Talk Radio

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Liberal Commercial Talk Radio Disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014     Only NPR is left.

2014 will mark the beginning of a massive change for liberal talk radio across the country. In New York, WWRL 1600 AM will flip to Spanish-language music and talk, throwing Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, and Alan Colmes off the air.

In Los Angeles, KTLK 1150 will be dumping Stephanie Miller, Rhodes, Bill Press and David Cruz off the air in favor of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. In San Francisco, KNEW 960 will leave Miller, Hartmann, and Mike Malloy without a radio home in the market.

Thanks to radio consolidation and the secondary status of leftist talk in major markets across the country, the final death knell for liberal talkers could be tolling. Leftist talkers simply don’t have the same radio draw as conservatives; KTLK was ranked #41 in the market in November 2013, with WWRL registering almost no pulse at all. KNEW registered just an 0.4 in the San Francisco market in December 2013, placing it #31 in the market.

The failure of commercial leftist talk means that only government-sponsored NPR remains in many major markets.

Reactions: 1 person
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I guess the left listeners found some other means of fantasy entertainment.
Oh,..our entertainment is listening to Rush.  It's entertaining to hear people who can't think for themselves say "megadittos".  Kind of sad that people can't think and have to be told...but if it makes them happy - that's all that really matters. 

C'mon...Dog / KCF / Tree, ....let our friends with thier WOEFUL REPLUG Party have thier fun !

(Don't be a bunch of Cruel P-Ricks) !!!!!!!!!!

The Dog-SHITT talk radio...is the ONLY 'thing' they have to look forward to,..SERIOUSLY.

Thier WHACK-JOB party, is soooooo fractured as of this writing, that JESUS couldn't run in 16' as a REPLUG and win, so lets not take the LAST BASTION of successful conservatism away from them. I mean, put yourself in thier shoes. Think how it would feel (to you) as a REPLUG, hoping to sit in the Big Seat @ 1600' in 16'.

(Maybe they could re-inflate BOB DOLE, or even his ol' Lady (Liddy) to run in 16')

Whats a 7 letter word for..H R C ?

H I L L A R Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCFlyer said:
Oh,..our entertainment is listening to Rush.  It's entertaining to hear people who can't think for themselves say "megadittos".  Kind of sad that people can't think and have to be told...but if it makes them happy - that's all that really matters. 

Ala DNC campaign ads............

Hear it was that tape in Benghazi that jerked off the members of the religion of peace?

Dog Wonder said:
Welcome back Bears,

Happy New Tear.
Thanx Dog for the New Year Greeting, (though I'm sure you know...1/1  is another PHONEY date, just like 12/25)
The New Year starts on the first day of spring...3/21.
Back to the FRAUDULANT day of 12/25. As I type now, there are christian sects that are STILL waiting for ANOTHER FRAUDULANT day for xmas (sometime in early january.
You'd think after ALL these years, that these 'lemmings'  could at least agree on one certain date, even if it was INCORRECT  !! 

I'll NEVER understand how so many billions of people can/could be so easily BAMBOOZLED, all these years ?????????

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I guess the left listeners found some other means of fantasy entertainment.

...Or other avenues to receive their content from (Podcasts, streaming, etc.)...

Does anybody actually listen to the radio anymore, or is it just something that happens to be there while we're doing something else?

P.S. Whether you lean left or right, Thom Hartmann's shows are almost always enlightening.

Kev3188 said:

...Or other avenues to receive their content from (Podcasts, streaming, etc.)...

Does anybody actually listen to the radio anymore, or is it just something that happens to be there while we're doing something else?

P.S. Whether you lean left or right, Thom Hartmann's shows are almost always enlightening.
Exactly Kev. I just listened to the latest podcast of "This American Life", "Back Story", and "Snap Judgment". Last weekend I also listened to several installments of "The Story". Dick Gordon just retired the show. He was in radio for 38 years. What a great program that was. I don't think I would call any of those "liberal", but since they originally air on public radio, most RWNJ's would call them that without ever listening to the content of the program. 

KCFlyer said:
Kind of sad that people can't think and have to be told...but if it makes them happy - that's all that really matters. 
I agree.

Liberals can't think for themselves.

Liberals are indeed selfish people who only worry about what makes them happy. No matter whom they have to trample on to get it.

Reactions: 2 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
Exactly Kev. I just listened to the latest podcast of "This American Life", "Back Story", and "Snap Judgment". Last weekend I also listened to several installments of "The Story". Dick Gordon just retired the show. He was in radio for 38 years. What a great program that was. I don't think I would call any of those "liberal", but since they originally air on public radio, most RWNJ's would call them that without ever listening to the content of the program. 

Only a LWNJ uses the RWNJ term Quag's.