Tag Ends For New Fll Flights

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
So I was bored at work and decided to see where they've decided to bring and send the new FLL flights in from before going int'l. All of them go on and come in from another city with the same flight number. None originate in CLT but 1 terminates in CLT, and that is from SJU. None of them either originate or terminate in PHL.

All of the routings below indicate the morning originator and evening terminator.

BDL-GUA-EWR
BWI-CUN-DCA
LGA-KIN-LGA
EWR-PTY-PIT
EYW-MCO-DCA (last flight from EVW, also express)
PIT-SJO-BDL
DCA-SAL-DCAx6
BOS-SDQ-BOS
LGA-SJU-CLT
PIT-SJU-BWI

Probably not too surprising. Relatively few of the airplanes overnight in either CLT or PHL - they overnight at the spoke cities (ignoring the European flights).

What would be interesting would be to see the routing for the entire day for those airplanes - where do the go before the FLL-Caribbean leg and vice versa.

Jim

Jim ,

Few is either a relative term...or a matter of perspective considering how small our Mainline Fleet is compared to other so-called Legacy Carriers.

PHL at present is seeing an average of around 32 Acft on the RON

CLT sees and average of 22....excluding bad weather days up north when it can soar to 46 or greater

PIT is in the neighborhood of 14 to 19 depending on the day of the week or weather impacted stations other than themself...and the figures for PIT and CLT exclude Aircraft inducted in Heavy Base Maintenance at any given time.

Keep in mind that at least two Acft at any given time will be in BFM (Mobile Al.) too. That figure will climb too as the B757-200 enter the Bama Bolo Sweepstakes.

I saw the track plan today, it shows SEVEN tracks operating at one time at BFM.

700UW said:
I saw the track plan today, it shows SEVEN tracks operating at one time at BFM.
[post="244300"][/post]​

And it won't be long before the company decides that the PIT HMV track will be
better served at MAE which would bring the total to 9 tracks.. Oh and of course they will decide that since everything else is at MAE might as well put the 737's from CLT there to.

Sorry guys.. We gave it a try but it didn't work out.. Bummer.. Contract says if we can do it cheaper or if we are in the mood.. Well we are in the mood to lay more people off..

Give it time.. They will dump all of Base regardless of the contract.. And don't put it past them to change the contract before they exit CH 11.. If they ever do.

This place can not be trusted to honor anything.

Phantom Fixer said:
Jim ,

Few is either a relative term...or a matter of perspective considering how small our Mainline Fleet is compared to other so-called Legacy Carriers.
[post="244297"][/post]​

Agreed, a very relative term. Thanks for the numbers cause I had no real idea. Just personal experience - I rarely take a terminator into a hub (counting PHL & CLT as the hubs these days).

That's roughly 1 out of 5 scheduled to overnite in the hubs, if you ignore the European aircraft. If I'd had to pick a number, it would have been half that - shows how much I don't know....

Jim