Strongest REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVE debating point,.."Yeah BUT " !!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just for 'chits and giggles', keep track of how your Republican/Conservative acquaintances use this (FAILED) debating tactic.

For Example(s) ;

(you) "Judge Roy DIDDLER lost the senate race in Alabama because of Pedophilia " !!!

(them) " YEAH, BUT ......'Bill Clinton' got a BJ in the WH."

(you) " MIKE FLYNN pleaded GUILTY to lying to Congress !!! "
(them) " YEAH, BUT.....Al Franken sexually harassed someone . "

(you) " The new tax overhaul bill is proven it will raise the deficit greatly !!! "
(them) " YEAH, BUT...Liberals want women's contraception always paid for by insurance companies. "

I'm surmising that this thread will be interesting.

Surely you're not forgetting, "Yeah, but Hillary _________." (Fill in the blank with the FAUX News/Breitbart charge of the day). That will get you a team captain position in the Oxford University Debate Society. The topic can be the weather, the crops, or the fact that Trump didn't send a birthday present to the Kim Jong Un. You can still blame Hillary for whatever happened. It's the one argument that does not require any connection whatsoever to the topic at hand.

Surely you're not forgetting, "Yeah, but Hillary _________." (Fill in the blank with the FAUX News/Breitbart charge of the day). That will get you a team captain position in the Oxford University Debate Society. The topic can be the weather, the crops, or the fact that Trump didn't send a birthday present to the Kim Jong Un. You can still blame Hillary for whatever happened. It's the one argument that does not require any connection whatsoever to the topic at hand.
Why would anyone bring up Hillary? She's a national joke.
trump1b.jpg

Heh. Democrats are now worried about deficits... ;)

Bears, you can donate your tax savings to Planned Parenthood or wherever you want. Oh, wait. You're retired. You don't get savings. Sucks to be you.

Mine is going is being turned into an increase on my 401K deductions...

Bears, you can donate your tax savings to Planned Parenthood or wherever you want. Oh, wait. You're retired. You don't get savings. Sucks to be you.

I was worried about the deficit back when we were waging two wars we couldn't afford AND got a tax cut to boot. Republicans didn't care about it back then...take a look at my join date.

As for your 401K....will you put it into the "tremendous" stock market that is at "record highs"? I dunno....I'm just a dumb liberal, but "buy high, sell low" doesn't sound like the formula for a successful retirement plan.

Oh, I'm sure that E's 401K will grow to the point that he will be looking at villas in the South of France. And, all from the tax cut he thinks he's going to get from Dear Leader. I find that level of naivete refreshing in someone his age.

Oh, I'm sure that E's 401K will grow to the point that he will be looking at villas in the South of France. And, all from the tax cut he thinks he's going to get from Dear Leader. I find that level of naivete refreshing in someone his age.

About the same as Charlie Rangel and his taxpayer funded villa?

E says, " It sucks to be you " Bears.
(Lets see, now)

E says, " Your retired ".
(Bear says) " He He He, silly boy " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E says, "You don't get savings ( $$$$$ )
Bear says " I'm 'lining-up' my NEXT 6 figure WORK COMP Case " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And furthermore ," TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS 'DON'T' WORK " !!!!!!!!!!!

Just for 'chits and giggles', keep track of how your Republican/Conservative acquaintances use this (FAILED) debating tactic.

For Example(s) ;

(you) "Judge Roy DIDDLER lost the senate race in Alabama because of Pedophilia " !!!

(them) " YEAH, BUT ......'Bill Clinton' got a BJ in the WH."

(you) " MIKE FLYNN pleaded GUILTY to lying to Congress !!! "
(them) " YEAH, BUT.....Al Franken sexually harassed someone . "

(you) " The new tax overhaul bill is proven it will raise the deficit greatly !!! "
(them) " YEAH, BUT...Liberals want women's contraception always paid for by insurance companies. "

I'm surmising that this thread will be interesting.

Just popped in to check if anything changed and" NOPE", nothing has changed!

Funny how you never b!tched, not once, about the deficit under your Announced One.... Hypocrite!

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone, as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!

Just popped in to check if anything changed and" NOPE", nothing has changed!

Funny how you never b!tched, not once, about the deficit under your Announced One.... Hypocrite!

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone, as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!
That debt thing IS funny. Back in 2003, when we waged a war we couldn't afford while we were already engaged in a war we couldn't afford (after a tax cut in 2001), we got another tax cut in 2005 and Darth Cheney said "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter". And indeed they didn't...at least not to the republican faithful. Then a black democrat got elected and inherited a pretty fair chunk of debt, although many believe that Obama was responsible for ALL of it. They also overlooked that he also inherited ongoing military expenses from the war we couldnt' afford, which made up part of "the largest increase in debt than all previous presidents combined". So yep....Obama ran that debt up....and Lordy, Lordy Lordy did the republicans ever let us know about it. Doom and gloom for our children and our children's children.

Then...the dear leader got elected and promised some big juicy tax cuts as a Christmas present. The bulk of it benefited corporations and the wealthy, but they DID toss a crumb to the middle class to make them feel like they were part of the team. And this will add a trillion and a half dollars to the already historic debt. But somehow the words of Darth are coming back "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter". Or the even lamer "I'll worry about it if Trump doubles it like Obama did". And it seems to me that if the debt from 2009 thru 2016 was a threat to our children and our children's children, adding a trillion and a half ain't helping their future. So looking at that, I have to wonder who the real hypocrites are.

For the record, I was questioning the debt as far back as when I first joined this board in 2002. I felt that once we were attacked on 9/11, we were at war, and the tax cut in 2001 should have been rescinded. I opposed invading Iraq in 2003 for two reasons - Iraq did nothing to us, and we couldn't afford it. I was called an America hating terrorist supporter. And I said that we couldn't afford a tax cut in 2005 while we were engaged in two wars we couldn't afford. After almost 10 years of bringing up the issue of spending money we didn't have....only to be met by conservatives DEFENDING that debt - I kind of figured that debt didn't matter. So why bother arguing about the debt under Obama...y'all showed you didn't give a rats patoot about debt prior to 2009.

CBS News:

But next November, if the economy is growing, big employers are expanding and workers are feeling more weight in their wallets, Democrats may be wishing they had found a way to get past Trump and support a tax-reform compromise.