Southwest's customer service agents come to a tentative agreement.

Well that sucks. Hopefully enough "new hires" will do the right thing. We shall see after 5-5. Good luck to you all, and thanks for the update...

Well swamt, it looks like our new hires did the right thing and voted NO. :)...

Sisters and Brothers

Our members have spoken and the contract was rejected with an overwhelming majority vote. We would like to thank everyone who voted and your Negotiating Committee for their hard work during this process
Your leadership will be meeting in the coming days to determine the best path forward for the future of every IAM District Lodge 142 member at Southwest Airlines. Again, we appreciate your participation and patience during this democratic process.

John M. Coveny, Jr.

PRESIDENT-DIRECTING GENERAL CHAIR

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Well swamt, it looks like our new hires did the right thing and voted NO. :)...

Sisters and Brothers

Our members have spoken and the contract was rejected with an overwhelming majority vote. We would like to thank everyone who voted and your Negotiating Committee for their hard work during this process
Your leadership will be meeting in the coming days to determine the best path forward for the future of every IAM District Lodge 142 member at Southwest Airlines. Again, we appreciate your participation and patience during this democratic process.

John M. Coveny, Jr.

PRESIDENT-DIRECTING GENERAL CHAIR
Very nice!!! Way to go new hires. Glad to see the unity. I still can't believe the NC still allowed that to come out for a vote, should have been stopped at the table IMO. Just as in some past contracts, let the company call it what they want to call it, bonus pay, but just make sure it is equal to (or greater than, as in our case) than what full retro would be. Which is first raise offered gets paid back to DOR on all hours worked including O/T, HOL, and VAC etc. Great job you guys, now I would expect to see the full retro as the number one item, but , we shall see what the other items are that caused the overwhelming NO vote. :) Pat a new hire on the back and tell them thank you, some were probably a little scared to vote it down.

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Southwest Airlines is closing reservations centers

In theory sounds great. I am sure the employees are happier working from home. And I am sure SWA will of course save tons of $$$ by not having to lease or own buildings and lease office furniture, computers, insurance etc... I just hope our outstanding customer service does not get affected in a negative way. What's your thoughts Sharon? I read where the co. made this decision all on their own with no union input. Must be such a large savings that they just said do it.