Technician Shortage

410OhOne

Advanced
Dec 30, 2002
Been hearing about a technician shortage due to massive retirements of Vietnam era since leaving school years ago. What gives?

What is the latest with the 1300 count RIF? I hear people are still waiting on their bump results.

Wouldnt it be a wiser and more cost effective decision to use the OSM position as a holding or staging area instead of putting the youth and currently trained of this airline on the street? I mean we come pretty cheap now.

How many are actually hitting the street versus taking a 5.00 hr. $400.00 per paycheck hit to go to OSM, plus loss of cost of living increase if at ORD?

Just wandering.

----------------
On 5/11/2003 5:38:41 PM 410OhOne wrote:

Been hearing about a technician shortage due to massive retirements of Vietnam era since leaving school years ago. What gives?

What is the latest with the 1300 count RIF? I hear people are still waiting on their bump results.

Wouldnt it be a wiser and more cost effective decision to use the OSM position as a holding or staging area instead of putting the youth and currently trained of this airline on the street? I mean we come pretty cheap now.

How many are actually hitting the street versus taking a 5.00 hr. $400.00 per paycheck hit to go to OSM, plus loss of cost of living increase if at ORD?

Just wandering.

----------------​
At present there seems to be no shortage. A recent survey of Airlines says that they do not forsee a shortage. However that could change once the economy recovers.

Its in our best interests to cause a shortage. If you know of any A&P schools in your area you should inform them of the current direction of the industry.

If you want some info go to local 562''s website and copy the graph that shows mechanics pay vs inflation. That should be enough.

There sure does seem to be a problem with the mechanic reductions though.

Are them there intellijent tulsa unyun officers in charge or sumthing? <<--(sic)for effect

Those of us that know, are very apologetic to the rest of the system for the screw you unionism of the tulsans inside the 46 mile radius of stupidity.