terms of DL-DALPA tentative agreement released.

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/88532-details-delta-ta.html

DALPA is meeting today and tomorrow in open session in ATL

Industry leading hourly pay rates by the amendable date. Rate increases of:
8% on date of signing
6% on 1/1/16 (14.48% compounded on the amendable date)
3% on 1/1/17
3% on 1/1/18
· Hourly rates average 3.5% above American and 13.5% above United on 1/1/16 not including profit sharing

· Average $3,500 increase in monthly pay per pilot, $42,000 per year per pilot by 1/1/18

· DC increased from 15 to 16 percent on 1/1/2017

· Per diem increased $0.05 on date of signing, $0.05 on 1/1/2016 and 1/1/2017

· Per diem paid for deviation from deadhead with front or back end deviation

· Vacation pay increased from 3:15 to 3:30 per day (0:15 pay/no credit) on 4/1/16

· CQ training pay increased to 4:00 per day (from 3:45)

· A350 pay rate equal to B-777 rate

· A330-900 pay rate equal to A330-200/300

· A321 pay rate equal to B-737-900ER

· E190 pay rate equal to E195 rate

o Exceeds JetBlue E190 rate by:

§ $6.39/hour (3.5%) in 2016

§ $17.88/hour (9.8%) in 2018

· Company commits to adding a new small 100-seat narrow-body at Mainline by the second half of 2016

· Section 3 B. 4. “me-too” provision modified to include profit sharing at Delta, American, and United

· Entry-level pilot pay increases to mirror pay rate table increases

· Minimum pay increased to ALV for pilots in training

· Two hours of suit-up pay for pilots (off probation) meeting with Company representatives

Profit Sharing:

· 20% trigger modified from $2.5B to $6.0B for profit sharing distribution for year 2016 and onward (paid on 2/15/2017)

· 5.74% of variable compensation converted to fixed compensation in the form of hourly pay rates, assuming the Company achieves PTIX of $6.0+ billion every year

o This impact is reduced if PTIX is less than $6 billion

· No cap on profit sharing (no change)

· Change in PTIX definition:

o Treat management compensation same as other employees compensation

o Remove stock volatility from profit sharing calculation by removing gains/losses on equity securities

· Changes would not become effective until 2017 profit sharing payout

· Base pay rates increase 17.9% prior to first profit sharing payout under the new profit sharing formula

Scope

· Retains the limit of 76 seats at DCI

· DCI fleet shrinks to 425 from 450

· Total number of RJs is reduced by 5.6 percent, RJ seat count reduced by 2 percent

· With current limits of 223 76-seaters and 102 total 70-seaters, allows 25 additional 70 or 76-seat jets, but tied to deliveries of a 100-seat small narrow-body aircraft(1 70/76-seat RJ for every 2 100-seaters delivered to Delta)

· Enhances mainline to DCI block hour ratio from current 1.35 to 1.81 end-state

· Restrictions in Section 1 D. 4.–1 D. 6. eliminated due to the fact that DCI aircraft are held at a fixed amount of flying

· Trans-Atlantic Joint Venture scope modified to a 50 percent block hour capacity baseline.

o No longer using EASK metric, this includes a carve-out for flights between U.S. and U.K. due to the Virgin Atlantic Joint Venture.

o One-percent buffer, with a one-year measurement period and one year cure period

· Improves fragmentation language and improves control definition

Reroute:

· Pays premium pay if rerouted and not released within 4 hours of originally scheduled block-in (domestic) or 25 hours (international)

· Reroute limited to one calendar day (formerly limited to duty period)

· Removed “mechanical” from circumstances beyond Company control language related to reroute pay

o The only non-premium pay reroute is for WX on pilot’s routing and closure of origin/destination airport

Sick Leave, Disability and Retirement:

No change to hourly benefit, still max of 270 hours based on longevity
Voluntary verification and 100-hour verification replaced with a verification threshold trigger of 15 work days missed due to sickness per rolling 365-day period
Equates to approximately 80 hours for most pilots
2/3’s of pilots will never need to verify
Verified sick leave absence in excess of 20 consecutive calendar days does not count towards verification/medical release thresholds if:
due to surgery, hospitalization, or fractured bone prohibiting the exercise of your first class medical
Other serious medical condition at pilots option
· Rolling 365-day verification trigger is reset to zero for pilots who go on disability

Company to pay for verification only if requested on “good faith basis”

Reactions: 1 person
Well looks like the non-union employees will see their profit sharing cut to under 10%.

And just as history showed DL didnt give the non-union employees the same percentage of raises the pilots got last time.

The pilots negotiated 20% in a year and half while non-union only received 2%-8% depending on when they were hired.

