Thanks to all employees from Doug

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
With all the negative posts going on about our airline, I thought I'd share something positve.

March 10, 2007

Dear US Airways Employee:

First, let me tell you again how proud I am of you, and particularly our airport and reservations employees, for your efforts to deliver the best customer service possible through the challenges of Res migration. The success we are experiencing, in spite of those challenges, is because of the collective teamwork of everyone at US Airways.

The cutover was both broad in context (several applications migrating), and heavy in volume (over 7 million PNRs), and while much of it was a success, key elements of the changeover did not work, and are still not working as well as we’d like, although they’re closer to being resolved with the 24/7 involvement of our Information Technology group. Despite that, our customers are getting to their destinations and our lines are back to normal, thanks to our exceptional and hard-working employees.

I visited CLT, and talked with employees from around the system this week, and I know how frustrating it’s been to learn a new system, work through the challenges brought about by the migration, and also serve our customers through the thick and thin of normal operating challenges. But you all are doing it and everyone on the team is grateful.

To show our appreciation, we’re paying a special Reservations Migration Hat Trick this month at our maximum level of $100 for each employee up to the managing director level. The payment will be reflected in your paychecks March 30.

We all know that having one reservations system is going to be better for our customers and for our employees: more efficient, easier to use and less confusing for all of us. We have some transition pains here but, fortunately, we are working through them, thanks to all of you.

I can’t tell you how much it means to our customers that you’re still able to serve them with a positive attitude. Most of all, know that we are all very proud of your efforts, your professionalism, and your commitment to each other and our customers. Thanks so much – you’re the best!

This management may not be perfect, but they do try to boost morale which I appreciate. They atleast acknowledge that this airline could not run without us.

A nice gesture since the res migration pretty much torpedoed any chance for a normal hat trick payment for March performance.

Jim

Thank You Doug, for the 100 bucks.
Now, How about running from underneath the skirt of the judge, and arbitrate the 'change of control' grievance, which you ALREADY agreed to ?

March 10, 2007

To show our appreciation, we’re paying a special Reservations Migration Hat Trick this month at our maximum level of $100 for each employee up to the managing director level. The payment will be reflected in your paychecks March 30.

WOO HOO!!!!! :up: Drinks are on Doug!! :D

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 194
Thanks Doug!!

I for one think that was a terrific gesture and I agree with the previous poster.
When a snag happens or a mismanaged process occurs they are pretty good about attempting to fix it quickly and improve morale and that is commendable!!
Way to go Tempe!!
Thanks. :up:

I have to give Doug some credit--at least he is trying to show appreciation for the front line in a tangible fashion. It's more than the previous management would have done.

So let's keep it positive for a while--ok for a minute at least????

My best to you all.........

Latest posts