Suspension of Travel Privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
Someone asked me to post this....why would a message appear that says "TRAVEL PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED" when you attempt to logon to the ETC? What could be a reason for suspension?

Thanks.

Someone asked me to post this....why would a message appear that says "TRAVEL PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED" when you attempt to logon to the ETC? What could be a reason for suspension?

Thanks.

Possible reasons:

1. Our fabulously reliable IT department has made an error.

2. Dependent student forgot to verify full-time student status.

3. Certain leaves of absences.

4. Abuse of travel priviledges.

5. On "vacation" due to dependability.

6. Employee removed dependent from travel pass, i.e. divorce.

7. Termination.

go back to your cube before a box of powdered creamer falls on you!

Thanks.
Well take one look at the ETC. It will ask you for your travel ID number. If you put in the new number the east employees have recently received it responds invalid number. We still have to put in the OLD NUMBER for the thing to work. Yet another Fine IT job by Tempe. The Cheaper the Better. I think that should be the Airlines new motto.

Apparently, something has been changed in the logon part.

Used to be you'd just put your travel card/employee ID number in to log on to the ETC (after logging onto the Hub).

The last couple of months, it's asked for a repeat of the Hub logon (at least it has for me) instead of my travel card number. That was as recently as last night.

Just tried it and it's asking for my travel card number again but doesn't recognize it.

So something has definitely changed.

Jim

8. The use of ketamine.

Now THAT was funny!! :lol: :lol:

Apparently, something has been changed in the logon part.

Used to be you'd just put your travel card/employee ID number in to log on to the ETC (after logging onto the Hub).

The last couple of months, it's asked for a repeat of the Hub logon (at least it has for me) instead of my travel card number. That was as recently as last night.

Just tried it and it's asking for my travel card number again but doesn't recognize it.

So something has definitely changed.

Jim

Just tried and got on with no problem, but I also won $10 on a slot maching last night. :p

My problem may be just mine then. Like I said, after I got my retiree travel card (0XXXXXusXXXXX) the ETC would ask for that to sign in, just as it had my ID number. A couple of weeks later (early Dec) it started popping up the Hub sign-in box. So I just used the Hub sign-in (u0XXXXX and password) and that worked thru last night. Now it's asking for my travel card number again (0XXXXXusXXXXX) but won't accept it, though it worked back when I first got it.

Time for an e-mail to the pass bureau I guess.

Jim

Yeah, hopefully you'll get that resolved. I booked eight buddy passes the end of January without any trouble. I'm looking to book three more for DCA-FCO. The charge was $272.50 R/T. Is that pricey or can my friends get a cheaper ticket some other way?

My problem may be just mine then. Like I said, after I got my retiree travel card (0XXXXXusXXXXX) the ETC would ask for that to sign in, just as it had my ID number. A couple of weeks later (early Dec) it started popping up the Hub sign-in box. So I just used the Hub sign-in (u0XXXXX and password) and that worked thru last night. Now it's asking for my travel card number again (0XXXXXusXXXXX) but won't accept it, though it worked back when I first got it.

Time for an e-mail to the pass bureau I guess.

Jim
Jim,
I know what you are saying. Sometimes when I put in my emp# (XXXXXusXXXXX), it takes me back to the Hub sign in, and after I sign in again, it works. Sometimes, it does not do this and goes to the ETC and all is fine. I just tried it and all is fine. Maybe they fixed something?? :huh:

It's pricey but it's all taxes/fees/pfc's so it'd be added to the base fare on a regular ticket anyway. The question, as always, is how much extra is it worth to have a confirmed seat? If you're booking off-season well ahead you might get something for close to double that.

Jim

Yeah, hopefully you'll get that resolved. I booked eight buddy passes the end of January without any trouble. I'm looking to book three more for DCA-FCO. The charge was $272.50 R/T. Is that pricey or can my friends get a cheaper ticket some other way?
That's pretty cheap, but just watch for the weight restrictions leaving FCO. I have been burned twice, with plenty of seats open, and had to fly to FRA. :angry:

:down: Don't blame the IT department for this one. They did a fine job making booking nonrev travel online. At least you don't have to call someone to book it.

:down: All the negativity flow. Stop feeling so damn depressed. You have behavioral health insurance, GO SEE A SHRINK IF YOU FEEL SO DEPRESSED.

:down: Your travel privaleges being suspended. This happened to a friend right before they announced his firing.

:up: Keep up the good work, ask pass bureau what's going on. Hopefully it's nothing, just a mistake, and you move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.