Reactions: 2 people
As WT says, the DL employees should shut up and just be very grateful to DL for all the amazing bounty, prosperity and perks DL has consistently showered upon them.

I'm super excited to see a 20% increase in my base rate over the next 30(ish) months.

Same story with the jump in DC contributions.

We get what the pilots get, right?

Oh wait...

I do like the 76 seat cap at DCI. I'll be curious to see what (if anything) they use to fill the gap between the CRJ900/E75s and the 717. Easy money says E190s, but who knows.

'Course if ACS had any sort of scope, that would also be good news for them...

So they pilots are funding their raises with cuts to PS.

Where is the PS cheerleader now?

Reactions: 3 people
Son of a ####. 

Welp more PS down the drain for the rest of us. I can guaranfrickintee we aint getting 16% DC and 20% pay raises for it either. 

Oh and as expected, ALPA completely wets the bed on the JV scope. Delta doesn't comply and they go to 50% block hours now. B757 = A380..... 
what a joke of a union. Billions and billion in profit and they are taking concessions. (and are the "leaders" of the airline? HA!) 

Now here comes WT to tell us how we should all be happy with more outsourcing, less pay etc. etc. etc. 

Edit 
Called this too!
Hey Kev, be happy that Atlanta works RJs because ASA couldn't get it done. It has such a drastic effect on you as it is now  :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
it's not even 20% and it's over 3 years. you will most certainly see pay raises.

and you will make more by monetizing part of the profit sharing than taking it wholly in profit sharing if for no other reason that you will have money in the bank every payday since you have to spend so much of your PS check on bills.

Well looks like the non-union employees will see their profit sharing cut to under 10%.

And just as history showed DL didnt give the non-union employees the same percentage of raises the pilots got last time.

The pilots negotiated 20% in a year and half while non-union only received 2%-8% depending on when they were hired.
no, there is no cut to UNDER 10%. The cap for when 20% pays out is being raised.

DL hasn't revealed anything about what will happen to non-contract profit sharing but the chances are high that the PERCENT for all DL employees will change while the total amount of profit sharing and pay raises will continue to increase at rates far higher than at any other airline.

Can you tell us about the profit sharing that the IAM is getting at UA and in the JCBAs at AA?

a FRACTION, if any, of what DL employees get.

You LOVE to pick on DL's profit sharing while hypocritically failing to note that DL employees actually get it while the IAM has gotten rid of it in a number of contracts and it won't be a part of any JCBAs at AA.

I'm super excited to see a 20% increase in my base rate over the next 30(ish) months.

Oh wait...
your pension was terminated in BK, right? nope. and your pension fully fits within the PBGCs guidelines. Pilot pensions did not.

I do like the 76 seat cap at DCI. I'll be curious to see what (if anything) they use to fill the gap between the CRJ900/E75s and the 717. Easy money says E190s, but who knows.

and yet there are more DL employees working regional carrier flights than at AA or UA

There are more stations staffed by DL employees than AA or UA

do you really want THEIR scope? Your peers clearly want better, not worse.

and it is certain it will be E190s.... flying from NYC/BOS/SEA on 4 hour flights beyond what the 717 can do.

50 of them is what DL needs to get the maximum number of RJs allowed.

And of course having the E190 at mainline makes it possible for DL to take over the E170 flying if pilot staffing at the regionals sinks low enough that they can no longer staff those flights... a very likely scenario in a few years

ALL DL employees and customers will benefit from more mainline and less regional carrier aircraft.

700UW said:
So they pilots are funding their raises with cuts to PS.

Where is the PS cheerleader now?
He isn't a PS cheerleader, he is a "whatever Delta says is right cheerleader" 

If Delta dumped PS tomorrow any airline with PS would be ran by complete idiots in his mind. What is even better is people like me and Kev will get a nice long talk on how we should be happy about the pay cuts we are about to take because its all good for the great frickin Delta. 

Kev3188 said:

More big RJs aren't good. 

and it will be the E-jets. Already have the engine in-house. Some back shop support already. (note don't do the CF34-10E engine house but do the -3/8 and my understanding is it wouldn't be a big deal to do the 10E now that they geared up for the 8s) 

Kev3188 said:

Oh wait...
no kidding. Well that memo should be hitting the web anytime now. Wall Street keeps on winning. 

(oh and on the DC...."we lost our pension errr.... minus the NW pilots and it doesn't make a damn for new hires......but STILL!" 

edit
Ha! called that crap. Completely called that ****. Hey WT, how about the pilots who are new hires or the NW pilots who have a pension still? Can't wait for your answer Leo. 

Reactions: 3 people
PS is great but when it starts approaching 20% of your salary and will be there for years to come, some of it needs to be put in your regular paycheck.

no, dawg, it can't be that DL's mainline growth will involve DL doing the engines in house.

impossible that DL will be growing its OWN maintenance operation.

simply impossible.

