Taesl Being Spun Off?

Oct 9, 2003
Rumors are running rampant that AMR is about to split TAESL off from AA. I have also heard that they will not be recalling anybody from the layoff list to fill the mechanic jobs that TAESL will be needing. The rumor is that they will hire new hires off the streets to fill these vacancies. Can anyone out there confirm or deny these rumors?

Please show us any documents to substantiate your rumor?

Also; How are you doing with the triple seven from United in the AA hanger at AFW?

Checking it Out said:
Also; How are you doing with the triple seven from United in the AA hanger at AFW?
[post="227374"][/post]​

AGAIN THAT AIRCRAFT IS LEASE RETURN NO LONGER LEASED BY UNITED!!!!!!!!! :shock: Get your facts straight dumbazz

Checking it Out said:

[post="227374"][/post]​
Wasnt Delta doing AA 727s a while back?

Bob Owens said:
Wasnt Delta doing AA 727s a while back?
[post="227383"][/post]​
yes bob your absolutely right on that one it was in 1993 the same year i was laid off at AA, not only did they farm out work to DELTA my beloved TWU UNION BROTHERS worked MEGA O.T. while 900 of us mechanics were on the street. TULSA would sell your a$$ in a heart beat just to save their job! you should come visit this place Bob, its bib-overalls, puss guts, with cope juice rolling down their chins. as long as the dodge ram 4 by 4, bass boat, and double wide payments are made life is GRAND..........YEEEE HAWWW :lol:

Well CIO, where's your documents to disprove it? Doug Cribbes has made it well known that he wants to bring people in at lower wages and NO licenses to compete with sweatshops like the IAM represented Dallas Airomotive. I have personally heard him make statements like this. Apparently,there was a meeting with Taesl mechanics and Taesl wants them to start wearing uniforms. From what I heard there was NO AA logo anywhere to be found on these new uniforms. Sounds like the good old days at Braniff, I mean DALFORT, all over again!

Checking it Out said:

[post="227374"][/post]​

Your own American Airlines MD-80 and 757 Lease returns C-Checks have been accomplished by NON-Union MRO's and you know it and it has been proven with documentation.

You have alot of damn nerve, making and issue out of the UAL 777 lease returns at AFW.

AGAIN...

WHY WONT YOU HOLD YOUR OWN CURRENT UNION TO THE SAME STANDARD YOU WISH TO HOLD AMFA?

ANSWER THAT ONE FOR ONCE, WILL YA?

So it is alright to watch an organization you are promoting outsource in mass numbers of work and members!

If you get involved, you will find out the TWU is actively involved in preserving our work.

Amfa wannabees, I don't believe you have room to talk when all you do is tear down our profession. Losers are still losers all YOU have to do is look in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:

[post="227374"][/post]​

OK boys and girls who work in the aviation industry, once again how do we spell Hangar? You know that big garage that we park airplanes inside. Or is it that metal triangular shaped thing of a ma jig that we hang our clothes on...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1AA said:
OK boys and girls who work in the aviation industry, once again how do we spell Hangar? You know that big garage that we park airplanes inside. Or is it that metal triangular shaped thing of a ma jig that we hang our clothes on...
[post="227493"][/post]​
well here in Tulsa some refer to the Hangar as "The Barn" :blink: can't Imagine why :lol:

1AA said:
OK boys and girls, who work in the aviation industry, once again, how do we spell hangar? You know, that big garage that we park airplanes inside. Or is it that metal triangular shaped thing of a ma jig that we hang our clothes on...
[post="227493"][/post]​

CIO, Using your logic, why did the TWU allow Sabertech in Amarillo to work on our DC-10's when AA retired them a few years back? :shock:

The word HANGAR comes from a French word for "CATTLE PEN"

Checking it Out said:
So it is alright to watch an organization you are promoting outsource in mass numbers of work and members!

If you get involved, you will find out the TWU is actively involved in preserving our work.

