Star Alliance Livery

Phantom Fixer

Veteran
Oct 21, 2003
FWIW , The first mainline Acft with the Star Alliance Livery made it's debute in CLT last night. (Acft 700UW).

The Acft was painted in ROW ...a second Acft is in ARA at this time.

Many observers thought the A319 looked awkward with the solid white fuselage..but all were impressed with the Star Alliance logo on the dark blue tail.

A very small USAirways logo is retained slightly below the L1 and R1 Main Entry Doors.

I'm sure many will be far from impressed on the expendature on such things taking place...but never the less , it is taking place.

Remember , DON'T SHOOT the MESSENGER (LOL) :)

Though there will certainly be some who will complain about spending money on this, I believe that it is a requirement of the Star Alliance to paint a certain number of aircraft in their livery. The Star Alliance is undoubtedly generating some new revenue for the company so this is certainly an example of spending a little to make more.

A/C 623 a 757-200 is in ARA being painting in Star Livery, it left the same day as 700. 701 is the plane currently in ROW.

700UW said:
A/C 623 a 757-200 is in ARA being painting in Star Livery, it left the same day as 700. 701 is the plane currently in ROW.
[post="179865"][/post]​
I saw both this evening in CLT. 700UW was at D1 and then took off in front of us around 6:10 on 36R. 623 was parked out side the hanger but did not have star logo on tail. I thought they both looked good, but I have always been partial to the 757.

700UW, I am assuming this is your namesake. Was this first bird to go to AL.?

700 and 701 were the first two to go to MAE to get overhauled, they were painted at Roswell, NM.

700UW said:
Here you go
[post="181930"][/post]​

Call it what it is, the DEATH TO LABOR STAR ALLIANCE. This is nothing to be proud of as The Shrub would rather see a $5.85/hr eastern european pilot fly PHL-LAX than a $100+/hr US pilot.

sickened in DENVER, CO

Shouldn't that be "The Welfare Alliance"? With many of it's members in BK it is far from a shining "Star Alliance" :up:

700UW said:
Another:
[post="181943"][/post]​

Nice Photo. Plane looks great. ANY color but gray is a breath of fresh air.

Now just put a smile on the nose and you've got something!

I figured I would update this thread instead of starting a new one.

What's the progress on the total amount of aircraft currently and still slated to have Star Alliance paint scheme? I thought I read somewhere there would be a few 767's in the scheme also but not sure.

While I'm at it, I saw a couple of recent pictures on justplanenews.com that looked like repainting of the current US Airways scheme on a 757 in CLT. Is that what they are doing? The windows and title are covered up so it looks more like a touch up or something, but I am sure someone here can clear that up for me. I know there are lots of planes in the fleet that's paint looks terrible, so I am just wondering if there any other aircraft planned to be touched up or repainted in the near future? -Thanks

Currently there seems to be a 319, a 757, and CRJ700. Two E170s were to arrive in the Star colours, I'm not sure if they are the ones presently sitting in Brazil.

They were also meant to put it on a couple 767s- I hope it's that one that's all scraped up. It looks like it got in a fight with Ike Turner. It's pretty embarrassing.

A320 Driver said:
The airplanes need paint anyway. Who cares what color it is?

A320 Driver
[post="179866"][/post]​

Heard they were having a special one painted just for you. It will be white with a big, wide yellow stripe down the middle. :up: