Something from the old times....

JonC

Advanced
Sep 9, 2002
Maybe something a little bit different. I heard that SNL did a USAir parody a while back (before my time). Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Jon...It was a segment of Weekend Update W/ Kevin Neelan..I just saw it on Comedy Central about 30 minutes ago.

The story was about USAir losing a discriminatoion suit regarding overwieght F/A's....the bottom line was..
(1)As long as they could fit down the aisle they were OK.
(2)If they wore slacks? Thier back pockets had to remain within 3 feet of one another.
(3) If they went to the Lav? No Body parts could hang out of the door. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

That was the only thing said about USAir that had actual humor value to it..within the last 10 years. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif']

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/4/2002 9:03:45 PM phllax wrote:
[P]They also did a fake commercial right after the crash of 427 that was basically a graphic of the name with a vocie over.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Surely you're joking. They must have been pretty hard up for humor that week. Woody Allen once said that time plus tragedy equals humor, however, it's been quite sometime since 427 and I still fail to see anything funny about it. [/P]

[BLOCKQUOTE]----------------[BR]On 11/5/2002 9:10:33 AM ITRADE wrote:
[P]Just think of Howard Stern and the Air Florida 90 incident...[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]We don't get Howard Stern in the heartland. Only on E! television. And from what I've seen there, he just spends most of his time trying to get women to undress in his studio.

Howard Stern isn't as controversial as he was in his early days. His Air Florida bit was in extremely poor taste.

I think SNL took another shot at us with the Bhu-bye sketch, too. Will you be staying here in Pittsburgh? BUH-BYE!

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/5/2002 10:42:54 AM W:EXCH:INVOL wrote:

I think SNL took another shot at us with the "Bhu-bye" sketch, too. "Will you be staying here in Pittsburgh? BUH-BYE!"

INVOL
----------------
[/blockquote]

The one I heard of had Chris Farley as a utility worker.

Latest posts