Story About My Ex Foreman

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I have worked many places in my life time U being the longest stretch and I’ll soon be retired from U and thank goodness. I have learned that my ex foreman was one of the victims in yesterday’s cuts. These cuts have been a steady diet since I was hired on. This particular foremen who most on here don’t know or care about was a little different. This guy had real bad “Gerd“ the acid condition of the esophagus, his was caused from worry. He worried about every little thing. Made sure everything that his superiors told him to do was done and done to perfection. He stuck to the rules as if deviation would actually kill him. He kept notes of everything the employees were required to sign and filed them away for proof that he was doing his job exactly how he was directed. I remember his face glowing red at those times when he felt employees were not performing as he thought they should or when employees showed apathy which was most of the time the last several years This guy could have been easily called, Mr. US Airways because he was the most dedicated individual on the property. Some thought him nuts because of this and others like myself liked him and admired his convictions. He was there for many years and survived many cuts until yesterday when they chose to cut off his life line. To him U was like his very being, and now that is gone. I have not spoken to him but do have his number, I knew him well. I will wait a week or two until his has adjusted somewhat and call him. Life goes on without U and this is a fact a lot of you posters like the captain better get through your heads because the day of reckoning is upon everyone. Just like this great foreman, it matters not if you care or don’t care, you are in the sights of this ruthless no good bunch of liars crooks and thieves, and poor excuses of the human race put in charge of so many innocent people. Evil comes to mind because what I see is not good.

Good post Cavalier,

It's amazing how there are, ( far and between sometimes) people like your ex foreman who really dedicated themselves to their jobs and to the USAirways. Taking pride in their work and their company. Bravo to him ( and you) for your years of service of caring.

It is sickening to see how a bunch of arragant, money hungery executives come and go ( with lots of money no less) and give back absolutely no loyalty to the employees on whose shoulders they stand on.

You and I both know that in today society and workplae, there is no more loyalty between employees and employers. The last of it went away with the Enron crisis and frankly I am not sure we will ever see that again in our lifetime.

Cavalier, don't wait a week or two. Call him as soon as possible. This is a time when a person like him needs to know that he is being thought of. It could help to make the transition a little easier.

The reason I say this, is because of the MANY stories I have heard in the past about retirement or furloughed one day and dead the next week ( due to different circumstances) I know if it were me... I would welcome the call.

Good luck Cav and Thank you for all your hard work and honesty!

HAHA the CAV is back I told you he couldnt stay away SO FUNNY haha

Not only that long ago he said he wasn't working at Usairways but he is!!!!!

Are you usa320pilot too?

Nice post, but unfortunatly, USAIRWAYS isnt alone. This is the new AIRLINE INDUSTRY. Its unfortunate, that some good men and women are gonna be let go, however there over 30,000 left hopeful that with these cuts, their jobs will be saved. Its reality folks, not pretty, but reality. CAV good luck to your foreman

usairways_vote_NO said:
HAHA the CAV is back I told you he couldnt stay away SO FUNNY haha

Not only that long ago he said he wasn't working at Usairways but he is!!!!!

Are you usa320pilot too?
[post="190782"][/post]​
These boards are fantasy '"except" the fact people are getting fried daily by a bunch of Sob’s.

If you take anything "real" serious on here, than here is what you do...

call "EAS" ASAP at 1-800-872-4711

cavalier said:
These boards are fantasy '"except" the fact people are getting fried daily by a bunch of Sob’s.

If you take anything "real" serious on here, than here is what you do...

call "EAS" ASAP at 1-800-872-4711
[post="190790"][/post]​

I get it now you fantasized you had left the boards and USAirways lol

usairways_vote_NO said:
I get it now you fantasized you had left the boards and USAirways lol
[post="190791"][/post]​

Unlike the majority on here I "did" something except b-i-t-c-h, I retired. It now takes three months to retire, doesn't happen overnight. Coming to these boards is a like a refuge for some, other are curious but too damn many are way too serious. Look at what the first response implied, people are killing themselves, and for what, U? Give me a break! U's not worth dying for and very few things are. If you don't like my antics, then go away beucase I personally couldn't care any less than I already do.

