Stay far far away from the teamsters

whoop whoop

Senior
May 18, 2010
From what I understand about the AA A&P situation with the twu, it's you have unelected, non A&P officers telling you how it's going to be.

I will tell you first hand, the teamsters are the same if not worse. You are not doing yourselves any favors by even considering the teamsters.

Focus your energy on getting rid of the twu with AMFA...................

Forget the teamsters, they are the twu with a different name.

The teamsters SCABBED the NWA strike, Hoffa jr. himself flew on NWA in 2005 for more than$200,000. They have lied to us here at CAL, the new UA for the last 14 years. They promised not to organize the ramp..................... guess what, they spent millions organizing the ramp, just to loose them not even a year later to the iam, LOL.

We told them keep your hands off of our pensions, they are still trying to figure out a way how to steal it from us.

2 members in Orlando spoke their minds, the teamsters kicked them out.

The teamsters do not care about our A&P, to them we are just as good as part time meat packers.

Look at the teamsters record with outsourcing of our profession.

SWA for 25 years before AMFA= Everything farmed out
UPS= Everything farmed out
CAL= Everything farmed out
UAL= Gave up on the 20% grievance that was 95% finished and winnable.
Frontier= Everything farmed out
Horizon= Lost half of the work and half of the A&P's not even a year after gaining representation.

You guys will do nobody any good by even giving the teamsters a second thought. They are just as big a company union as is the twu.

They are liars and SCABS.
About half of the teamster higher ups at CAL are verified SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's has to be AMFA or nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
AMFA at NW-Failure

AMFA at WN, contiunes outsourcing and just signed an LOA to let work be done in San Salvador.

AMFA as AS 70% of maintenance farmed out.

AMFA at NW-Failure

AMFA at WN, contiunes outsourcing and just signed an LOA to let work be done in San Salvador.

This will be my only reply to you as you are a supporter of the SCAB iam.

You are a SCAB and do not need to be involved in this conversation as you are not with neither union or companies in this conversation!

Go to your USAir forum............

The iam SCABBED NWA jobs as well!!!!!!

SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry never crossed a picket line in my life. I helped run the IAM October of 92 strike against US Air.

The IAM had the ancillary duties in their CBA at NW and did that work at more stations than AMFA represented employees. And the ancillary duties were removed when NW imposed a new CBA at NW upon AMFA.

So did you want employees being insubordinate and get terminated for not doing their job?

( I dont agree with what Depace did at NW)

ALPA, PFAA(AMFA's sister union) and the IBT all worked after the strike, IBT represented Champion Air Pilots flew flights for NW during the strike.

And when you own and run the message board you can tell people who can post and who cant.

Glad to see you used facts to dispute what happened, not!

AMFA at NW-Failure

You're fooling yourself if you think that NWA wasn't out to bust whatever union was representing mx. AMFA was just the union that was there at the time. If raising the bar for wages for mechanics industry-wide is a failure, then yeah, AMFA failed... I notice the IAM didn't honor their picket line. Would that be a failure?

Reactions: 4 people
AMFA at NW-Failure
So Eastern was a success?
WN 'under the IBT' never performed work in-house, "EVER"!
Now WN is performing some maintenance, Is this a bad thing?

Where does the mighty ibt at CO get their maintenance performed?
B) xUT

Back to the point of the topic,

A&P's at AA, save your time and energy if you even are considering the ibt for a second. You might as well stay with the twu. They are no different.

It's AMFA for A&P's or nothing..............

AMFA, the only craft union for A&P's and the only one in this conversation that has never worked STRUCK WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're fooling yourself if you think that NWA wasn't out to bust whatever union was representing mx. AMFA was just the union that was there at the time. If raising the bar for wages for mechanics industry-wide is a failure, then yeah, AMFA failed... I notice the IAM didn't honor their picket line. Would that be a failure?
That's a "FACT", every gooberment agency, airline, and union haters were against AMFA.
Allowed a 'scab school' as NWA spent 'millions' breaking the union than is was willing to give their workers.
The whole NWA debacle should be a wake up call to everyone.
B) xUT

This will be my only reply to you as you are a supporter of the SCAB iam.

You are a SCAB and do not need to be involved in this conversation as you are not with neither union or companies in this conversation!

Go to your USAir forum............

The iam SCABBED NWA jobs as well!!!!!!

SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will 2nd that.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry never crossed a picket line in my life. I helped run the IAM October of 92 strike against US Air.

