Southwest's customer service agents come to a tentative agreement.

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Congrats to the members on a possible T/A. Always nice to hear a T/A is agreed upon between the two sides.
After reading the update, made me wonder if the retiring NMB official was the hold up. Just last month the 3rd NMB official was introduced to nego parties as the prior official was retiring. Then all of a sudden in Aug. they have a T/A. Hmmmmm.
Wish you all the best if it comes out for a vote...

Reactions: SharoninSAT

SharoninSAT

Veteran
Oct 9, 2005
SAT/WN
Congrats to the members on a possible T/A. Always nice to hear a T/A is agreed upon between the two sides.
After reading the update, made me wonder if the retiring NMB official was the hold up. Just last month the 3rd NMB official was introduced to nego parties as the prior official was retiring. Then all of a sudden in Aug. they have a T/A. Hmmmmm.
Wish you all the best if it comes out for a vote...

Thanks swamt. We will see. :)

OP
S

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
I'll be glad to! It's been with the NMB since Mar 2020.
Not bad at a year and a half for NMB. I think the company has learned from their antics of dragging out nego's from us and other groups that were done not long ago. Glad to hear you guys didn't have to go thru what we and others did.

Reactions: SharoninSAT

JimmyBop

May 29, 2014
Just curious as to when the SWA's AMTs will figure out how many thousands of dollars of their union dues AMFA is spending on legal fees to try and convince the NMB that they didn't lose the representation vote at AA?
That's your dues money boys and girls....

SharoninSAT

Veteran
Oct 9, 2005
SAT/WN
Not bad at a year and a half for NMB. I think the company has learned from their antics of dragging out nego's from us and other groups that were done not long ago. Glad to hear you guys didn't have to go thru what we and others did.
Thanks swamt. This is the bulletin from the IAM. https://www.iamdl142.org/iam-southwest-airlines/.
Hoping it's a good contract this time. A lot to read and then on to a vote. Our last contract ended on Dec 2, 2018.

Last edited:

Latest posts