Thanks

USAirUnited

Advanced
Dec 17, 2002
:D It was so re-assuring to listen to Mr. Bruce's Weekly Message. He thanked every work group for a Bravo ZOO-lu in dealing with the severe weather we all faced the past 3 weeks. Seems it was to difficult for him to say "Thanks Reservations." Thanks for working all the overtime and dealing with 100 - 350 calls on hold daily. This is the group that deals with the irate pax that is pushed away at the airport. This is the group that protects most every single pax too their final destination. Seems like we are the most forgotten. Wait I forgot we are the group that is OVERPAID and UNDER PRODUCTIVE! Mr. Bruce maybe you should have thanked US AIRWAYS.COM since you think it will replace us! Can't wait to see how it will protect the irate pax that is delayed for 2 days! Until now I had faith in this company. Please Mr Bruce do us all a favor and file bankruptcy and end it all!!!!

Man oh man! Arent wejust bitter bitter! Move on yall....US is not the end all. This is at will empyoement. Just go if your not happy. I mean lets get for real here...this site is nothing but a #### fest for those who complain day in and day out....and they are the ones who will never leave.
I work 5 trips a month and each and every trip all the FAs bring up that US has to adapt to change. Quite a eye opener! 5 Years ago....I would have been like HELL NO! But I am thinking realisticly and with a clear conscious. This is a job i love and dont want to give up. If you are so miseable.....DO ALL OF US A FAVOR AND RESIGN!

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Man oh man! Arent wejust bitter bitter! Move on yall....US is not the end all. This is at will empyoement. Just go if your not happy. I mean lets get for real here...this site is nothing but a #### fest for those who complain day in and day out....and they are the ones who will never leave.
I work 5 trips a month and each and every trip all the FAs bring up that US has to adapt to change. Quite a eye opener! 5 Years ago....I would have been like HELL NO! But I am thinking realisticly and with a clear conscious. This is a job i love and dont want to give up. If you are so miseable.....DO ALL OF US A FAVOR AND RESIGN!
I don't know about you...but I am a contracted employee..

"At will" employees don't get to vote on working agreements. We contracted employees will decide on our departure just as soon as we cast our vote :lol:

PITbull said:
We...will decide on our departure just as soon as we cast our vote :lol:
See? And I was attacked for my belief that the votes are being cast with one foot out the door. How is that not exactly what PITbull advocates (repeatedly)?

PineyBob said:
I am beginning to question if it's possible
LOL, you're just now realizing this? If the views here are representative of the UAIR workforce at large, just turn off the lights and get it over with.

What will it take to make you happy? I am beginning to question if it's possible
Thank you doesnt put meat on the table Bob.
Why not try honoring our contracts and treating us like human beings?

I go to work everyday and everyday it gets harder and harder. You see the doom and gloom written on your coworker’s faces and you know they see it on yours.

While a simple thank you and a pat on the back is appreciated its only temporary, at the end of the day the stark reality of the inevitable is still there and it'll remain there as long as management takes the stance that the only way to save this airline is off the backs of the employees.

I didnt come to US Air with this attitude it was brought on by the lying and deceit I experience from Upper Management. The majority of people I work with that can retire have and the rest of us that are still employed by U have second jobs including myself.

From what I understand US Air has a 50-50 chance. I tend to look at that as 50% Chapter 11 or 50% Chapter 7. Either way life at U is over as we know it, anyone to think otherwise is in denial and should call their EAP rep ASAP.
Just my opinion

CC

A “Thank Youâ€￾ must be sincere....

I have half the management at work telling me thanks for doing a good job, and the other half saying …â€￾That’s what you get paycheck forâ€￾. No wonder were confused.

SL

From what I understand US Air has a 50-50 chance. I tend to look at that as 50% Chapter 11 or 50% Chapter 7. Either way life at U is over as we know it, anyone to think otherwise is in denial and should call their EAP rep ASAP.
Just my opinion

As an outsider, I have to tell you how sad it is to watch what is happening to you and to US. Never before has an airline approached its final destination with the world's ability to watch so much of what is going on, thanks to the internet. It is sad to watch but employee reactions are very understandable.

