Take It To The Bank

isthisok

Advanced
Aug 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
You can take it to the bank that the IAM will bring you a proposal for a transition agreement before we even go to arbitration on the Change of Control. In a April 27, 2007 union update they stated "The IAM has been prepared to present our case before a neutral arbitrator for months, but US Airways refused to attend the original February 26, 2007 arbitration hearing." We won the right to go to arbitration on the Change of Control case but it is now scheduled for September 13th and 14th in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why are we not pressing for an immediate hearing? Now District Lodge 142 will resume transition discussions May 22nd and 23rd in Phoenix. District Lodge 141 will resume Transition talks the week of June 4th, 2007. Why are we negotiating anything before the arbitration hearing has transpired. I guarantee you they will come up with some sort of agreement selling everyone short before the arbitration. If given the chance to vote on it just say no. We should win the arbitration and have the upper hand in negotiating a fair transition agreement for all. Stay united and stay strong. Don't let the union sell you out!

Does anyone believe the IAM isn't going to bargain away anything we might have gained in "change of control" arbitration....LMAO

You can take it to the bank that the IAM will bring you a proposal for a transition agreement before we even go to arbitration on the Change of Control. In a April 27, 2007 union update they stated "The IAM has been prepared to present our case before a neutral arbitrator for months, but US Airways refused to attend the original February 26, 2007 arbitration hearing." We won the right to go to arbitration on the Change of Control case but it is now scheduled for September 13th and 14th in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why are we not pressing for an immediate hearing? Now District Lodge 142 will resume transition discussions May 22nd and 23rd in Phoenix. District Lodge 141 will resume Transition talks the week of June 4th, 2007. Why are we negotiating anything before the arbitration hearing has transpired. I guarantee you they will come up with some sort of agreement selling everyone short before the arbitration. If given the chance to vote on it just say no. We should win the arbitration and have the upper hand in negotiating a fair transition agreement for all. Stay united and stay strong. Don't let the union sell you out!

While I would like nothing better than get a nice pay raise thru the arbitration process, that is not a guarantee.
Just look at what just happened to the pilots.
So I think it makes sense to see if the company is even willing to work out a deal we can all live with.
One thing you have to remember is that this issiue only effects the east and does nothing for our west brothers.
If somehow the IAM can get a fair deal for all fleet service than we are all better off.
Be careful what you hope and wish for.

07:14 PM']
]

does anyone know what BUF and ALB flight totals are right now? Anthony Mule was in LAS yesterday and made some interesting comments off to the side like. there could be more furloughs ahead especially in those two cities and more to come if the IAm doesnt talk settlement before arbitration, for fleet.

On the maintenance side all the major arbitration cases have been heard and not negotiated away, ie HMO, 401K and Airbus.

does anyone know what BUF and ALB flight totals are right now? Anthony Mule was in LAS yesterday and made some interesting comments off to the side like. there could be more furloughs ahead especially in those two cities and more to come if the IAm doesnt talk settlement before arbitration, for fleet.

Mulé is a scumbag. When he visited the PHX ramp breakroom, he denied ever hearing of the Change in Control clause. "I've never heard of that. What was that called again?" What an ass. Sounds like he is once again negotiating in breakrooms instead of at the negotiating table. I hate his guts. The airline would be a much better place if ass-clown management types like him would choke on a sandwich and die. :rant:

Mule acts like he owns the damn company and we should all be his greatful slaves. Just ask the gate agents that 'accidentally' didn't show up at his flight to drive the jetway. Woops. Guess he got the true customer experience.

You can take it to the bank that the IAM will bring you a proposal for a transition agreement before we even go to arbitration on the Change of Control.

The union has already offered to drop the Arbitration case in a proposal to the company but the company refused it saying the proposal was too expensive,

I seriously doubt the company will agree to any proposal without the change-of-control withdrawn. The problem is how much each side thinks it is worth.

To those saying that the union never dropped big arbitration cases have to take into account the union wasn't in contract or transition negotiations at the time of those 3 cases. How many grievances have been dropped when an agreement has been reached in contract negotiations? That is right that is standard language to drop grievances.

I say , why chance it , even thou the company says they give it no value , by this time they must ... They were proably sure it would be taken care of in BK court , that didn't happen and now it's on to the big money round ...
If there's one thing this company HATES to do it's pay real money .That's why this gives us a strong bargining tool . Look if we trade in the case we can almost assuredly get our field stations secured from out sourcing . Either way we were going to get some sort of wage increase , now we will proably get more than we would have before . Vaction will proably switch over to the AWA scale along with sick days and who knows ,we might EVEN be able to take back some of the field stations we had outsourced before ...
On the other hand , if we take it to court and lose , it will put us in a weaker postion , not to mention we will have lost out on months of increased pay , vaction , and sick days .

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush .

One thing you have to remember is that this issiue only effects the east and does nothing for our west brothers.

Anyone that thinks the arbitration, whether won by the union or traded away, won't effect them has no foresight, is a company stooge or is totally ignorant of the process.

We wouldn't get back pay , but if it is traded away we would be brought into a newer better contract .

On the other hand , if we take it to court and lose , it will put us in a weaker postion , not to mention we will have lost out on months of increased pay , vaction , and sick days .

I disagree. If the arbitration case is lost I think the extension of the contract (to 2011...which you can bank on happening..regardless of arbitration outcome) will secure the vacation, holidays, some pay incease etc. I think winning of arbitration case is so valuable there is nothing the company can offer upfront to make it worthwhile for the membership to trade away. Unfortunately it will probably be traded away anyway.

We wouldn't get back pay , but if it is traded away we would be brought into a newer better contract .

Well where have we heard this before? I love it when people are so willing to trade away someone elses rights when they perceive a gain (or better gain) in it for them. Kinda like the AAA Pilots are proposing to do with the AWA Pilots now. And kinda like demanding something from someone elses contract when it would be a gain for them and a loss for the other side.

I say , why chance it , even thou the company says they give it no value , by this time they must ... They were proably sure it would be taken care of in BK court , that didn't happen and now it's on to the big money round ...
If there's one thing this company HATES to do it's pay real money .That's why this gives us a strong bargining tool . Look if we trade in the case we can almost assuredly get our field stations secured from out sourcing . Either way we were going to get some sort of wage increase , now we will proably get more than we would have before . Vaction will proably switch over to the AWA scale along with sick days and who knows ,we might EVEN be able to take back some of the field stations we had outsourced before ...

While the east siders arbitration grievance gives the westies a strong bargaining tool, it represents a concession to the east siders. But everyone should be open to working things out and being 'inclusive' by first recognizing the east siders who bought the CIG and got laid off or displaced.

I think regardless of the arbitration, [win, lose, or give up,] your company has to recognize fairness before it can expect to get what it desperately needs.

Keep up the solidarity out west Freedom.

regards,