Something New

Jan 24, 2011
So let get something new in here..... let talk about new routes.

I would like to see....

CLT-POP
CLT-PTY
CLT-EYW (Year Round)

PHL-EYW
PHL-YVR
PHL-YYR (never going to happn but wishfull thinkning)

PHX-FRA
PHX-LGW/LHR (if and when we merge with AA i dont think this will happen)
PHX-ITO
PHX-FAI

This is only a few of what i would like to see. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
CLT-FDF
CLT-GUA
CLT-CUR
CLT-CCS
CLT-BOG
CLT-LIM
CLT-OKC
CLT-TUL
CLT-tons of other cities

PHL-IST
but I'd be happy with a PVD-PHX flight....

PHL-GVA
PHL-CAI
PHL-NCL
PHL-CPH

PHX-MSY
PHX-YUL
PHX-OKC
PHX-SJU
PHX-(enter unrealistic Asia city code here)

CLT-EZE
CLT-SCL
CLT-LIM
CLT-TGU

-_-

So what new route is US planning? I know that they always want to get the employees really excited by announcing new frequencies in such cities, like CHS, TYS and TUS. Yeah Exciting isn't it.

But they do have them A332 coming in 2013, so having a plan for exciting international expansion would be great as well.

Reactions: 3 people
So let get something new in here..... let talk about new routes.

I would like to see....

PHL-YYR (never going to happn but wishfull thinkning)

YYR? You do know that is Goose Bay? Not even Air Canada has mainline flights there.You are right; that will not happen --- unless for a possible TATL diversion.

Sure, it's fun to speculate/wish for new city pairs, but keep in mind that for the foreseeable future, any growth or new markets will be on the express side.

Now, don't be catty. Think how impressed the people in BHM will be when the 330 crosses the freeway just after takeoff--with it's load of 50, maybe 60 passengers.

LOL, reminds me of the 767 flights they did to GSP! Airplane designed to cross oceans and it went 15 minutes CLT to GSP

Anyone think Doug will make another attempt at PHL-PVG?

You mean PEK? There was no first attempt at Shanghai. To your question, no; considering how many vacant frequencies that currently exist between the US and China, there doesn't seem to be anyone really clamoring to start service there at the moment. And that doesn't exactly bode well for a route that, in better economic times, was expected to bleed money for a few years as US established its presence.

CLT-PTY - Big Copa Latin America connecting hub *Alliance
CLT-BOG Big Avianca connecting hub to Latin America *Alliance

PHL-PTY
PHL-BOG for the same reasons
PHL-POS

CLT-BOG
CLT-EZE
CLT-SCL
PHL-VIE
PHL-SVO
PHL-IST
PHX-LHR
PHX-SJU
PHX-BZE
PHX-MSY
PHX-YTO

So what new route is US planning? I know that they always want to get the employees really excited by announcing new frequencies in such cities, like CHS, TYS and TUS. Yeah Exciting isn't it.

But they do have them A332 coming in 2013, so having a plan for exciting international expansion would be great as well.

There are 5 new 332s coming in 2013. Supposedly, 2 will be put on the Rio route out of Charlotte, 1 will fly the Philly-Zurich service, and 1 will do the seasonal Philly-Athens runs. The fifth one? Who knows?

The 767s that will be freed up are supposedly slated to serve the transatlantic routes that should never have been served by the 757 in the first place. Probably Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, and ????.

The 757s thus freed up will probably spend their days going in and out of Orlando.

New cities for mainline? Can anyone remember how long it has been since that occurred?