Space Positive Tix?

----------------
On 4/4/2003 8:12:37 PM flyonthewall wrote:

The employees on payroll are the ones who are taking the 5% pay reduction and they should be rewarded. 

----------------​

the employees on furlough took a 100% pay cut..

The employees on payroll are the ones who are taking the 5% pay reduction and they should be rewarded. Most employees should have received their letter in the mail. More information will be released on "The Hub" in the near future.

Thanks Dave!

----------------
On 4/4/2003 8:12:37 PM flyonthewall wrote:

The employees on payroll are the ones who are taking the 5% pay reduction and they should be rewarded. Most employees should have received their letter in the mail. More information will be released on "The Hub" in the near future.

Thanks Dave!

----------------​
Fly,

I thought this gesture had to do with the contributions from the employees for meeting the timeline for BK emergence according to the letter? So, which is it...the 5% pay deferral or the emergence from BK? Dave states that this gesture is management's gratitude and tribute for the employees hard work and loyalty. Doesn't mention the 5% paycut.

Now your saying it has to do with the 5%. If this is the case, then the letter is misleading.

Are you saying that the employees who come back off furlough,(who will take the 5% ) in June, will then be given their TWFT? Or will the furloughees returning not take a 5% pay deferral?

Don't want to look a "gift horse" in the mouth, (cause they are very few and far between), but I was under the perception that ALL the employees received this, not just active. Keep in mind, we have many folks going on furlough again in June. Does that mean those that have received this can't use it while on furlough????

Many of us are broke. And even though space positve seating is grand, we have to be very selective where to go, as we have no money to spend on hotels and such. I am hoping that furloughees can use this as this program expires in one year.

So, if the bookings are low, according to the company reports, then why would this be problem for furloughees to have and use this?

I hope, fly, you will answer this.

CCY,

I spoke with the local president and she states that to her understanding, all employees of U would receive this, and that it could only be USED while "active". That to me is not sound to only be used while active, as we have many furloughees who go active and then inactive, then active again. Fly is saying that no furloughees are getting this, because they did not take the 5% pay deferral. But many our returning in June. So what's the premise, and criteria? Do they get this or not?

Rest assured, we are appreciative of any kind token by mangement, as the airline has been saved by all employees.

"An architect can design a "plan/blueprint" for the biggest, strongest building in all the world; however, if he/she does not have the right or the best contractors to implement and build it...the plan then, is just that, a plan... nothing more... nothing less"

I thought you would be ingenuous enough to answer, as you are right next door to the folks in the know. The travel dept can only answer what the policy is. I was hoping for clarificfation and rational....

F*PPD/Together/We/Travel I think was the section in Sabre to look up the highlights. It states that you must be an active employee to book (must be done via the HUB) and active to use them. More details to come in another letter from Dave....????

----------------
On 4/4/2003 8:17:08 PM SalesGuyCCY wrote:

What's this all about? Can some explain? I haven't heard.....

----------------​

Travel Award: To mark your contribution towards our sucessful emergence, all US Airways and US Airways Express wholly owned carrier employees will be eligible for two "Together We Fly Tickets" (TWFT), good for confirmed travel anywhere on the US Airways system. The program will be implemented under the following guidelines:

- Each active employee will be alloted two TWFT's which can be used by the employee or pass eligible family member/domestic partner (same as current pass policy)

- The employess must be active at the time of booking and TWFT use

- Together We Fly Tickets are good for systemwide roundtrip positive space coach travel and are non-upgradeable

- Together We Fly Tickets must be booked 14 days prior to the date of travel

- TWFT's must be booked in "W" inventory and only on US Airways/US Airways Express (UA codeshare flights are not eligible for TWFT travel)

- Once booked, TWFT's cannot be cancelled, rebooked, or changed

- Bookings must be made by May 1, 2004, after which TWFT's expire

- Employees will pay all domestic and international taxes, applicable security fees and any other fees at the time of booking, and will be responsible for tax on the income that will be imputed for the value of the TWFT tickets

- All bookings must be done through a dedicated web site on 'the Hub', which will be availible in May 2003

That's from the letter.

I'm wondering what formula they use to determine the amount to be imputed. Any idea?

--Dino

Looks like every furloughed employee needs to get on an active employee' travel card.....
9.gif

----------------
On 4/5/2003 3:27:32 PM dinosaur wrote:

I'm wondering what formula they use to determine the amount to be imputed. Any idea?

--Dino

----------------​

I'm guessing that the prevailing price(s) charged a passenger for round-trip ticket(s), purchased 14 days in advance, for your date and time of travel would be the amount of "income" you've earned according to the official accounting on the books.

"Of course, your mileage may vary......"

Just another slap in the face for the pilot group, two lousy tickets for all that we gave plus our pension, well worth it

----------------
On 4/6/2003 5:09:40 PM a320av8r wrote:

I'd like to see y'all get over it!
Be thankful for what you have and stop crying over what you don't.

----------------​
Yea, get over which part? We'll all be over it when our wages snap back...in 7 years...