Thank You

usacrew3

Advanced
Sep 17, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
View attachment 2521Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

My mother, who is 73 just traveled from Manchester England to Fort Lauderdale yesterday and the smile on her face when she arrived was priceless. She raved about the staff in Manchester saying they were the best groomed, most professional staff and took extremely good care of her. In Philly she was through immigration in record time and even though she had a gate change she arrived in FLL ontime.
Thanks to the flight crew from Man to PHL, my mother talked about you all the way home. Saint Urban and Giselle, my mother cannot thank you enough.
My days of flying are over but its good to know that my friends are still out there doing what they do THE best!

Thanks again,

Hugh McKerlie

That's nice to hear, but what would really be nice is for US Airways to treat revenue passengers just as well.

JS said:
That's nice to hear, but what would really be nice is for US Airways to treat revenue passengers just as well.
[post="242499"][/post]​

Oh thats right your experience speaks for how everyone else is treated. Nevermind Pineies glowing reports that everyone so anxiously waits for all the time.

The staff at Manchester, England are not US Airways employees, all the work is outsourced.

700UW said:
The staff at Manchester, England are not US Airways employees, all the work is outsourced.
[post="242524"][/post]​
UH..WRONG again 700UW...US Airways has close to a dozen of there own employees working the ticket counter and the gates ALONG with the contracted employees who work the check-in counter. The check-in counter and the ticket counter are two complete diffrent things in Europe. US Airways employees in MAN are some of the best we have in Europe.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
UH..WRONG again 700UW...US Airways has close to a dozen of there own employees working the ticket counter and the gates ALONG with the contracted employees who work the check-in counter. The check-in counter and the ticket counter are two complete diffrent things in Europe. US Airways employees in MAN are some of the best we have in Europe.
[post="242545"][/post]​

Ok my bad I should have known 700 puffing smoke again I retract my nuff said

usairways_vote_NO said:
Oh thats right your experience speaks for how everyone else is treated. Nevermind Pineies glowing reports that everyone so anxiously waits for all the time.
[post="242507"][/post]​

???? Manchester is UAIR employees. What is your major problem dude?

The employees in MAN are awesome, as are they in DUB. They are indeed full US Airways employees. They run the small ticket counter until shortly before departure when they head to the gate. They are friendly, enthusiastic and professional, and make our airline look like a real international airline.

Check-in is handled by ServisAir or one of those, as most of the airlines do over there do. Ramp is also handled by them.

Manchester is a big city for US, and we have a great reputation there. They also have a reservation center in Liverpool.

Interestingly, in my 20 years flying on USAirways, I've had quite a few good experiences like the OP describes, especially on transatlantic routes. Clarice on my trip to Amsterdam - you were fantastic and a delight to have on board! Marko on my Madrid trip, thanks for all the wine - even when I covered my glass! Captain Skip H. - thanks for a great trip to Rome and even showing me the A330 cockpit (on the ground, at the gate of course)! Those are just 3 examples of many other good ones.

There have been a few snags along the way, and I've questioned some operational and customer-service decisions made over the years, but by and large the employees definitely have made it enjoyable.