Sully was the lead story on tonights TMZ !

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
I seldom watch TMZ but was surprised that tonights lead story was a brief encounter with Sully in DCA a few days ago, and he was his usual Sully. The TMZ crew really seems crazy about him and IMO you just can't buy this kind of publicity, and since I have not seen or heard of a USAirways commercial in a quite a while I guess this is the next best thing, here it is.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&am...b8-ff6801557def

Thanks Sully,

LGA777

As far as I know, he didn't retire. He did say in the TMZ interview that he was looking forward to getting back to flying soon. I do recall him saying that he was having some issues with getting back into the seat after what took place, and that is very understandable. I'm sure at this point he would prefer to be left alone instead of being interviewed everytime he steps out of his house. He is without a doubt a true hero, but would like to have a bit of privacy in his life again at this point. I hope that is back on the job soon. I remember that the Capt of the UA DC-10 went back to flying for a few years before retiring as well.