Stock Clerks

What's the scoop on stock room layoffs and bumping? Has Pit been hit pretty hard by this?

ExUAW,

I've heard that PIT Stores has handed out abolishment paperwork to over 60 Stock Clerks...and April 1 2006 is supposed to be their last day.

I've only heard rumor of a token few electing to bump elsewhere..but who knows what the final count will be?

PIT has been reduced to about 8 ACFT on the RON...and Tons of Materials usually kept in PIT are heading elsewhere.

I hate to see what's taking place in PIT...as PIT has always been a very functional operation in all aspects of this stormy business.

Best of luck to all those impacted by this...and I hope they all come out on top in the end.

i dunno maybe 700 could help this is his specialty. Stock clerks.

Do they get paid the same as a Tech?

i dunno maybe 700 could help this is his specialty. Stock clerks.

Do they get paid the same as a Tech?
700 should stick to his craft... no they don't get paid the same, top about 17 on the east, 12 on the west. that is speculation because we can't get an authentic copy of the contract

I am sure 70 will be on soon to sing the praises of the iam whilemore are laid off, rememver it was the members that voted in the contract.....

Every east mechanic and related have a copy, if you want one get if from the company where we got our copy.

An east stock clerk tops out at $16.50 for a regular and $17.50 for a lead.

Remember the company laysoff not the union. And they are not outsourcing the clerks work.

700, do YOU have comprehension problems... as I and AW have told you many times over...WE CAN NOT GET A COPY FROM THE COMPANY!!! are you that dense??????

Of course the answer is, the company is laying off, not the union... well even to this day you taught how much more superior the iam contract is, yet more people lose their job!!!!

They have added and are adding jobs in CLT.

The company is the party responsible for each employee recieving a copy of the contract.

Hey your local lodge has a copy, now don't they? lol

A lead, assigns, directs and approves the work and is the go between with the regular clerk and the foreman.

if you must know...back last year when the contractual mod's went into place...PIT was scheduled to be reduced by whatever number you now know......however.....there was a move from the PIT ssb building to the repo/hangar area....and after this was accomplished there were expected layoffs/moves.....and it was in the mar/apr time. ;)

What is the total headcount prior to this layoff/bumping? And will the announcement of where the certificate will be held make any difference for those of you in PIT or does that just affect operations?

Thanks Phantom Fixer for your reply. You get the award for the most direct and helpful answer to my honest question. Most everyone else went for each others throat. I thought we got enough of that from the company itself. thanks again, Bob - Clt

ExUAW,

I've heard that PIT Stores has handed out abolishment paperwork to over 60 Stock Clerks...and April 1 2006 is supposed to be their last day.

I've only heard rumor of a token few electing to bump elsewhere..but who knows what the final count will be?

PIT has been reduced to about 8 ACFT on the RON...and Tons of Materials usually kept in PIT are heading elsewhere.

I hate to see what's taking place in PIT...as PIT has always been a very functional operation in all aspects of this stormy business.

Best of luck to all those impacted by this...and I hope they all come out on top in the end.

I my other life I worked there in PIT with MCU and Stores. I am sorry to see this happen to such a great group of people.

If anyone in Pittsburgh is still interested in staying in this line of work please PM me I'll direct you in the right direction over here at WN.

It will require a move to Chicago or Houston our high growth areas right now for Stores.

Some quick notes are we are IBT and start around 13.20 first 6 mos 13.45 next six and top out around 19.70 in 5 years when you top out. There is also stock options.

We use a version of Maxi Merlin called WIZ. So tranistion may be easier than you think.

Good luck

bb