Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
All they want is your Pension money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iam-teamster-raid-endangers-us-211100792.html

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/teamsters-file-to-represent-us-airways-mechanics.html/

They will get your hard earned pensions and raise your dues by 33%. You will have NO maintenance locals and NO representation. Ask the guys at UAL/CAL how they feel about the Teamsters. Ask the guys at SWA how they feel about the Teamsters.

Right now the company and the IAM might not be negotiating in good faith but the Teamsters is not the answer. Do your own research and get educated. This is a knee jerk reaction from many pissed off AMT's. I understand how frustrated you must feel but this is exactly what the Teamsters want you to believe. They are vultures on the move. If anything save your PENSIONS before it is too late.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with 1aa

I can not even believe they got that many cards signed, Why did you guys not go with AMFA?

I agree with 1aa

I can not even believe they got that many cards signed, Why did you guys not go with AMFA?

I do not think they have enough cards if they still have guys on recall.

Under the IAM they have lifetime recall rights so those guys are part of the 50% plus 1 count.

Under the IAM they have lifetime recall rights so those guys are part of the 50% plus 1 count.
if there is a vote, the iam will lose. It remains to be seen if there will b a vote. Maybe it was a stall to block a twu/iam new entity and allow more time at amr.

if there is a vote, the iam will lose. It remains to be seen if there will b a vote. Maybe it was a stall to block a twu/iam new entity and allow more time at amr.

Tim what is the perception of the IAM among AA M&R and fleet service? M&R seems steadfast in their interest for AMFA, have to think the recent failed UA T/A doesn't given favorable impression.

Josh

I would have to agree with you. Also the IAM will have to filter out the non-eligible cards as well as the forged ones, as they did at AA. This will get very interesting indeed.

Tim what is the perception of the IAM among AA M&R and fleet service? M&R seems steadfast in their interest for AMFA, have to think the recent failed UA T/A doesn't given favorable impression.

Josh
The IAM has no juice at AMR. None. Zippo. Then it set up an organizing team that has its collective head up its arse with nobody that has the sillset that can convince anyone with facts so they resort to dopey things. The IAM made its own enemies and surprisingly thought that it could get away with it. The IAM needs to worry about Delta Stews, fleet service [hint hint], and worry about 45,000 US/UAL members. but that's for another time. regards,

Reactions: 2 people
Tim-
I don't see the Ibt getting voted in at US, I still haven't talked to one person I know there that wants them. I am surprised they have enough cards to file... I guess we'll see what happens.

Many are unhappy with the IAM because the company and the IAM are dragging their feet on working on a new CBA. So what makes anyone think that changing unions will force the company to negotiate in good faith? What makes anyone think that changing unions will force the NMB to release both parties from Mediation and go to self help after the 30 day cool down period? One thing is for sure. If the IBT should be successful in representing the AMT's at USAir your pensions are history. Be careful what you wish for because you may get more than you bargained for.

I know many guys at AA are ready to go IAM if AMFA does not get in. But when it comes down to the twu vs teamster tough call.

Tim-
I don't see the Ibt getting voted in at US, I still haven't talked to one person I know there that wants them. I am surprised they have enough cards to file... I guess we'll see what happens.
I may be wrong but I think they may have filed to stop a new TWU/IAM entity and buy a few more months at AMR. At any rate, the IAM has itself to blame and it isn't hard to imagine that the IAM created enough enemies and doesn't take care of its own house that the Delta drive may blow up, the United members may have more key people divert, and maybe a coalition saves them for a year or two at US AIRWAYS ramp. They played with the wrong people. regards,

Tim from what i have heard from some of the people i know aa folks would rather take the iam over the twu n the teamsters anyday if amfa cannot get in as for fsa i think the twu and the iam will do a joint thing together

Tim from what i have heard from some of the people i know aa folks would rather take the iam over the twu n the teamsters anyday if amfa cannot get in as for fsa i think the twu and the iam will do a joint thing together

I am sure the IAM and the TWU already have back door deals in place. They are waiting for the full integration to take place before they can implement them without further ratification from both the AA and USAir M&R members. The only joker in the crowd will be AMFA and maybe the Teamsters if they have enough cards on their recent filing. What a disaster this will turn out for the TWU and IAM.

Any association like that would have to be voted on by the members, precedent has all ready been set by the CWA and IBT association, as it is a change in representation.

I can't believe after being Screwed by the Company for the past 10 Years now my own Union Brothers will vote away our Pension!!

It will be 4+ Years before we se a contract!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people