The IAM had the ancillary duties in their CBA at NW and did that work at more stations than AMFA represented employees. And the ancillary duties were removed when NW imposed a new CBA at NW upon AMFA.

So did you want employees being insubordinate and get terminated for not doing their job?

( I dont agree with what Depace did at NW)

ALPA, PFAA(AMFA's sister union) and the IBT all worked after the strike, IBT represented Champion Air Pilots flew flights for NW during the strike.

And when you own and run the message board you can tell people who can post and who cant.

Glad to see you used facts to dispute what happened, not!

Might not be a scab,but definetly a scab union rep.

From what I understand about the AA A&P situation with the twu, it's you have unelected, non A&P officers telling you how it's going to be.

I will tell you first hand, the teamsters are the same if not worse. You are not doing yourselves any favors by even considering the teamsters.

Focus your energy on getting rid of the twu with AMFA...................

Forget the teamsters, they are the twu with a different name.

The teamsters SCABBED the NWA strike, Hoffa jr. himself flew on NWA in 2005 for more than$200,000. They have lied to us here at CAL, the new UA for the last 14 years. They promised not to organize the ramp..................... guess what, they spent millions organizing the ramp, just to loose them not even a year later to the iam, LOL.

We told them keep your hands off of our pensions, they are still trying to figure out a way how to steal it from us.

2 members in Orlando spoke their minds, the teamsters kicked them out.

The teamsters do not care about our A&P, to them we are just as good as part time meat packers.

Look at the teamsters record with outsourcing of our profession.

SWA for 25 years before AMFA= Everything farmed out
UPS= Everything farmed out
CAL= Everything farmed out
UAL= Gave up on the 20% grievance that was 95% finished and winnable.
Frontier= Everything farmed out
Horizon= Lost half of the work and half of the A&P's not even a year after gaining representation.

You guys will do nobody any good by even giving the teamsters a second thought. They are just as big a company union as is the twu.

They are liars and SCABS.
About half of the teamster higher ups at CAL are verified SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's has to be AMFA or nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very misleading

WN - work was farmed out from day one. IBT never gave anything up as you say. AMFA did however allow 4 lines to be outsourced to El Salvador without a fight.

UPS - again never had heavy overhaul

CAL - farmed everything out back in 1983 and then CAL farmed everything out before the IBT. The IBT actually was involved in bringing all 737 and now 757 work back in house.

UAL - IBT came in after all the airframe work was farmed out, much if it on AMFA's watch.

Frontier - BK is a b&%ch ain't it? NW and UA found that out. Now we will too.

Horizon is a sad story.

AMFA lost 90% of their members in less than a decade. With AMFA you will have nothing.

So Eastern was a success?

WN 'under the IBT' never performed work in-house, "EVER"!
Now WN is performing some maintenance, Is this a bad thing?

Where does the mighty ibt at CO get their maintenance performed?
B) xUT
No EAL was an abject failure. Should have learned from that process. Here we are though fighting all the way through BK expecting a different result.

You are right, WN never did do that much heavy work in house. DAL has always had HC capability. They are adding one line of HC in DAL and four lines of airframe overhaul in El Salvador so AMFA could get the three extension on top of the other three year extension off the original IBT contract. Sending work out of the country in exchange for more money. Nothing like selling out your fellow Americans.

CO has all their 737 and 757 airframe overhaul in house. That is the majority of their fleet. Only the widebodies are done outside.

No EAL was an abject failure. Should have learned from that process. Here we are though fighting all the way through BK expecting a different result.

You are right, WN never did do that much heavy work in house. DAL has always had HC capability. They are adding one line of HC in DAL and four lines of airframe overhaul in El Salvador so AMFA could get the three extension on top of the other three year extension off the original IBT contract. Sending work out of the country in exchange for more money. Nothing like selling out your fellow Americans.

CO has all their 737 and 757 airframe overhaul in house. That is the majority of their fleet. Only the widebodies are done outside.

IMHO, "for unions" the EAL sacrifice (and it was a self sacrifice) performed the best for Airline Workers.
You and I have benefited from the EAL strike for many years.
Many laws changed due to their sacrifice. Lorenzo was banned from aviation (but should have been jailed)!
The teaching from the EAL strike is that to maintain a decent level of humanity must be met with resistance.
I was a 47% er on the UAL M&R contract in BK. Problem is, if you can not stand up on your own two feet, who will?
Wait for the next guy?

CO does not do HMV in-house. Unless you consider a C-Check as HMV. :lol:
There is no significant maintenance, back-shops, etc... at CO.
B) xUT