Thank You Airtran!

bankernclt

Aug 26, 2002
It was announced on 2/17/05 that AirTran will begin 4 daily flights from CLT to ATL and 2 daily flights from CLT to BWI. On 2/18/05, AirTran stated in the Charlotte Observe that other non-stop flights will be coming to Charlotte in the fall of 2005. They stated that the fall expansion could bring non-stop service from CLT to LGA, MCO and other northeast cities. Some of the positives I see in this entrance are:

- Guaranteed low fares without competition bringing them to the city pairs
- NEW/CLEAN Boeing 717 and 737-700 aircraft
- Affordable business class fares on a full size aircraft
- Approximately 40 city pairs will be immediately available. AirTran plans to
add additional cities to their network as they take delivery of new aircraft.

Lets support AirTran so Charlotte can continue to experience affordable fares!

Kind of hard to have too many flights with one gate available in CLT at this time. I know that DL at times has A/C waiting for a gate when ATL has air-traffic problems. Unless Jerry Orr pulls more gates out of his pocket they will be forced to use the old ATA gate. How many flights can you run out of one gate? Maybe 12 a day. There is just not enough room at CLT for more than one carrier with more than a handful of flights to a few destinations. But time will tell.

Hasn't Airtran tried CLT once before? I could be wrong, but I thought that DL and US ran them out of the CLT-ATL market. Please correct me if I am wrong. If it didn't work the first time, why try again on a very limited basis. Only 6 flights and 1 gate. Not much. Just my thoughts..........

Yeah, FL tried once before, back when both DL and US had the money to subsidize losses on competing flights. FL was still recovering from ValuJet in those days as well. 6 flights might be a small start, but why bite off more than you can chew? Remember, FL is looking at CLT O&D traffic, which is a small % of the overall traffic in CLT. 12 flights a day won't be unreasonable for the gate, since FL turns those 717s in 25 minutes in outstations. That'll shock a few "other airline" rampies, that's for sure....

bankernclt said:
It was announced on 2/17/05 that AirTran will begin 4 daily flights from CLT to ATL and 2 daily flights from CLT to BWI. On 2/18/05, AirTran stated in the Charlotte Observe that other non-stop flights will be coming to Charlotte in the fall of 2005. They stated that the fall expansion could bring non-stop service from CLT to LGA, MCO and other northeast cities. Some of the positives I see in this entrance are:

- Guaranteed low fares without competition bringing them to the city pairs
- NEW/CLEAN Boeing 717 and 737-700 aircraft
- Affordable business class fares on a full size aircraft
- Approximately 40 city pairs will be immediately available. AirTran plans to
add additional cities to their network as they take delivery of new aircraft.

[post="249010"][/post]​

Hey Judas,
If the bank you work for is BofA, I will never make another announcement on the aircraft promoting your credit card. I have a feeling your CEO would not appreciate such disloyalty. Without our hub there in CLT, BofA and Wachovia would probably move their home offices to a transportation friendly city. If it weren't for U, Charlotte would be the size of Roanoke. The US Airways hub was the engine that stirred Charlotte's growth and put her on the map. Do your homework. Pretty brave of you to post your screen name in such a manner.

bankernclt said:
It was announced on 2/17/05 that AirTran will begin 4 daily flights from CLT to ATL and 2 daily flights from CLT to BWI.

[post="249010"][/post]​

Affordable fares??? People pay as much for tennis shoes or a pair of jeans as they do to fly cross county. Its not affordable fares that you want its rock bottom prices that continue to under mine an industry.

AIR TRAN SUCKS !
CLEAN/ NEW A/C !

are you guys saying that US planes are old and dirty, look at USs airbuses,!
they are nice and clean inside, and arent old, at the most 6 years old, and the min, prob 3-4,
but anyway, i know independence hasnt really done good from CLT anyway,
i wonder wat can airtran do
airtran and indy are nothing in-front of US

BTW, airtran is worth more thatn DL :lol:
DL today was worth $225-250 million
thats like a quarter of Air trans worth !
lol

A330US said:
AIR TRAN SUCKS !
CLEAN/ NEW A/C !

are you guys saying that US planes are old and dirty, look at USs airbuses,!
they are nice and clean inside, and arent old, at the most 6 years old, and the min, prob 3-4,
but anyway, i know independence hasnt really done good from CLT anyway,
i wonder wat can airtran do
airtran and indy are nothing in-front of US

BTW, airtran is worth more thatn DL :lol:
DL today was worth $225-250 million
thats like a quarter of Air trans worth !
lol
[post="287134"][/post]​

US's aircraft are filthy. Other than the fact that I can point you to the NUMEROUS threads about it, much higher than the average filthy complaint rate I've noticed for other airlines, the aircraft's age has nothing to do with filth in the craft unless it is on its first revenue flight. As for age, how old are your 733/734/752/762 aircraft?

i know that all our 733/734/762 are atleast 10 years old, i think the youngest 762 is at the most 11-13 years old, , our 752's are about the same too, but they all look new from the outside and inside , i remember the horrible timei had on a 762, but 10-11 years is nothing, airlines in the middle east are still running 45+ yrs old 707's

Well i'm known for my honesty, and I'll defend A330US a little and differ him. Yes our airbus fleet is great, clean and very efficiant. Have you been on an A330?? They are just great, you can never compare it to a 717. He is also right about some of the 767-200's they have about 10 to 11 years old. But the 737-300,400 and a few 757 my god they are awful. Especially the paint job on the 737's. They look like they went through a drive by in Brooklyn. As for the age well the 737's are from the mid 80's so were talking alomst 20 years old avarage, and there are I beleive 6 757 that are really old. They were old Eastern Airline 757's. And as a matter of fact they were among the very first 757 to roll out of the assembly line.

Hey GroundedBoricua, thanks for your support :up:
i seriosulsy i think the only US airbus is the A330, prob did go on the 319, but never on 320 or 321, have prob been on a 757 , but dont remember it lol, anyway, the airbuses are very clean and cool looking inside, they look very new from the inside, alot of the 757s us has cam in the mid-90's , and also the 767s came aroudn that time also, i wonder how the A350 will be for us !

A330US said:
the 757s us has cam in the mid-90's , and also the 767s came aroudn that time also, i wonder how the A350 will be for us !
[post="287349"][/post]​

I guess this thread has somehow evolved into a US thread :lol:

The first US 767 came into service with Piedmont back around 1986 or so for the CLT-LGW route. Are these original pre-merger 76's still flying for US?

Latest posts