Am I angered over this? Just as much as I was angered over your part of the
TRP. Will I get over it? Probably not.

I'm sure if I were a flyonthewall I would have seen that there were no
compelling arguments to protect labor's interest in the profit sharing piece
in our agreements that without ratification, would never have brought about
a merger or a sustained airline. And if I were a cockroach running across
the room, I would just know that there was no compelling argument from the
negotiators from management to Republic Airways to protect jobs at MAA to go
with the A/c for that $100 million big ones.

I trust we will be able to make a compelling argument to the court
reflecting the profit sharing plan was a key selling point for the
concessions given to get the airline to the point of a merger.

Here we go again...

Teddy
MEC President

I guess this is their payback for opposing their retention bonuses!
Crazy

US Airways reduces profit-sharing plan

US Airways' board of directors unilaterally decided to reduce a profit-sharing program its unions ratified six months ago, a labor leader said Friday.

The profit-sharing changes are expected to be incorporated into US Airways' bankruptcy reorganization plan.

According to AFA MEC president Teddy Xidas, US Airways' board reduced the profit-sharing payout terms at the insistence of institutional investors who agreed to provide $350 million in new equity capital in the new airline to be created by the merger of US Airways and America West.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

well this sure is one way mgmt is gonna say you screwed us over our retention bonus now we're gonna screw you over the profit sharing plan
sad and very pathetic. way to go Teddy! I'm glad now that i'm a furloughed employee! my best of luck and my best wishes to each and every one of the employees that are left on what is left of the usair property

robbedagain said:
well this sure is one way mgmt is gonna say you screwed us over our retention bonus now we're gonna screw you over the profit sharing plan
sad and very pathetic. way to go Teddy! I'm glad now that i'm a furloughed employee! my best of luck and my best wishes to each and every one of the employees that are left on what is left of the usair property
[post="278813"][/post]​
Way to go Teddy? Why? All she did was report the same ole same ole which is this "management" is proving itself exactly what it's accused of, which is its no damn good to the core. They will use and try to destroy anything or anyone who gives them resistance. Why would any of this latest news surprise anyone who can think clearly, why would anyone even waste their time and energy any longer with that pathetic company? That company (U) doesn't deserve to survive because it's foundation is being built off innocent victims of a corrupt management who is backed by government officials thru a slanted court system which is systematically destroying everything unions and labor won decades ago. No wonder people are turned off by unions these days when they see how they are being attacked and torn to shreds with the governments blessings. The working man is finished in this country. The great evil corporate America is rising and labor is bowing to them.

All I have to say is that I commend the employees of US for delivering any kind of product in the face of the treatment you have received at the hands of your employer. That mindset won't disappear with a merger and the people won't forget. US is writing its future right now and based on actions like this, the future is bleak. If it takes actions like this to get out of bankruptcy, US will not be a long-term survival either on its own or as an acquired entity.

And let's quit this blaming investors for actions that US is taking. US is perfectly capable of telling investors that it will not screw the people who deliver its product one more time. More importantly, US has an obligation to negotiate agreements with its employees with full knowledge of what will be expected down the road. Making agreements with provisions that can't be kept just to keep the company alive one more day will result in a painful payback.

PineyBob said:
Ya know I don't see you running for union office and out in front trying to support the membership as she does.

I don't see you helping create a group of loyal customers who has worked with and fought against CCY on a host of issues.

Does Teddy make a difference? Does FFOCUS make a difference? I don't know some days. But I do know that we are breaking our collective assets trying. Can you say the same?
[post="278831"][/post]​
You are the last one to preach to me when you boast of how you get people fired before they get you fired. So you can climb down from your high moral ground and give me a friggen break. You are a customer and if you really believe you can change corporate America's direction because of an insect's name or an old farts club, you are a dream boy. As far as Teddy, yea she did her part and then some but even she has enough sense to know when to move on in the face of an impossible fight. Go on and preach your crap on these boards, we all know this has become your very life. Anyone with a brain cell left will change direction, any direction away from this insanity to a course of sanity. Your little F club and insects gave you meaning and God help you when "you" are no longer valid after this management is finished with everyone, including your delusions.

All I can say to you from the inside is that it makes no matter what the sacrifice, how much is given, who has given... an agreement is NEVER an agreement with this management or this BOD. The arrogance is beyond definition.

No one knows on the outside just how bad it is on the inside. The morale at U is beyond low. The employees are in need of couselors to come in. Attrition is higher than I have ever seen in my 25 years.

The uncertainty of jobs, displacements, illness be it emotional stress or physical, agreements not being honored, and working with a management that does not see the need to protect its employees on any level, is just beyond any repair. And no matter how much managment tries to camouflage or pretend these issues just don't exist, is scaming the public and investor.