I have used different screen names and the reaction shows a psychic that is way too serious for ones health. The great days at U are gone and 'if" U somehow makes it, most people will not recognize what has emerged from the ashes. Screaming at each other when the blame is squarely on the shoulders of a very poor history of management is ridiculous. The captain on here preaching at everyone is also very ridiculous and scary at the same time.

If one uses these boards for anything more than venting, they are in trouble.

Cav

You are frighteningly correct. Too many on this board put forth way too much energy on here and take it way too seriously. It is not a life or death situation unless in your mind you make it so. It is a J-O-B period and you are right...it is not worth making yourself sick over or killing yourself over. Reading this topic made me sick to think that the management of US have brought the employees of this company to the point of believing it is worth making yourself sick or killing yourself. It's a real shame!

bobcat said:
Cav

You are frighteningly correct. Too many on this board put forth way too much energy on here and take it way too seriously. It is not a life or death situation unless in your mind you make it so. It is a J-O-B period and you are right...it is not worth making yourself sick over or killing yourself over. Reading this topic made me sick to think that the management of US have brought the employees of this company to the point of believing it is worth making yourself sick or killing yourself. It's a real shame!
[post="190826"][/post]​

I agree bob and you know what I think Cav takes it more serious then anyone else on here except USA320PILOT , unless, of course, one and the same!!!
What a joke.

Hey Bob its funny how you did the J-O-B spell thing the same way Cav did the B-I-T-C-H thing...hmmmm may look back at all those posts...naw could it be? lol agreeing with self?

usairways_vote_NO said:
I agree bob and you know what I think Cav takes it more serious then anyone else on here except USA320PILOT , unless, of course, one and the same!!!
What a joke.

Hey Bob its funny how you did the J-O-B spell thing the same way Cav did the B-I-T-C-H thing...hmmmm may look back at all those posts...naw could it be? lol agreeing with self?
[post="190828"][/post]​

The difference between you and I… I don't give a rat's behind, not in the least, and never did. You are becoming obsessed with "me". I am good at playing with people’s mind, and I have yours.

The game has ended, it's no longer fun.....

Like this topic points out, giving a s--t doesn’t matter, and neither do these boards in my “realâ€￾ life.

At this point in the day, I'm up way too late....had dental work performed, can't sleep. You, sir are a typical FOOL of these boards!! As Cav said, some people CHOSE to move on, others chose to "ride it out", and "close it down". That's your choice. It's amazing how 320's name comes up in posts!!!(as you did earlier). That guy really gets to so many of you!!! Its's actually amusing to see certain people get so riled up by ONE person!!!! Like I have said before, I have seen his posts that some can construe as "one sided".....BUT!!!!!....The FACT remains, he has been MORE RIGHT THAN WRONG!!!! With that said, as Cav put so well, I too have a neighbor that was "whacked" yesterday. Yes, he was management, but....he went to work EVERYDAY, and gave his all. We talked many times,having a few barley pops....He was not one to "badmouth the unions"....Was he totally 100% union??? NO...But in his position, he understood the fact that we as unions, determined their raises!! He hunts , fishes, raises a family, not on the 6 figure income thats some ####oles on these boards thinks they are "management", they make too much, mentality. He is you, and me, just NOT UNION!!!! This freaking "STEEL MILL" mentality of certain posters' continues to amaze me!!! Thats why I for one, am so HAPPY to announce that I will soon be able to say I am a FREE MAN!!!! No longer constrained by the will of others to decide my destiny. Some may say...good luck!...Others may say, good riidance. Thats your choice. To those who may be thinking, good riddance, I say to you..........GOOD LUCK!!!! I did something to change MY situation!! I'll be here for a few more weeks, when the time comes, will wish my regular debators good luck. As to all who choose to stay, I truly hope all works out!! GOOD DAY!!!!!

cavalier said:
The difference between you and I… I don't give a rat's behind, not in the least, and never did. You are becoming obsessed with "me". I am good at playing with people’s mind, and I have yours.

The game has ended, it's no longer fun.....

Like this topic points out, giving a s--t doesn’t matter, and neither do these boards in my “realâ€￾ life.
[post="190831"][/post]​

Wrong again Cav baby I got your goat and you know it thats why you keep saying you gonna ignore me. But you can't you want that last word and I won't give it to you!!! lol nope I am the one that don't care as previously I told you per PM. You are way to fun don't quit now using lame excuse not fun. HAHA what a joke, better to walk away tail between legs Cav baby