Southwest's customer service agents come to a tentative agreement.

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Congrats to the members on a possible T/A. Always nice to hear a T/A is agreed upon between the two sides.
After reading the update, made me wonder if the retiring NMB official was the hold up. Just last month the 3rd NMB official was introduced to nego parties as the prior official was retiring. Then all of a sudden in Aug. they have a T/A. Hmmmmm.
Wish you all the best if it comes out for a vote...

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Congrats to the members on a possible T/A. Always nice to hear a T/A is agreed upon between the two sides.
After reading the update, made me wonder if the retiring NMB official was the hold up. Just last month the 3rd NMB official was introduced to nego parties as the prior official was retiring. Then all of a sudden in Aug. they have a T/A. Hmmmmm.
Wish you all the best if it comes out for a vote...

Thanks swamt. We will see. :)

I'll be glad to! It's been with the NMB since Mar 2020.
Not bad at a year and a half for NMB. I think the company has learned from their antics of dragging out nego's from us and other groups that were done not long ago. Glad to hear you guys didn't have to go thru what we and others did.

Just curious as to when the SWA's AMTs will figure out how many thousands of dollars of their union dues AMFA is spending on legal fees to try and convince the NMB that they didn't lose the representation vote at AA?
That's your dues money boys and girls....

Not bad at a year and a half for NMB. I think the company has learned from their antics of dragging out nego's from us and other groups that were done not long ago. Glad to hear you guys didn't have to go thru what we and others did.
Thanks swamt. This is the bulletin from the IAM. https://www.iamdl142.org/iam-southwest-airlines/.
Hoping it's a good contract this time. A lot to read and then on to a vote. Our last contract ended on Dec 2, 2018.

Last edited:
Any input on why Sharon?
What might be the issues??
Thanks for sharing.
CSA's, CR's and SOS all had issues with OT policies and sick pay changes.
A biggie was no retro pay or signing bonus and of coarse raises and salaries
( CSA's and CR's). Company wanting more for less.

Reactions: swamt
CSA's, CR's and SOS all had issues with OT policies and sick pay changes.
A biggie was no retro pay or signing bonus and of coarse raises and salaries
( CSA's and CR's). Company wanting more for less.

Co. tried changing our sick pay policies before as well. Contract already covers sick policy.
No retro, no contract IMO. Don't let the co. get away with no retro. We held out for over 6 years but ended up with full retro plus. They also short changed us on the raises and salaries at first. I am really sick and tired of this new regime trying to get away with pennies on the dollars since Herb has left. They are always just looking out for their bonuses on how much $$$ they save the co. at contract times.
Our new VP of labor is still holding out for an extension next time around for us, he doesn't want to touch another 7 years to get to a contract.
There are still guys that are holding this new management responsible for the way they handled it last time and won't forget. The co. has lost a lot of dedicated hard working employees on how leaders handled and treated the mechanics group big time.
Hopefully the co. won't go down that "moral killing" road again with your groups in talks now.
Buckle up for a possible long ride, not the same co. any longer. Good luck and stay positive, thx for the info...

Co. tried changing our sick pay policies before as well. Contract already covers sick policy.
No retro, no contract IMO. Don't let the co. get away with no retro. We held out for over 6 years but ended up with full retro plus. They also short changed us on the raises and salaries at first. I am really sick and tired of this new regime trying to get away with pennies on the dollars since Herb has left. They are always just looking out for their bonuses on how much $$$ they save the co. at contract times.
Our new VP of labor is still holding out for an extension next time around for us, he doesn't want to touch another 7 years to get to a contract.
There are still guys that are holding this new management responsible for the way they handled it last time and won't forget. The co. has lost a lot of dedicated hard working employees on how leaders handled and treated the mechanics group big time.
Hopefully the co. won't go down that "moral killing" road again with your groups in talks now.
Buckle up for a possible long ride, not the same co. any longer. Good luck and stay positive, thx for the info...
Thanks swamt, good advice. I am so pleased that our group voted the T/A down this time. We can do much better. I'm
willing to hold out for as long as it takes. What I'm hearing, everyone feels the same. I'll keep you posted. Wishing
you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. coming up. :)

Reactions: swamt
Thanks swamt, good advice. I am so pleased that our group voted the T/A down this time. We can do much better. I'm
willing to hold out for as long as it takes. What I'm hearing, everyone feels the same. I'll keep you posted. Wishing
Thank you, and the same for you and yours as well.
You guys will do better, just stay united.

Congrats, Southwest Union members, for telling all concerned to " GET THIS P O S out of our HOUSE, QUICKLY !!!!!!!!!!!