Amfa wannabees, I don't believe you have room to talk when all you do is tear down our profession. Losers are still losers all YOU have to do is look in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!
[post="227477"][/post]​

As usual, you completely disregard the question I asked. You are complaining that UAL has a 777 lease returnn being done at AFW. (which the IAM scope language is used to accomplish, remember?)

I specifically asked why you do not complain and do something about your own AA/TWU MD-80 and 757 lease returns being done by NON-Union MRO's. You ignore that also.

WHY WONT YOU HOLD YOUR OWN UNION TO THAT STANDARDS YOU WISH TO HOLD AMFA?

AMFA did NOT negotiate the current scope language at UAL. But it is TRUE that the TWU DID negotiate the current scope language that allows your own aircraft lease returns to be accomplished by NON-union MRO's.

If the answer is, "the union" is actively involved in preserving our work, do you mean destroying 50 years of pay and benefits by lowering wages to match those of the non-Union MRO? Is that your answer CIO? Just reduce the pay and benefits to sub-industry levels to TRY to save a job.

Oh yeah, you have the answer. Let's reduce pay to $7.50 per hour, eliminate the left Holidays, and dump our pensions, and I'll bet UAL, DELTA, NWA, NORTHWEST, CONTINENTAL, and even JET BLUE AND SOUTHWEST, will actively pursuit your services for aircraft maintenance. I am sure everyone wants to follow a leader who will destroy 50 years of pay and benefits to preserve a little work.

What are you? A sweatshop slave driver, as long you can screw off doing UB?

The term "HANG E R" should be reserved for those that advocate lower wages, lower benefits, and less time off with the family. You know those anti-worker, anti-union ideas and philosopihes. :shock:

Decision 2004 said:
WHY WONT YOU HOLD YOUR OWN UNION TO THAT STANDARDS YOU WISH TO HOLD AMFA?

AMFA did NOT negotiate the current scope language at UAL. But it is TRUE that the TWU DID negotiate the current scope language that allows your own aircraft lease returns to be accomplished by NON-union MRO's.

If the answer is, "the union" is actively involved in preserving our work, do you mean destroying 50 years of pay and benefits by lowering wages to match those of the non-Union MRO? Is that your answer CIO? Just reduce the pay and benefits to sub-industry levels to TRY to save a job.

Oh yeah, you have the answer. Let's reduce pay to $7.50 per hour, eliminate the left Holidays, and dump our pensions, and I'll bet UAL, DELTA, NWA, NORTHWEST, CONTINENTAL, and even JET BLUE AND SOUTHWEST, will actively pursuit your services for aircraft maintenance. I am sure everyone wants to follow a leader who will destroy 50 years of pay and benefits to preserve a little work.

What are you? A sweatshop slave driver, as long you can screw off doing UB?

:shock:
[post="227558"][/post]​

The normal union strategy is to raise wages and then use their gains at that company to get other workers in the same industry to join, this way everyone sees a higher wage. The TWU can not organize with this strategy. They spent over $2 million trying to organize Delta but Delta workers only had to walk across the ramp to find that forking over two hours gross pay per month would not do anything for them.

The TWU is not about to piss off management at AMR. After all they have both mutually benifitted from their past collaborations. By under cutting everyone else, even non-union the TWU hopes to come from being a minor union to being the major airline union. The fact that they are AFL-CIO affiliated protects them from competition from well funded established rival unions. Which means all they have to do, with a little bit of help from their partner-the company is fend off grass roots movements.

Having the TWU in place is a win-win for management. They have a sweetheart union that will get them whatever they want and its presence prevents more militant unions from coming in. It gives the company all the benifits of being non-union without having to worry about some union coming in and organizing the workers.

Checking it Out said:

[post="227477"][/post]​

cio, you are full of crap. Pure and simple. How is the twu actively preserving our work? By taking concessions & lay offs? Without further ratification!