Star Alliance Audit

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
This is a CBS message I received from the company today.

Subject: Star Alliance Audit

As you know, US Airways is a member of the Star Alliance global airline partnership. Star Alliance was the first partnership of its kind, and has since grown into the largest and most recognizable of the global airline
alliances, consisting of 17 member airlines serving nearly 850 destinations worldwide. This partnership provides great value to both US Airways, in the form of revenue, and to our customers.

Continued membership in this elite partnership requires each member airline to undergo an operational audit every two years to assess the ability to provide safe, high quality, reliable transportation to our customers. The Star Alliance will conduct this audit of US Airways from June 25 - June 29. During this week, auditors will meet with Flight & Cabin Operations, Maintenance, Airport Services, Security, and other relevant departments at US Airways to review our policies and procedures and conduct observations. Star Alliance auditors will attend training classes and conduct en route observations of crewmembers throughout this time period.

As always, when on duty ensure that your manual is current and up-to-date, and exercise professionalism, teamwork and compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations.

Thank you.

i agree with flight chick , we need to do the best job we can during this period . The star alliance IS important to all of us in a finicial aspect ,and it proably has ramifications to non reve travel :unsure:

"assess the ability to provide safe, high quality, reliable transportation to our customers"

No, we actually do provide safe transport to costumers.. maybe not in the way you like, but we get them from place to place safely.

KUDOS TO THE MECHANICS THAT KEEP THOSE PLANES FLYING.

This audit analyzes policies and procedures of the operation and also makes certain that those policies and procedures which are in place, are practical, implemented and followed by the workforces. It is important the everyone does the best job they can at keeping up to date and working among the procedures set forth.

Too bad Inflight (note the correct spelling) did not call it what it is: IOSA--(I)nternational Air Transport Association (O)perational (S)afety (A)udit.

Completion of the audit is a biennial requirement for inclusion on the IATA registry and membership, STAR requires membership but does not in any way conduct the audit.

Since this is the third time at this rodeo one would think the CBS writers would know.

Sheez.

Too bad Inflight (note the correct spelling) did not call it what it is: IOSA--(I)nternational Air Transport Association (O)perational (S)afety (A)udit.

Completion of the audit is a biennial requirement for inclusion on the IATA registry and membership, STAR requires membership but does not in any way conduct the audit.

Since this is the third time at this rodeo one would think the CBS writers would know.

Sheez.

The CBS writers simplified the entry and simply cut to the chase of "an audit". The company explained all of this in their publication to employees.

:shock: I was just thinking the same thing, I wonder how the auditors for Star Alliance feel about duct tape,it's on the 330 f/c seats!! :shock: