Sully lands $3 million book deal with Harper Collins

FANTASTIC for Sully---now he can tell this bunch of NAYBOBS where to go---of course he won't---hope the other crewmembers get their deals.

---hope the other crewmembers get their deals.

I agree that Sully deserves this. But I doubt the other crewmembers will "get their deals." I fully realize that each individual is entitled to the dignity and respect that humans should command, but if you watch the media coverage of this, they are particularly interested in Sully. Had Sully not been the consummate gentleman that he is, and insist at every turn that the crew be included in the accolades, I really think the media would have mostly ignored them.

And I think the book publishers will be hesitant to pay big fees to the crew and rescuers for what they, the publishers, will perceive as "also ran" stories, forever in the shadow of Sully's tomes.

I hope I'm wrong, but the media is about the money.

I think it's fantastic. Good for Sully. I think the gals in the back can hope for a Lifetime Movie at best. Sad but true. I'm not trying to downplay what they did but it's been done before. As for what Sully did, well nothing quite like it has been seen. Still a miracle that he got it down. :up: I'm quite sure Sully will have a bit to say about his f/o and the crew in back.

Excellent news! At least one US pilot has recovered the value of his terminated pension. I pray that no similar event ever occurs that would allow the rest of them to recover the value of their terminated pensions.

Yes... there is a company in this world that know's the value of an experienced pilot.

I'm guessing he might not come back to active duty now that he has to write a book. And from the way he does thing I bet he will write it himself not going the ghost writer route.

FANTASTIC for Sully---now he can tell this bunch of NAYBOBS where to go---of course he won't---hope the other crewmembers get their deals.
He will get so much more than that, it is only an advance. I am sure the other crewmembers will be compensated as well but remember, it is more about the lives that were saved than the dollars that resulted. I hope I never see a bitter word pushed his direction. Human life is priceless. I wonder if he reads this forum? Never thought of that before.

At any rate good for him, good for US.

its so nice to read good things and I too congratulate him. However I agree the media was not interested in anyone but the captain. Sully was a gentleman and an officer. He never took all the credit but the media gave it to him.

Sully's crew have a shot at some scratch when the movie comes out after the book deal. Hollywood scours the galleys for good stories to convert into screenplays, and this one flies right into Dreamwork's lap. Look for the crew in the movie "1549".

its so nice to read good things and I too congratulate him. However I agree the media was not interested in anyone but the captain. Sully was a gentleman and an officer. He never took all the credit but the media gave it to him.

Well, this will ruffle a lot of feathers, probably make a lot of people angry but it needs to be said:

Sully did what very few have ever done; he landed a jetliner on a river without it cartwheeling or breaking up on impact. THAT is somewhat unique. Al Haynes was lauded as a hero even though his disabled DC-10 cartwheeled and 121 souls perished. Nobody died and nobody was even critically injured on 1549. Not the result most armchair pilots would have predicted.

1549's outcome is practically unparalleled. No wonder so many are obsessed with him.

The flight attendants? They helped evacuate an intact airplane. THAT's been done thousands of times. Nothing all that out of the ordinary there. And maybe the chanting flight attendants made a difference - but maybe the passengers would have climbed on the wings without them. Perhaps that's why the media isn't all that interested in the flight attendants' experience that day.

Someday there will be an aviation disaster where it will be evident that the flight attendants made a difference between life and lots of death. 1549 doesn't appear to be that flight. So their day isn't very interesting.

Sully's been very gracious in trying to deflect some of the hero worship to the other four members of the crew.

3 M huh, thats all...mmmm sounds like he hired a union rep to be his manager...I figured he deserved about 20M but would get about 6M minimum for the book...

Latest posts