Teuc-a Uc Benefits

legacy-to-LCC

Veteran
Feb 20, 2004
Happy 4th all!
I am relentlessly, however fruitlessly navigating the legislation establishing TEUC-A benefits. There was, it seems, an arbitrary expiration date attached to this special program: if you had exhausted your initial UC claim on or befor December 26, 2003 you were eligibe for at least 39 additional weeks; if not, you are screwed! And not eligible for additional benefits. Since my initial claim expired well after the December 26, 2003 cut-off date(I went out on VF7 in 9.03), I am inelgible for TEUC-A...
The reason I have initiated this topic, is because an AFA representative in PHL told me to appeal the Pennsylvania UC; apparently, there were people in my situation who had been successful with their appeal case. Unfortunately, they couldn't identify these people...And, my appeal failed! My hope is that somebody might be able to help me unpack this dense, beaurocratic mess; or, more hopefully, tell me how to successfully appeal it again!!!
Many thanks!
pjn

When is TEUC-A in Effect?
The week ending April 26, 2003, is the first week for which TEUC-A benefits can be paid. A claimant cannot begin to receive TEUC-A after the week ending December 27, 2003. A claimant who begins a TEUC-A claim no later than the week ending December 27, 2003, can continue to receive TEUC-A benefits until the total amount of those benefits available to the claimant is exhausted or until the week ending January 1, 2005, whichever occurs first.

Latest posts