Spirit Airlines

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Anyone know if Spirit is ending PVD-DTW? Appears at the end of April something is going to happen. They will only offer fully refundable fares on all flights starting May 1. Seems RSW remains at 1 flight and FLL at 2. Don't know how they will rotate the aircraft without DTW. A possible new destination?

There will be a new destination. I cannot say what it is yet. DTW will continue, and this flight will be a new destination for PVD.

markkus757 said:
There will be a new destination. I cannot say what it is yet. DTW will continue, and this flight will be a new destination for PVD.
[post="253103"][/post]​

If DTW will continue, why are they nor longer selling seats starting May? When will the new city be announced? The rumor I have been hearing is ACY. Will RSW and FLL remain the same?

Fuel price is now an issue. DTW is being suspended and any grow th is put on hold. I just found this out myself. Sorry for the wrong info.

Long term yes, short term, no. They do not have enough of them yet for it to make a substantial difference. The Airbuses are saving them a lot in gas, but they still cannot fly any marginal services for the time-being.

Thanks for the info. I knew the DTW leg had to end. What are they going to do about RSW? They are still selling seats, so they need to rotate the aircraft in somehow. They could make the flight a RON, but they have not changed the times online.