The 3 new 757's we just received

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the aircraft? It is to my understanding that as far as the inflight department, the aircraft is completely different inside. The configuration is different along with galleys. I know I heard that they "inflight" was doing service testing over at the hanger but do we know anything? Though it's a 757 everything is different. They have ovens for instance. Are they going to just throw the crews on here with a piece of paper showing how to do the service? I can see a mess for some don't know how to do the service now. LOL, throw in a new a/c configuration and ya have a mess. Oh brother it's getting close to launching those birds to GLA,SNN and LIS. So any news?

I know one has been sitting outside the hangar in PHL for a while now. I wanted to go take a look but haven't had the time to go visit my mechanic friend who works over there.

A/C 642(I think that is the number) has been sitting in PIT over by the old FAB since late last week. Looks like there are training/inflight people coming and going. Oh yea,new paint job looks great on that bird. :up:

Help me understand something....above all else, the F/A job is to know the safety features, evacuation strategies, etc. If the seating and gallies are arranged differently, exactly how much transition training is required? An 8 hour day on board the aircraft? A 4 hour ground + 4 hours on the aircraft? I'm just curious.

the a/c from pics that ihave seen have an all leather interior . they look really nice inside. brand new intterior.

They are were not TZs anymore they were flying for an airline in Europe.