Stupid Mechanics

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Check out the FSC agreement compared to the mechanics.

Fleet service would be down to 5 sick days per year BUT ALL AT 100% pay.
------------------------Mechanics 50% for the first 2.

Fleet Service vacation cap reduced to 5 weeks.
------------------------Mechanics each lose a week no matter what they have.

MAINTENANCE CAN''T EVEN KEEP UP WITH FLEET SERVICE ON THESE ISSUES.

IF THERE EVER IS A TIME TO CHANGE REPRESENTATION, THAT TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, the first proposal had cabin service GONE! Guess what, they,re not gone anymore! So maintenance will be losing 1100 jobs, mostly in Tulsa due the combining of "systems and structure" departments. Does this seem fair that one work group was sacrificed while another was saved? In the mean time, fleet service has, is and will continue to work overtime while maintenance has a ban on OT.

FAMIKEY:

The mechanics initial stance was to get these savings throiugh layoffs, plain and simple. It would have costed maintenance around 3000 jobs to arrive at those numbers. We say contract out overhaul work, reduce the ranks but keep every goddamn benefit we have ever gained!

Your still makin more money than last contract.Fleet service is back at our top out from last contract. Plus were farming out work. Thats a reason to vote no.

FAMIKEY: As a line mechanic, I can speak for most of my line colleagues, we couldn't give a rat's ass about the overhaul bases. Tulsa, prior to 9/11 always had an unlimited overtime budget. It was not unusual for a mechanic to make $120,000.00 per year before the last raise. they "had" theirs and always told us if we wanted in on that action, we should move to Tulsa. So, in return, they have given a rat's ass about us. We say now: Contract out what they need to contract out. Flight crews and cabin crew don't have the structure and subsequent problems maintenance has. A majority of the mechanics are based in TULSA, a relatively cheap place to live. And now their numbers have grown to include MCI and STL, more relatively cheap places to live.

WOW $120,000!!! that sounds more like HOPEFUL than reality. I know a lot of topped out mechanics in Tulsa who worked a lot of overtime but I never have heard of anyone making that kind of money. Sounds like one of those legendary guys that we hear about but no one actually knows. I think I heard of a guy who made over $110,000 but that may have been just a story too. I''m sure I know of someone who made $105,000 though. Well, now that I think of it he kind of exaggerates a little. O well, I''m voting no so we can just ship the work all out and I can keep my pay and benefits.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 8:07:29 PM Plane Paper Facts wrote:

WOW $120,000!!! that sounds more like HOPEFUL than reality. I know a lot of topped out mechanics in Tulsa who worked a lot of overtime but I never have heard of anyone making that kind of money. Sounds like one of those legendary guys that we hear about but no one actually knows. I think I heard of a guy who made over $110,000 but that may have been just a story too. I''m sure I know of someone who made $105,000 though. Well, now that I think of it he kind of exaggerates a little. O well, I''m voting no so we can just ship the work all out and I can keep my pay and benefits.

----------------​

HEY "FACTS",
I know a SH** load of FSC"s who make $100"LARGE" every year.

(Suggestion), It''s a good Idea to know your "FACTS"

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:02:53 AM Hopeful wrote:

FAMIKEY: As a line mechanic, I can speak for most of my line colleagues, we couldn''t give a rat''s ass about the overhaul bases. Tulsa, prior to 9/11 always had an unlimited overtime budget. It was not unusual for a mechanic to make $120,000.00 per year before the last raise. they "had" theirs and always told us if we wanted in on that action, we should move to Tulsa. So, in return, they have given a rat''s ass about us. We say now: Contract out what they need to contract out. Flight crews and cabin crew don''t have the structure and subsequent problems maintenance has. A majority of the mechanics are based in TULSA, a relatively cheap place to live. And now their numbers have grown to include MCI and STL, more relatively cheap places to live.

----------------​

Hopeful,
AMEN (my) BROTHER, "AMEN" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO, that was your BEST post, since you''ve been here.

THE "GD" $$SAVINGS should have come from DOWNSIZING.
" P E R I O D " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

Facts are this statement---"It was not unusual for a mechanic to make $120,000.00 per year before the last raise."---simply isnt true.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 11:28:20 PM j7915 wrote:

Maybe those highly unskilled FSC have better negotiating skills?

----------------​
Maybe someone invested in stock and was offered an APPOINTED position to sell us all out?

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:02:53 AM Hopeful wrote:

We say now: Contract out what they need to contract out.

----------------​

OK, Lets start with the perpetualy underperforming JFK! I''m sure Delta would jump at the chance to pick up this work and AA would be getting their planes ON TIME!!!!