Southwest apologizes to mom

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../a131146D90.DTL

The crew bounced Root and her son Adam off the San Jose-bound flight because passengers could not hear preflight safety announcements.

Please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks the crew was right in having them removed and that WN owed this woman nothing. (Full disclosure: I don't have kids) :)

No your not the only one..while I know it can be difficult for moms travelling with kids if she cannot control his outbursts than they suffer the consequences. I too believe that SWA is sending the wrong message here. Just because this issue was made public is no reason to throw the crew under the bus which is just what they did here by offering the mother not only a refund but a voucher and an apoglogy..Funny SW has a reputation for standing beind their employees decisions although it doesn't seem so in this case.

No your not the only one..while I know it can be difficult for moms travelling with kids if she cannot control his outbursts than they suffer the consequences. I too believe that SWA is sending the wrong message here. Just because this issue was made public is no reason to throw the crew under the bus which is just what they did here by offering the mother not only a refund but a voucher and an apoglogy..Funny SW has a reputation for standing beind their employees decisions although it doesn't seem so in this case.

most of the 100s of comments on the Chron' website agree with the crew as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../a131146D90.DTL

The crew bounced Root and her son Adam off the San Jose-bound flight because passengers could not hear preflight safety announcements.

Please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks the crew was right in having them removed and that WN owed this woman nothing. (Full disclosure: I don't have kids) :)

Nope, you're not the only one. I also agree with the crews decision to remove
them from the flight before it got underway for it very well could have been
the most miserable flight for the other 135 passengers onboard.