I'm glad I'm getting out. I haven't regretted the decision for one minute second. I believe from what I have learned through this experience, I'll be more dangerous on the outside than the inside.

PineyBob said:

I won't even detail the lies and deceptions regarding our interaction with CCY. I need to remain quiet because we do hope to work with the new team going forward. I would like FFOCUS to return to it's more positive message. But that is very difficult to do right now given the the current crop would know the concept of honor and integrity if it ran over them.

[post="278821"][/post]​

Bob I would hope your organizations would rethink this stance of not detailing the lies and deceptions. Most of us know how rotten the apple is that is known as the UAIR management team but not everyone is privy to the information that people such as you and your group have seen in person. They're not working with you now so honestly you have nothing to lose by coming forward outlining the lies and deceptions you've seen firsthand. I'm sure it would make Mr. Parker stand up and realize what kind of people are in place at UAIR and make him take a much harder look before he brings the disease into his own management team at merger time. If they get into place at the AWA the rotten apple will spread like a wildfire at the new airline.

I do not like the investors demand or the Board’s decision to attempt change the profit sharing provisions of union contracts any more than anybody else, but let’s put a couple of points into perspective.

-- With energy prices at or near all time highs the ability for US Airways to have an annual pre-tax profit probably will most likely not happen until after the operational integration with America West, assuming the merger proceeds.

-- Prior to operationally merging, joint union contracts will have to be merged with employees from both companies operating under the same contract and the profit sharing plan could change.

I do not know enough about other union contracts to comment, but in the case of ALPA after there is a merged seniority list a Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) will be formed with representatives from both the US Airways and America West pilot groups. The JNC will work with America West labor relations to construct a new collective bargaining agreement, which may or may not have the same profit sharing plan and the current US Airways profit sharing plan could be negotiated away for other contract improvements.

For example, prior to bankruptcy II and after the filing, US Airways offered ALPA the America West pilot pay rates, but that was rejected by the RC4. As time went on the company’s offers grew worse-and-worse and the pilots ended up with pay rates about 10% less than their counterparts at America West. Furthermore, if my memory serves me correctly the America West pilots are due a 3% pay raise on January 1, 2007.

Now let’s move forward, during the upcoming JNC negotiations the America West pilots are unlikely to authorize a pay cut and the US Airways pilots will want the higher wage rate, but new US Airways CEO Doug Parket is unlikely to negotiate higher total pilot labor expenses. Thus, if the US Airways pilots want to match the current America West pay rates there may need to be a trade off and with pay a very high priority, something like profit sharing could be changed.

I suspect the same type of negotiations will occur with every union and current profit sharing plans could change to obtain higher pay. With it likely the old and new US Airways may not be profitable until the operational merger is complete and new contracts need to be negotiated, the profit sharing plan change may be a not event.

Do I like this? No, of course not. PitBull is right in that there would be no merger without significant employee sacrifice.

Should the unions try to keep their profit sharing plan and object to the company’s motion in court? Absolutely, but if the investors demand “in courtâ€￾ that the profit sharing plan be changed and "no action" could jeoprodize equity investments, I doubt judge Mitchell will side with labor on an issue that may not matter once JNC work begins.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Should the unions try to keep their profit sharing plan and object to the company’s motion in court? Absolutely, but if the investors demand “in courtâ€￾ that the profit sharing plan be changed and "no action" could jeoprodize equity investments, I doubt judge Mitchell will side with labor on an issue that may not matter once JNC work begins.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="278859"][/post]​
At what point will you ever stand up to this management team and publicly say enough is enough, or do you really enjoy playing MOM (mouthpiece of management) or BOB (Bend over Babe)

You know, I think it is time for a new media campaign, only this time instead of lipstick I'm going to suggest VASELINE. Would you be so kind to provide your address so we can start shipping it to you by the case.

Regards

l4pi

This dysfunctional company is like a bad soap oprah. What a pathetic bunch of money grabbing thieves. It seems they all know the end is in sight now, and its a free for all to do what they wish, and grab as much as they can. Personally I wouldn't give any of them the time of day or drink of water if they were lying in the desert.

Longing4piedmont:

The investors could care less what the employees earn in pay and benefits. As energy prices continue to rise all they see is a more difficult financial environment and they want one thing -- a ROI.

Do I like this? No, of course not because employees stand to lose more money and they have sacrificed enough. However, do I understand the investors sentiment and Board action? Yes.

As I said before, each union should object to any change to their profit sharing plan, but in the end, due to economics, upcoming JNC work, and Judge Mitchell's track record it may not matter one way or another.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

PITbull said:
I believe from what I have learned through this experience, I'll be more dangerous on the outside than the inside.
[post="278839"][/post]​
Give em Hell. If you need any help, you know where to find me.

With Highest Regards.

l4pi