Your pension is still there and the terms of it have not changed.
Not so for the PMDL pilots.
Given that the PMNW pilots made less than their DL peers, if DL is willing to let the PMNW pilots double dip, that is DALPA's challenge to figure out how to make it all work out.

topDawg said:
He isn't a PS cheerleader, he is a "whatever Delta says is right cheerleader" 

If Delta dumped PS tomorrow any airline with PS would be ran by complete idiots in his mind. What is even better is people like me and Kev will get a nice long talk on how we should be happy about the pay cuts we are about to take because its all good for the great frickin Delta.
Already happened. You two were typing at the same time. 

More big RJs aren't good. 
True, but it beats "more RJs flown by an Airlink DCI partner."

(oh and on the DC...."we lost our pension errr.... minus the NW pilots and it doesn't make a damn for new hires......but STILL!" 
I have 2 of them. One's frozen, and the other is in a sort of limbo.

I'd still take the boost in DC contributions and/or matching in a heartbeat over what either of them may or may not represent to me financially.

You are truly obtuse.

If you take 5.74% reduction in profit sharing that is a cut, bottom line.

But your a numbers guy so this is how you think" Figures dont lie, but figureres do!"

If DL makes $1 in profits, and the rates is 15% you get a 15 cent pay out, if your rate is 9.26% you get .9 cents.

Now lets see if you can do some basic math.

Is 15 cents greater than or less than 9 cents?

And is PRASM is down for the year, so will profits.

WorldTraveler said:
PS is great but when it starts approaching 20% of your salary and will be there for years to come, some of it needs to be put in your regular paycheck.

no, dawg, it can't be that DL's mainline growth will involve DL doing the engines in house.

impossible that DL will be growing its OWN maintenance operation.

simply impossible.

Your pension is still there and the terms of it have not changed.
Not so for the PMDL pilots.
Given that the PMNW pilots made less than their DL peers, if DL is willing to let the PMNW pilots double dip, that is DALPA's challenge to figure out how to make it all work out.
Math is stupid. It isn't a conversion when its a pay cut genus. 

and FWIW it probably won't be growing. With the ~25 more 76 seaters DL can add, plus 25 more, plus the 50 E90s at mainline + some of the 321s....
My guess is the 219s, and the airplanes they hang on, are heading out the door. 

And once again, I do not care. That isn't my problem. Delta pilots should blame DALPA for the pension. It is complete horse crap our match is 7% and they are getting 16%. (and again, didn't address the new hire issue) 

Kev3188 said:
Already happened. You two were typing at the same time. 

True, but it beats "more RJs flown by an Airlink DCI partner."

I have 2 of them. One's frozen, and the other is in a sort of limbo.

I'd still take the boost in DC contributions and/or matching in a heartbeat over what either of them may or may not represent to me financially.

While I agree

We are still talking a reduction in 50 seaters that the company is going to park anyways. So in other words, ALPA is giving the company big RJs so they will park 50 seaters

but the company is going to do with anyways. Let fuel and MX costs kill them... don't give up more scope to do something the world is going to do. 

and I have already said that step one to get me to take a PS cut was matching the pilot DC. Of course a true pay raise was step two.... 

i bet we get another 5% maybe 1% added to the match. Happy Happy Joy Joy. Nothing like being out of BK.....yet feeling your back every three years

700UW said:
You are truly obtuse.

If you take 5.74% reduction in profit sharing that is a cut, bottom line.

But your a numbers guy so this is how you think" Figures dont lie, but figureres do!"

If DL makes $1 in profits, and the rates is 15% you get a 15 cent pay out, if your rate is 9.26% you get .9 cents.

Now lets see if you can do some basic math.

Is 15 cents greater than or less than 9 cents?

And is PRASM is down for the year, so will profits.
and the way the Delta leadership seems to get off on taking billions in hedging losses every few years....probably wont hit that 6B mark in a while. 

Kev3188 said:

WorldTraveler said:
and it is certain it will be E190s.... flying from NYC/BOS/SEA on 4 hour flights beyond what the 717 can do.

topDawg said:
and it will be the E-jets. Already have the engine in-house. Some back shop support already. (note don't do the CF34-10E engine house but do the -3/8 and my understanding is it wouldn't be a big deal to do the 10E now that they geared up for the 8s) 

I was going to ask/comment about this:  any chance that DL would consider Bombardier's CSeries? 
All 3 of you seem to believe or be in agreement that it will be E190s.  But I wonder if Bombardier could offer DL a sweet deal on the CSeries whether DL would take up the offer?  Or is it just better to stick with the Embraer product?