Strange Inventory Question

deelmakur

Advanced
Aug 26, 2002
Even though I'm US1, I used a 20,000 mile award to guarantee an upgrade on a trip which skirts the Thanksgiving holiday. In spite of that, I cannot get an F seat on the Saturday before Thanksgiving (11/22). Closer examination shows no G inventory on any Florida flights that day. There are also no bookings in the front cabin on these flights (I have pulled seat maps, and all seats are available for assignment), so it's not a case of heavy demand. At first, I thought it was a holiday thing, but no such restriction is made on the day before Thanksgiving, or the weekend after, all much heavier travel days. I asked Consumer Affairs if they could help. No dice. Anybody know what gives?

It's not just my flight. Everything that day into Florida, 321's, 733/734, etc.

Maybe Dave & Co are taking all of U's highly prized executives on a Florida Vacation!!!!!!! He may have put a call in to Ben B. to block all the F/C seats that week. Sort of a bonus for s......... the employees all year. Its just natural they all fly up front....who cares about the paying passengers!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Saw an email at work today that (roughly) said booking code changes will be forthcoming to mesh into star's codes. Supposed to happen in 6 phases with envoy/first being some of the first. Maybe this is part of it? Seems like we just did this for UA.

INVOL