Steelers/ Panthers Theme Planes

CLT-Douglas

Advanced
Feb 12, 2003
Football season is just around the corner. Any news on when the Steelers and Panthers theme planes will be unveiled? I have seen a rendering for the Steelers plane, but nothing for the Panthers yet. Just curious if anyone has seen a picture. While we are on the subject, what's the schedule look like for the remainder of the fleet that has not been painted in the new scheme yet? Any other theme/heritage paint schemes planned? Thanks

they are probably hoping pit closes before they have to paint the plane

Agreed. I think the Steeler plane is a bad idea anyway. It's like a slap in the face to the city and the team's fans.

"We screwed your airport, your workforce and your passengers, and we've capitalized on your football team's image, too! Ha,ha,ha!"

The THEME airplanes usually draw quite a bit of attention.........not as much as The Infamous Computer B*tch called "SHARES" or the sumptuous entree that answers to Calzone though. Instead of trashing the STEELER heritage and then taking on the PANTHER tradition, THIS Regieme would be better suited to marketing the ARENA League of Football, not the NFL. (Word has it that Marketing has already exceeded their Budget for LIVERIES so time will tell "IF" these a/c ever get rolled out).

Thanks for the update. I trust YOUR information is factual. I really don't have ANY faith in NEWS out of the Ministry of SPIN in Tempe.

A319 AC 733 Steelers livery schedulued into paint 18 Aug.
A319 AC 717 Panthers livery scheduled into paint 27 Aug.

Regards
DC

yes being a ex pittsburgher this is a slap in the face to the city.sorry we feel you don't have o'd traffic as the people out west think ha.like charlotte has more.but here is a plane painted like you're beloved football team too smooth things over.Get lost dp and hid croonies you guts are clue less.

Yeah, next thing you know they will decide that the "Steelers" plane can only support 1/2 of a livery due to the low O/D out of PIT. Maybe they will paint the other half as a Bank of America credit card. Get real Arizona.

yes being a ex pittsburgher this is a slap in the face to the city.sorry we feel you don't have o'd traffic as the people out west think ha.like charlotte has more.but here is a plane painted like you're beloved football team too smooth things over.Get lost dp and hid croonies you guts are clue less.

You know, if PIT was worth all you say it is, someone else would have leaped on the opportunity to start an airline based there, or someone else would have moved in there with a mini hub.

Didn't happen.

Get over it.

Like all the big airlines are in such a healthy state to have done that since the pulldown? C'mon now. The LCC's wouldn't due to where they hub or focus their flights previously. It's all bs but remains what it is.