Stuff going on in this company..

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
Ok, I can't express to you has disappointed I have. Without actually being in our department and getting used to a certain "way of doing things" it seems like the company is trying to turn Vacations more and more into reservations.

Now, the fact that we are being removed from our building and placed in the reservations center has me concerned. In all actuallity, we are being placed in a smaller area. No room for growth at all. The drive went from 10 miles each way to about 16 miles each way. 20 miles vs 32 miles round trip, you do the math with today's gas prices.

We won't have a locked door that seperated us from other people. Parking will be crappy. We get covered parking where we are now. Will we have it when they pluck us from our building? Hell no.

Please. The company spends thousands of dollars to renovate our break room. Did they get their money's worth? I hope so.

The way I've seen it, people believe this is one step closer to shutting down vacations.. because of United. They'll probably outsource everything to Mark Travel again.

Just make sure that no one from UA asks to borrow your stapler.

lq0f6enx6f.jpg

This move has nothing to do with a merger and was long in the works.
The Res center building was shared with the county Tax office they vacated freeing up space. It makes sense for vacations to be in the same building. Another group is moving into your space at 52nd so that is not going un-used. Over the years I have worked with many people who had left vacations and one of their big complaints is they said it never felt like being part of the Airline (at one time is was a spin off company), so this move should eliminate that issue.

While I feel for you, looks like you've had it pretty good. Try working at the airport & having to ride the....bus & needing to leave home 1/2 hour to 45 min early & then waiting for lord knows how long on a bus after your shift only to have 2 full ones pass.

Awwww, I am sorry that you will have to drive an extra couple of miles round trip each day. With the cost of gas that will add up by the end of the month.

As for the rest of your post, change happens and it is best to just roll with it and not worry about the "what ifs".

Or to take it even one step further think about those who have to drive 80+ miles, and have a crashpad away from their familes a few days a week. You don't have it all that bad, and many here would trade places with you in a sceond...

Everyone (except the Office space guy) has some very valid points. I guess sometimes we don't always look to see the positive.

I'm just a little sad, that's all. We are losing so many of our freedoms.. like locked drawars.. our own desks.. etc. It just feels like I'm losing a lot.

I hate to be a complainer. I've just been a little bit down about everything lately.. I love working here, like I've always said. :)

I guess I'll have to experience the move before I can really complain, it may be for the better.. or it may not. It's too early to tell, because so far it's one sided. (Only have experienced before the move..)

Thank you for all of your comments. That part about United is just based on fear.. if it happens, we're just afraid of what would happen.. I'm sure everyone feels that way.. "Am I the one to go?" if they lay people off..

Everyone (except the Office space guy) has some very valid points. I guess sometimes we don't always look to see the positive.

I'm just a little sad, that's all. We are losing so many of our freedoms.. like locked drawars.. our own desks.. etc. It just feels like I'm losing a lot.

I hate to be a complainer. I've just been a little bit down about everything lately.. I love working here, like I've always said. :)

I guess I'll have to experience the move before I can really complain, it may be for the better.. or it may not. It's too early to tell, because so far it's one sided. (Only have experienced before the move..)

Thank you for all of your comments. That part about United is just based on fear.. if it happens, we're just afraid of what would happen.. I'm sure everyone feels that way.. "Am I the one to go?" if they lay people off..

lol...That's nothing compared to what the FA's and Pilots have lost. Consider yourself lucky.

This has got to be a joke, right? Oil is at a jillion dollars a gallon. The economy is in the tank. Airlines, some of which have been around for ages, some not, are going out of business or are in deep doo doo. I won't even get started on the state of the world, except a brief mention of things like the Middle East, Myanmar & Darfur.

Are you actually complaining about losing a locked drawar[sic]?

I'm not at all trying to make this a personal attack. But examine your posts here in the grand scheme of things and do a brief reality check, please.

This has got to be a joke, right? Oil is at a jillion dollars a gallon. The economy is in the tank. Airlines, some of which have been around for ages, some not, are going out of business or are in deep doo doo. I won't even get started on the state of the world, except a brief mention of things like the Middle East, Myanmar & Darfur.

Are you actually complaining about losing a locked drawar[sic]?

I'm not at all trying to make this a personal attack. But examine your posts here in the grand scheme of things and do a brief reality check, please.

Well.. I was only stating small examples. I could list more but there's no reason to.. ya know? Little things add up.. sorry if you're used to your way, but there are things that are the "norm" for some of us. I've given up a lot by working at US Airways.. pay, my own office, trust and respect from my boss.. I worked for a supervisor that selectively decided each day who he'd harrass. NO JOKE.

Losses:

* Covered Parking space
* Our own entrance
* Our own desk / workstation
* Our own area to keep our work items. Yes I kept brochures / work documents in my LOCKED drawer.
* Travel expense
* Sense of NOT being "Res".. we are being turned into Res.

You may ask what's the big deal.. you don't work for the department.. sure, your workgroup goes through their own problems. Our management turning us more and more into Res just really.. I don't know.. stinks. No offense to Res, but what freedoms do you enjoy? Here's what we'll GAIN at Res center:

* Camera scrutiny
* Lockers
* Parking (I WORK 1:30pm shift..) that will be nonexistant!
* Smaller breakroom (hah, like I really care about the breakroom..)

OH, and is it true Res building has all sorts of problems?

Latest posts