Thanks For The Sick Out

atoguy

Feb 15, 2003
Just wanted to say thanks to those who have caused this weeks mess. That you felt you had to make the decision for the rest of us about our jobs and the future of U. You may have caused the collapse of U and put the rest of us out of work. Yes we all are not happy with what has happened and what we have lost. That we have nothing to stay here for any more unless you truely love your job. But I am sure that most of us that are here and looking for a future would like to be employed until that happens. Alot of us have mortgages and children to support. We did not need you to expedite the process for us to end up in the streets. If you are that unhappy, don't take it out on our customers and the rest of us who are trying to survive. JUST GO QUIETLY . Let the rest of us choose our own future without your help.

atoguy - What happened kind of proves that U needs f/a's and ground crews. You may want them to go, but how and when are you going to replace them in a manner whick would not create another chaos?

Example: numbers are for example only

To help you understand the problem you have:

500 employees

250 are open lines - company has'nt filled these lines

250 active employees working lines being forced to work 16 hour mandatory shifts day after day with very scarce equipment to work flights and limited help.

Now 50 people call out sick during peak critical times

Where does the real problem lie? Management who ignores the problems or the worker who has been getting his butt whipped day after day for months.

You can beat a dog only so many times before you get bit!

Ok, I am really getting sick of all this BS. No one here has a right to judge anyone for any action they chose to make for themselves. I don't care who called off sick or not. No one here can judge those people. They made a decission that was right for them, just like anyone else here would have done if they made a decission. Society now adays is ALL ABOUT ME. That's life. I chose to make myself avaiable and fly from the 23-current. That is my choice, but I have no opinion on those who chose to call out for whatever reason. Everyone's situstion is different and until you begin living other peoples lives, who are you to come on here and blast people. Those of you who do should be ashamed. You know exactly what kind of company we work for and what shape it is in right now. I really enjoy working here and will be sad if it finally closes shop, but unfortunatly none of this is in my control. As none of it is in your control. If you choose to stay here and tough it out as I do, that is your business. If it falls, you are lying to yourself believing that you never saw it coming. Do not judge others... Mind your own business and quit your armchair B*&tching.
Thank you to all who continue to support US. Thank you to all who are doing what they can to come to work and continute to do a good job. And to those who did call in sick, you have your reasons and you should not be crucified by anyone. it is between you and the company.

PineyBob said:
I assume the paychecks haven't bounced and 8 of those 16 hours are OT? I guess with all that Overtime you are STILL at "Poverty wages" right?
[post="233779"][/post]​

Yet another stupid response from Bobby boy.

You get to a point that you don't care about the extra money, you just want the company to hire people so you aren't forced to work an extra 8 hours every day.

PineyBob said:
I assume the paychecks haven't bounced and 8 of those 16 hours are OT? I guess with all that Overtime you are STILL at "Poverty wages" right?
[post="233779"][/post]​

Bob just to ask how much can a body take being FORCED to work 16 hour day after day after day. This is how people get sick wouldnt you agree?

Didn't you vote on the contract. The 16 hr day is most likely a clause in your contract. Why would anyone allow this to be placed in a contract unless it was at YOUR option not the companies. Your just going to have to resign to the fact that if you want to stay at US, you'll have to play by their rules, because your contract isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'd be after the guys you pay your dues to not the company.

PineyBob said:
[post="233779"][/post]​

Yes, those "slackers" who got tired of 16 hour days day after day should just shut up and consider themselves lucky to be able to serve you...even with overtime. In case you haven't noticed, the American Dream doesn't consist of 16 hours of work and 8 hours of sleep.

KCFlyer said:
the American Dream doesn't consist of 16 hours of work and 8 hours of sleep.
[post="233811"][/post]​

Ah, but if you look into history, that is exactly what our ancestors did to get by. Remember the saying "what goes around, comes around"? This may be that time in history :up:

KCFlyer said:
Yes, those "slackers" who got tired of 16 hour days day after day should just shut up and consider themselves lucky to be able to serve you...even with overtime. In case you haven't noticed, the American Dream doesn't consist of 16 hours of work and 8 hours of sleep.
[post="233811"][/post]​
maby they should re build lines for the ramp guys have 16hr shifts work less days so they can have a life...the best part of the job is flex time...not just the $$$

phl/yyz said:
maby they should re build lines for the ramp guys have 16hr shifts work less days so they can have a life...the best part of the job is flex time...not just the $$$
[post="233815"][/post]​

Oh, yea. You sling bags for 16 hours and see what you think of that life.

Piney Bob..
You are missing the point on this one. Good reliable equipment is in short supply in PHL, as it has been for years. When they lost there Station Director and had others come in, the first thing noticed was the lack of equipment.

CLT is staffed with the proper equipment and does have extra for breakdowns, so getting a tug or beltloader is not a problem. Most gates have 2 beltloaders, so you will not have any problems when the plane arrives. But, we also take very good care of that equipment, to insure it works everyday.

CCY must allocate equipment from other stations to fix this problem, as some small stations may be able to help. Staff the place correctly and problems will go away.

atoguy said:
Just wanted to say thanks to those who have caused this weeks mess. That you felt you had to make the decision for the rest of us about our jobs and the future of U. You may have caused the collapse of U and put the rest of us out of work. Yes we all are not happy with what has happened and what we have lost. That we have nothing to stay here for any more unless you truely love your job. But I am sure that most of us that are here and looking for a future would like to be employed until that happens. Alot of us have mortgages and children to support. We did not need you to expedite the process for us to end up in the streets. If you are that unhappy, don't take it out on our customers and the rest of us who are trying to survive. JUST GO QUIETLY . Let the rest of us choose our own future without your help.
[post="233762"][/post]​

Excellent post about the bottom line issue here.