Something Smells Like Feces= Must Be The TWU ATD

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Now something doesn't seem on the up and up here.

I received a "ballot" example of teAAm videtich tools today in the mail. If this is coming from the twu atd this is wrong. But the return address is:

TWU Local 591 Election
One Voice, One Local
P.O. Box 210428
Bedford TX 76095-7428

The funny thing is when I Google the address it comes up as the mailing address for the National Labor Assistance Professionals, Inc. WTF?

Hey, wait a second! Isn't that the organization that Kerry Curtis, who is running for Local 591 Recording Secretary by the way, lost an election for?

Now why would my mailing address be on the National Labor Assistance Professionals, Inc. data base?

Who paid for this "ballot" example mail out? By the return address the impression is given that it is coming from the twu atd. If it is then why are they suggesting voting for the tools now known as teAAm videtich?

The information in this leaflet states:

"Our new Local 591 will have significant numbers, and we will be a force within the TWU."

"The new Local 591 with this team will work hard to provide you with the representation you deserve."

Right, and this "representation will still include the puppet string pulling of the twu atd.

Why is the twu pushing so hard for teAAm videtich? This leaflet smells like typical twu atd bullshit.

Vot NO for teAAm videtich!

Reactions: 2 people
This leaflet is hysterical. For Mike Hatfield is says:

"DFW, A man to be trusted, as Local 565 Treasurer, he more than tripled Local 565's bank account. His book keeping is without reproach."

Oh, really? HE alone "tripled" the 565's account? Yea, I guess the newly elected President, Vice President and Executive Board didn't have any say in the fact that we weren't going to go out to lunch every day or that the E-Board would not have credit cards. No, Mike did all this by himself. But wait a second here! Wasn't Mike the same Treasurer under videtich and Stewart? The bank account for local 565 under these ex-presidents for Local 565 was going in what direction? Yea, figured as much. So Mike can be trusted? Then why did he resign after the current Local 565 President asked for receipts for payments made by Mike that the Executive Board were unaware of?

The laughs continue in this leaflet. For Nick Soldevere it says:

"DFW, a competent, proven leader that has integrity and a vision of a Union that works only towards the benefit of the membership."

Yes, nothing spells competency like trying to articulate a thought by quoting Hitler.

Reactions: 1 person
Got to love the quote for Mike Garcia, "another competent, proven leader...

but yet i hear it is official that he quit the race.

Also been told that he is not alone in quitting over the Hitler comments. They are saying that the Cohin guy at DFW quit to.

Are my/your union funds being used to print and mail this garbage? If so, it's a violation of the LMRDA. Would you vote for officers that have such blatant disregard for it's own union members bill of rights?

Union Member Rights and Officer Responsibilities Under the LMRDA

The Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) guarantees certain rights to union members and imposes certain responsibilities on union officers. The Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) enforces many LMRDA provisions while other provisions, such as the bill of rights, may only be enforced by union members through private suit in federal court.

Union Member Rights
Officer Elections - Union members have the right to
  • nominate candidates for office
  • run for office
  • cast a secret ballot
  • protest the conduct of an election
Officer Removal- Local union members have the right to an adequate procedure for the removal of an elected officer guilty of serious misconduct.
Trusteeships - Unions may only be placed in trusteeship by a parent body for the reasons specified in the LMRDA.
Prohibition Against Certain Discipline - A union or any of its officials may not fine, expel, or otherwise discipline a member for exercising any LMRDA right.
Prohibition Against Violence - No one may use or threaten to use force or violence to interfere with a union member in the exercise of LMRDA rights.
Union Officer Responsibilities
Financial Safeguards - Union officers have a duty to manage the funds and property of the union solely for the benefit of the union and its members in accordance with the union's constitution and bylaws. Union officers or employees who embezzle or steal union funds or other assets commit a Federal crime punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
Bonding - Union officers or employees who handle union funds or property must be bonded to provide protection against losses if their union has property and annual financial receipts which exceed $5,000.
Labor Organization Reports - Union officers must:
  • file an initial information report (Form LM-1) and annual financial reports (Forms LM-2/3/4) with OLMS.
  • retain the records necessary to verify the reports for at least five years.
Officer Elections - Unions must:
  • hold elections of officers of local unions by secret ballot at least every three years
  • conduct regular elections in accordance with their constitution and bylaws and preserve all records for one year
  • mail a notice of election to every member at least 15 days prior to the election
  • comply with a candidate's request to distribute campaign material
  • not use union funds or resources to promote any candidate (nor may employer funds or resources be used)
  • permit candidates to have election observers
  • allow candidates to inspect the union's membership list once within 30 days prior to the election

Got to love the quote for Mike Garcia, "another competent, proven leader...

but yet i hear it is official that he quit the race.

