Technical questions:

TWAnr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Inquiring minds wish to know:
  • Is there a way to reset or update the new message indicator icons without closing and restarting the browser?
  • Will there be buttons for IBB code shortcuts?
  • Is there a way to move from one thread to the next newest one within a forum without having to go back to the forum menu page?
  • Will you add the feature that allows the reader to find the point in the thread where the new posts, since the member's last visit, start?
Thank you in advance for your responses.

this is a test. Looks like you're going to have to "know the code" to enter the UBB code. It's a "[" followed by a b,i,quote,u, etc, followed by a "]". Type what you want, then end it with the same steps, except put a "/" in front of the a,b,i,quote.

Hi there. There will be several updates to this system within the next two weeks. Most of what you have asked about should be included plus a lot more.

Having lived with the new format for almost 24 hours, I am not sure that I like the overly busy graphic design. It is really hard to find items because the screen is simply too busy. Nothing stands out as things did on the old boards.

Especially troubling are the similarities between the new posts since last visit, the no new posts since last visit and the hot topic icons. I am having trouble distinguishing between those on my 19' monitor at home; forget about doing so on my 15' one at the office.

Having lived with the new format for almost 24 hours, I am not sure that I like the overly busy graphic design. It is really hard to find items because the screen is simply too busy.

I agree. Too busy, and lack of ability to move between threads from within a thread really inhales...

Well, I am not sure what you mean with it having too many graphics. There are actually less graphics now to be honest. We will be changing th epresentation of the threads sometime in the next couple of days that will make it easier to follow and I will be including the old folder icons in the forums for the new posts.

Klye:
I'm still having problems updating my Profile. It won't allow me to delete my signature. Look at the bottom of the post. See what I mean? Can you help?
Thanks for your assistance.

Cruz[:((]

I don't know if it's the color or what, but the new boards do seem somewhat "busier" and harder to navigate. But hey, it's a free board, and if they want to make the colors pink and green, that's fine with me.

We do realize that there are some navigational changes and little things that may make the new system a little cumbersome to get used to, however we do feel that this new Message Board will by far provide us with what we need. Our old system could not cut it any longer and if we are going to grow and hope to bring more online members, then change is required.

We are making every effort to make this board similar to the last in presentation.

Well, I am not sure what you mean with it having too many graphics.
Maybe it is the monochromatic color scheme, everything is some shade of blue, which causes all to blend and makes the eye unable to focus and wander all over the page.

By the way, thank you for changing the icon indicators. The new (old) ones are much easier to distinguish; now if you could only improve their accuracy.

----------------
On 8/21/2002 6:35:35 PM

By the way, thank you for changing the icon indicators. The new (old) ones are much easier to distinguish; now if you could only improve their accuracy.
----------------

Was advised this is being addressed. Still tweaking things. Thanks to the administrator for all their hard work this weekend to get this thing up and running. I can tell from all the posts, number of registered users and the massive number of lurkers showing, it was appreciated by many.
Still finding all the neat tools available to use. I like the member directory. There are some really cool (and some very bizarre) pseudonames out there.