Knowing people who worked for now-defunct airlines like Pan Am and Eastern, can I just encourage each of you to recognize that there is a life after USAirways. Most of those ex-PA and EA employees are living happy and productive lives and many of them are doing things they never would have imagined doing if their employer had not failed.

While it would also be easy to become bitter about life because of what you have endured, please don't. Each of you is gifted and capable or you wouldn't have been able to bring US as far as it has come. At least one of you should think about writing your experiences, maybe serving as an editor of a work to which many can contribute; business insider books don't usually become bestsellers but there are people who are interested in knowing more than what is otherwise available.

Each of you faces tough decisions in the months ahead. While not being pessimistic, I'm not sure that the decisions any of you will individually make are going to make the difference in whether US limps along or dies now. Sadly, I think US' fate has already been sealed. It may be best for everyone involved with US to move on and build a new life. I'm sure I'll say it again but best wishes to each of you at US.

Smartest Loser said:
A “Thank Youâ€￾ must be sincere....

I have half the management at work telling me thanks for doing a good job, and the other half saying …â€￾That’s what you get paycheck forâ€￾. No wonder were confused.

SL
our manager brought us pizza (2 boxes for the ramp and another 2 for the inside for the am and then the pm shifts) after a rough start with our clt flt being delayed for almost 3 hrs which included sending in a 737-400 to take the remaining folks to clt and then the 820 am phl flt came back to the gate for about 20 minutes due to software and then the manager even said thank you to all of us for a job well done for the fiasco we had yesterday morning. it did feel a ok to hear that!

The guy (lakefield) took the time in his weekly message to say "thank you" and all we get is more of the same whinning and crying from the first post.

Do me a favor and stick to your Trip reports!!!!!!!

There are only three reasons why most are going to stick it out until the end!

1) UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS

2) SEVERENCE (possible)

3) BUYOUT (possible)

So please STOP telling people to leave. Its rediculous and a very idiotic thing to suggest. No one is stupid!

severence.........hahahaha, ask the poor people in TOL who just got the boot, ask them what they got!!! NOTHING

PineyBob said:
A journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step! The MAN said "thank you", why not build on that? Instead of pointing out the numerous and well known problems, Dignity & Respect is a two way street. Maybe Jerry is clueless in that regard, but that doesn't mean Lakefield is.

Rebuilding trust and integrity has to start someplace. Why not a simple "thank you" backed up with someone not named Glass handling the ALPA negotiations. See a potential pattern?
Bob,

I think the point here was the analogy Bruce made just a short week ago. "Overpaid and Underproductive." What a slap in the face!!!!! Just like Dave calling us a bunch of "Uneducated house wives".

We are tethered to our positions. Every second we are off the phone is accounted for and if you don't meet the adherrance requirements you get a note in your mailbox, a write up, or you are placed on a level. If you spend a few seconds too long in call work working on a difficult record or documenting a record, you get a message from big brother who is watching you. If you have someone on hold too long while waiting for another department, you get a message. If you spend too much time on a call, you get reprimanded. It is never ending. While this company is hard at work making it more difficult to sell the company, we have the freakin gestappo breathing down our necks when we are doing our job and doing it well. In the meantime we have to hear that we are overpaid and unproductive. Well that just puts the icing on the cake. Make sure you have a buddy to pull the knife out when the hand pats the back.

And for all of those who say resign. Bugger off I am seeing this one through to the end. I need some financial assistance to finish my Masters.

USAirUnited said:
Mr. Bruce maybe you should have thanked US AIRWAYS.COM since you think it will replace us! Can't wait to see how it will protect the irate pax that is delayed for 2 days!
There will be a learning curve for the customer and
software will have to be upgraded, but the kiosks and
usairways.com will eventually be able to handle
rerouting and other seemingly complex transactions.
Remember, it took several years for people to get
used to using ATM's and self service checkout at
the supermarket. I'm willing to bet that our customers,
with the exception of the once every 5 years traveler
will adapt easily to the technology and will actually prefer
it. The attitudes of our agents are already driving
customers to the kiosks. A computer does not have
the capacity to be discourteous. We will never be able
to completely eliminate reservations and ATO staffing
but if we can shift the majority of our customers to
self service, we can save a tremendous amount of
money that can be better spent on growing the airline.

Latest posts