Also been told that he is not alone in quitting over the Hitler comments. They are saying that the Cohin guy at DFW quit to.

With the Hitler quoter having a higher count of finger and toes compared to his IQ, his TEAAM dwindling, expect the phat
man to use his appointed power. He can do that brother!

I want to know if they used TWU local resources (like MY ADDRESS). I will be in touch with the OLMS immediately if that's the case. I'm tired of these TWU bums. Enough is enough.

Reactions: 3 people
I want to know if they used TWU local resources (like MY ADDRESS). I will be in touch with the OLMS immediately if that's the case. I'm tired of these TWU bums. Enough is enough.
Well your answer is YES. I just got off the phone with the International. I told them I want off of there mailing list. I told them I am tired of the International trying to influence the way I vote. Karen said that the indivdual on the Soldevere Ticket paid for the mail out and that the International provided the printing company with all of out address. So if you want off of the mailing list give Karen a call and get off the list. 817-282-2544......Get off the list...........

I called the lovely Ms. Karen and asked her who mailed this propaganda out without my permission to my home. She said it was one of the candidates. She suggested I contact the twu int. Election Committee and speak with a Ritchie Boeham. I Called Ritchie, who was very helpful and professional, and he informed me that the twu atd informed all the candidates for local 591 could, at their own expense, send out information to elligible voters via Allied Mailing & Printing, the company Ballot Point uses.

I was informed that Nick Soldevere paid for the mail out.

I then received a call from none other than bobby "lower your expectations" gless and was informed that the DOL says candidates can send out mail outs and that the twu constitution allows candidates the opportunity to use third party companies, ie. Allied Shipping & Mailing, that the candidates never actually get a hard copy of the data base of names for the mail out.

I told LYE gless that I never authorized Allied to give my contact information out for teAAm videtich propaganda. He repeated back that he didn't know what I meant by "teAAm videtich". I told him not to insult my intelligence and that he knew what I meant. teAAm videtich is a group of hand picked twu loving sellouts who will do the twu atd's bidding. I was rewarded with a "That's your opinion.".

Well, I will be looking for confirmation from the NMB about the twu's permission in granting my personal contact information via a third party for something other than contract voting.

By the way, both the twu int. election committee and the twu atd did NOT know what Nick Soldevere placed in the mail out. I do believe Mr. Boeham but I smell something a lot like feces coming from the atd. Nick could not have written the mail out letter urging me to vote for teAAm videtich. There weren't any Hitler quotes.

Besides, typical twu clones never even signed the mail out letter.

I'll be inquiring for Mr. Soldevere's contact information. Considering he mailed me a letter I can at least return the favor. If anyone happens to have the home address, or even cell number, for the Book Club fan of Mein Kampf please let me know.

I'll be inquiring for Mr. Soldevere's contact information. Considering he mailed me a letter I can at least return the favor. If anyone happens to have the home address, or even cell number, for the Book Club fan of Mein Kampf please let me know.

I'm not on it, but he is on facebook.

She suggested I contact the twu int. Election Committee and speak with a Ritchie Boeham. I Called Ritchie, who was very helpful and professional, and he informed me that the twu atd informed all the candidates for local 591 could, at their own expense, send out information to elligible voters via Allied Mailing & Printing, the company Ballot Point uses.

I was informed that Nick Soldevere paid for the mail out.

So all the candidates were offered which is fair. Complaints therefore should be taken up with the election committee and union as to why members were sent an envelope from the "TWU LOCAL 591 ELECTION" with instructions to vote for specific candidates. It's obviously misleading and deceptive and I doubt that was unintentional. It's crooked politics, in my "opinion" of course.

Reactions: 4 people
Since those paid at AA wages can't afford mass international mailings, lets help them out by posting these at every station across the nation.

I will post some tonight in Miami.

Anyone else?

http://www.591vote.c...idates Card.pdf

http://www.591vote.com/
Don't post this kind of thing on company property.
It is a violation of labor laws.
This kind of thing was posted on company property at SWA for the last AMFA national election and was the cause of us having to have a revote.

Latest posts