Teamsters card drive

Who would sign a Teamsters card, if a card drive started tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Who would sign a Teamsters card if a drive started tomorrow?

I personally don't think AMFA is too interested in organizing us.

Not only no but Hell no. You have a very short memory. Remember when jim little brought the teamsters in to disrupt our last card drive. The teamsters are just like the twu and the iam if not worse. There is a reason the united mechanics are trying to get rid of the teamsters.

Reactions: bigjets and 1AA
Why in the hell you want to start a reamsters card drive that's replacing one POS union with the one you already have IBT, TWU, IAM all the same steaming pile if you ask me. Personally after going thru the AMFA strike at NWA my personal opinion is as long as the NMB has us A@P's classed as well as being in under the RLA being in a union as an AMT at an airline is pretty much worthless. Better off without a union.

Oh brother. Stupidity rises from the ashes again. Teamsters screwed us over. They did the TWU dirty work. BTW, the Teamsters has a union pension and they have their own healthcare. One of those pensions are almost insolvent and the Teamcare union health care plan is a loser. The UAL guys were almost forced into it. Do you really want our frozen pension to be taken over by the Teamsters? You should do a little research before asking such a dumb ass question that would only bring back horrors and misery of what they did to us the last time. Because of the Teamsters we have this association today. Enough said.

Last edited:
Who would sign a Teamsters card if a drive started tomorrow?

I personally don't think AMFA is too interested in organizing us.
We organize ourselves not the other way around. That's the problem with our group. We want change but want others to lead the effort. It doesn't work that way. That's why we still have the TWU and the association today. We are too lazy and want to be spoon fed.

We organize ourselves not the other way around. That's the problem with our group. We want change but want others to lead the effort. It doesn't work that way. That's why we still have the TWU and the association today. We are too lazy and want to be spoon fed.

Yeah, if only the "We" would've gotten on board!

I think labor would be better served by focusing on moving away from the RLA, and eliminating the AFL-CIO's "no raid" clause.

Could you imagine all the unions actually competing with each other & proving they are the
best by getting the best contracts & holding the companies to the contracts.
"They CAN'T do that brother"

Gentlemen, This was simply a test run for the teamsters. Someone from the teamsters ask for someone to get on this forum and ask to see how a teamster drive would do. They did this at SWA as well. It's a feeler to see if they want to spend the coin and go after you guys in a real card drive. From the results I see, they will leave with their tails between their legs ONCE AGAIN. Nice job fellas, don't fall for the teamsters bull ****. Trust me, keep what you got is better than having the teamsters represent you, I know, we had them for miserable decades here at SWA. What I can't believe is bigjets had the balls to ask about a teamster drive, now that's fckin funny...
Look at UPS. They are going on 5 years no contract and just getting into mediation. Look at UAL. Heck even look at us when we had teamsters, they allowed all kinds of outsourcing where AMFA is currently working to get a 5th line of maint. in. See our latest update for that info...

Gentlemen, This was simply a test run for the teamsters. Someone from the teamsters ask for someone to get on this forum and ask to see how a teamster drive would do. They did this at SWA as well. It's a feeler to see if they want to spend the coin and go after you guys in a real card drive. From the results I see, they will leave with their tails between their legs ONCE AGAIN. Nice job fellas, don't fall for the teamsters bull ****. Trust me, keep what you got is better than having the teamsters represent you, I know, we had them for miserable decades here at SWA. What I can't believe is bigjets had the balls to ask about a teamster drive, now that's fckin funny...
Look at UPS. They are going on 5 years no contract and just getting into mediation. Look at UAL. Heck even look at us when we had teamsters, they allowed all kinds of outsourcing where AMFA is currently working to get a 5th line of maint. in. See our latest update for that info...

I was just curious to see what people thought, here at ORD it's pretty much what 1AA said. There was some support for the teamsters during the their drive at AA, but the betrayal will be too much to overcome for most guys. Still waiting for AMFA to start again.

I was just curious to see what people thought, here at ORD it's pretty much what 1AA said. There was some support for the teamsters during the their drive at AA, but the betrayal will be too much to overcome for most guys. Still waiting for AMFA to start again.
Again let me say this. AMFA will not start a drive. We as individuals have to get organized and show we want a drive to move forward. Many around the system have been involved in past drives. It takes time and money as well as the desire to achieve that goal. Most of all it requires the majority to be on the same page and get involved. Not just signing a card and ask when will we vote. The biggest obstacle was Tulsa and Title 2. Now we have the IAM side to deal with.

You guys and gals would be better served to vote out the union and have an in house association non affilated.