SWA giving up slots to ALK at new Paine Field

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
I was disappointed to read that we were giving up on the Paine Field passenger services. I think it is a great idea for a secondary to Sea Tac, just like here at Love Field to DFW.
Not sure of the real reason either, but it very well could be to focus more on the 2019 Hawaii expansion as well as a little pay back to ALK for the 20 something slots at JFK and Wash.
Could it also be a key movement in a possible future merger with ALK and SWA? Not really sure, but seems odd on the recent non-competitive agreements made between SWA and ALK. Also wondering if we will see any future agreements with these two here at Love Field...

Why Southwest Airlines transferred its five landing slots at Paine Field to Alaska Airlines

Well, if it's any consolation...I'm at a friend's home in Honolulu this week. He (and evidently everyone else) anxiously awaits the beginning of SWA service to and between the Hawaiian Islands. They are particularly excited about the prospect of SWA offering the inter-island service.

So start packing. Don't bother bringing that grass skirt you bought at Wal-Mart. They have the real thing here.:D

Well, if it's any consolation...I'm at a friend's home in Honolulu this week. He (and evidently everyone else) anxiously awaits the beginning of SWA service to and between the Hawaiian Islands. They are particularly excited about the prospect of SWA offering the inter-island service.

So start packing. Don't bother bringing that grass skirt you bought at Wal-Mart. They have the real thing here.:D
Look for an announcement before end of 2018. I think I read somewhere that SWA wants to start selling tickets in 2018, but we will see. Enjoy your Hawaii stay. Although we hit in the 70's this past week it has been a bit cooler than normal for Nov. Send out some pics if ya can...