SOUTHWEST Flight 1919

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/04/26/Jetliner-slides-off-runway-in-Chicago/UPI-88511303864866/

Southwest Flight 1919, a Boeing 737-700 carrying 134 passengers and five crew members on a flight from Denver, had just landed at 1:35 p.m. CDT when it slid off the left edge of the runway before reaching the end of the strip, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Lets not mention the fact that Chicago is called the windy city! We're having weird weather everywhere. I've seen 'unreported' incidents involving other jets. But because WN is a victim we must point a finger and throw stones from our glass houses. :ph34r:

No one was injured...that's a good landing!

Lets not mention the fact that Chicago is called the windy city! We're having weird weather everywhere. I've seen 'unreported' incidents involving other jets. But because WN is a victim we must point a finger and throw stones from our glass houses. :ph34r:

[/quote
WINDY......just another day in Chicago, but victim isn't the word that comes to mind!

Victim? How so? and that is a nutty statement.

Kind of like this one, commercial aviation is a different mindset than landing in a war zone or an aircraft carrier.
If you want to 'hot dog' a commercial airplane and that's your 'tude' then go back to military flying and hopefully you will only kill yourself.

JMHO

Victim? How so? and that is a nutty statement.

Kind of like this one, commercial aviation is a different mindset than landing in a war zone or an aircraft carrier.
If you want to 'hot dog' a commercial airplane and that's your 'tude' then go back to military flying and hopefully you will only kill yourself.

JMHO
Don't know what your problem or twist is, and don't care. Victim, refers to Any incident involving WN is blown up to make Southwest look like they aren't as perfect as the public perceives them to be. Seriously, dude, you're talking about some concept that was not my intention.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't know what your problem or twist is, and don't care. Victim, refers to Any incident involving WN is blown up to make Southwest look like they aren't as perfect as the public perceives them to be. Seriously, dude, you're talking about some concept that was not my intention.

No one is immune when an incident occurs and to claim 'victim' when WN clearly made a mistake is BS. Look around here and you will see every airline has been chastised for something, so get used to it. WN has an excellent safety record but is not perfect. I have flown WN in the past and will fly them again. So get off the pity potty.

OK, no one here is perfect, so what was your intention with this statement?
Huggs,
B) xUT

I'm sure that the NTSB will be happy that you've solved this incident. I see a job as investigator in your future... :lol:

Jim
I'm not trying to be a NTSB investigator nor do I claim to know everything about every subject posted on this forum AS SOME THINK THEY DO, but I will say that I will bet you that if the flaps were at the proper position,the spoilers/speed brake were deployed,reversers were deployed,the brakes were working AND the aircraft was "on speed and profile" which would be a normal operation regardless of the windy city, we would not have a so called "victim". Of course if any of these items were in-opt then they most likely would not have been landing there anyway.

Latest posts