Starting Date Pushed Back Again For Maa?

xoxo

Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I have a question for anyone that knows...I have a friend whom knows someone that is good friends(does that make sense?) with a F/A instructor for MAA..and they said that the start date is Feb. 8th no more! It is now early March. Can anyone verify this? The company has not released this info yet, so I am not sure if it is true or not. Thanks!

It's unfortunate, but that is the information I have been provided with as well. It is my understanding that US Airways will not be taking delivery of the EMB aircraft because they will not be completed as scheduled. I was under the impression that offers for employment were due to be mailed on the 10th of Nov with training to begin on Dec. 8th. With this new information, I can only assume that there were no letters sent and training will be rescheduled (again) for sometime next year, but don't hold your breath.

Just curious. Has the FAA questioning of training at MDA been resolved?

Good luck to all at U.

Ahhh once again had the mainline pilots negotiated a more realistic option for the delivery of large regional jets with the wholly owned's maybe all these problems could have been bypassed.

passed_over said:
Ahhh once again had the mainline pilots negotiated a more realistic option for the delivery of large regional jets with the wholly owned's maybe all these problems could have been bypassed.
We do tend to drag our feet a bit when it comes to parking our aircraft and furloughing our pilots which is precisely what is required to accomplish what you suggest. Frankly, we'd just as soon fly them ourselves.

A320 Driver <_<

Yesterday I had Jerry Glass on my flight and we talked for a few minutes. Glass told me the first EMB-170 delivery will occur in December and the company still intends on the first MDA revenue flight to begin on February 8.

Thus, I am somewhat perplexed on the difference in comments by Glass and PitBull.

Meanwhile, pilot basic check airman training (BCAT) is virtually complete and the first line pilot training class begins next week, on Thursday, November 20. MDA will have a pilot training class every 10 days for 10 pilots (5 Captains/5 First Officers) for the next 3 years.

Separately, in my opinion the company will accept delivery in late 2004 or early 2005 of the 76-seat, two-class configuration EMB-175.

Regards,

Chip

PITbull said:
Yesterday I had Jerry Glass on my flight and we talked for a few minutes[/B.

Chip, That was your first problem, right there.

If that's not consorting with a known enemy , I don't know what is?

Hey Chip....did you feel him reaching in your pocket as you spoke? or was he rattling the change left over from your pension as you chatted with him?

Of course Chip has to ALWAYS be right!!!

Chip, it is delayed!

Don't believe it?
Call US Airways In-flight.

Pitbull claims it is confidential therefore, you should already know because you are ALWAYS told confidential things. Or so you claim.

The pilot training is still going to start, but the rev flight was pushed back.

It would be difficult to do without the flight attendants don't you think?

A320 Driver said:
Frankly, we'd just as soon fly them ourselves.

A320 Driver <_<

" Frankly", we'd just as soon enable ALL GROUP PILOTS to fly them. Grow up and stop fighting us. Remember US Airways is a WO too.

Borded to Death,

Don't even waste ur time with his Comments (A320 Driver)!!! WO's have always been treated like step kids.. Its the typical mainline attitude!! I have learned to live it!! Half of there pilots don't even know that Group has 3 Wo's...

Folks at the WO's

We would like nothing more than to let you fly the EMB170s and have our jobs back. MDA is going to employ those of us who are jobless- at least you are still employed.

Alot of us from mainline have been suggesting that after the mainline seniority list has been cleared (if that ever happens) that wholly owned employees should have flow thru rights to MDA/Mainline. I'm a former Express FA who is now a furloughed mainliner. I'd like to see us all on one list, and the contract carriers gone, and many others share that view.

It's inappropriate and mean spirited to make nasty comments about the thousands living on unemployment waiting for a job with MidAtlantic. Some junior FAs wil make less than WO FAs but are desperate to return to work. I know quite a few mainline FAs who werent hired by Allegheny, Piedmont, and PSA after thier furlough. You would think we'd all support each other, right?

We would like nothing more than to let you fly the EMB170s and have our jobs back. MDA is going to employ those of us who are jobless- at least you are still employed.

Jobs could be had by all Group employees if Mainline Pilots would stop fighting WO pilots. This would end the whipsaw and allow us all to speak with one voice to one Mgt. Once that occurs we put our energy toward getting rid of the contract carriers and getting every Group employee back to work. All it takes is leadership, something which is not abundant around here.

Alot of us from mainline have been suggesting that after the mainline seniority list has been cleared (if that ever happens) that wholly owned employees should have flow thru rights to MDA/Mainline. I'm a former Express FA who is now a furloughed mainliner. I'd like to see us all on one list, and the contract carriers gone, and many others share that view.

As per Jets for Jobs, this is already done for the pilots. Unfortunately it is not for the Flight Attendants.

It's inappropriate and mean spirited to make nasty comments about the thousands living on unemployment waiting for a job with MidAtlantic.

I don't think I said anything that was mean spirited or inappropriate. Just tried to get the point across that I would like a person such as, A320Driver, working with us rather than against us. Working against us is what Mgt wants. Why give'em what they want. If anything, at least work with us (the other WO) just to spite Mgt.

I know quite a few mainline FAs who werent hired by Allegheny, Piedmont, and PSA after thier furlough. You would think we'd all support each other, right?

You would think. But with those that are in charge of the hiring, are they the ones that you should be looking for support? The Mainline pilots found a way to ensure some jobs for their furloughed. You would think that the Mainline FA leadership would have done something for your group as well, right? I don't know, what as the FA leadership done for you lately?

Anyway, most of what I try to stress to people is that the quicker some people realize that the US Airways Express Carriers of ALG, PDT, and PSA have just as much right to be here as US Airways does, the quicker we'll be able to gain control of our destinys. I've never understood some of the attitudes of some people at Mainline. I would have thought that it was in Mainlines best interest to do everything they could to ensure ONE LIST, ONE CONTRACT, AND ONE MGT TO DEAL WITH. Quess I don't see the big picture.

AOG-N-IT said:
Hey Chip....did you feel him reaching in your pocket as you spoke? or was he rattling the change left over from your pension as you chatted with him?
Aog you crack me up te-he te-he. Man there ain't no way chip could feel a thief as slick as jerrwy taking his watch! Apparently he didn't even feel him steal his pension---te-he classic stuff here. This is just like a Charlie Chaplin keystone flick, you know pilot barn stormer doesn't know he's lost he's pant's!!

Attachments

• keystonecop.jpeg
    keystonecop.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 83