The 9 who are right and the one who's wrong

Feb 14, 2004
There has been plenty of complaints from Bob Owens pimping for release from mediated talks but lets look at what has happened since 12/14/2010. For one. We have only truly been in what I see as real mediated negotiation since 5/10/2011 below you will see why.

1) On 3/10/2011 the TWU finally goes all in with the remaining articles that had not yet been submitted.

2) On 5/10/2011 the Company responds to the Unions proposals.

3) From 6/13/2011-6/17/2011 the two parties spent the week bouncing counters back and forth and it wasn't until after this session was there truly any progress made on the contract.

4) Productive session's begin on 7/11/2011 with one article TA, then on 7/14 four more articles were TA, then 7/15 all remaining LOA/s except LOA#7 were TA.

5) From 8/8/2011-8/12/2011 again a productive session with two more articles TA.

So to date we have 10 articles remaining and one LOA and Bob Owens complaining all along about release for lack of progress. It looks like he needs to pay more attention to what is going on because the 9 Locals who do not support release along with the NMB understand what is happening in negotiations.

Once the TWU initiated the true debate on 3/10/2011 six months have passed and progress has been made even though all the while one rogue President has been calling for release :blink:

Your in NEVER NEVER LAND if u beleive that Bobs the only one !!! Every election that comes around the sellouts are being BOOTED !!!

After all inclusive happenings, including lost scope arbitrations, concessions since 2003, more appointments for those unelected, and you are still defending the undefendable? Wow!

The way things are going, the TWU and NMB may be irrelevant.
Well, is the current Obama administration irrelevant?

Are not the labor unions supposed to thrive under the Democrats?

I expect unionism to be hammered under the Republicans, but I have not witness any real gains for unionism since the presidential election.

Where is the help labor needs?

Are not the labor unions supposed to thrive under the Democrats?I expect unionism to be hammered under the Republicans, but I have not witness any real gains for unionism since the presidential election.

That is a complete falacy!

Maybe the labor organization as a business has benefited from gov't because the organization has made it virtually impossible for the membership to take punitive measures against the motherland.

The membership, which btw are ordinary middle class americans, are the real victims at the hands of gov't by way of corporate america, wall street, labor organization, and your friendly liars....the politicians. But, people still contribute to COPE and believe the lies and it's been nothing more than legalized robbery of our hard earned money.

Reactions: 2 people

Are not the labor unions supposed to thrive under the Democrats?

I expect unionism to be hammered under the Republicans, but I have not witness any real gains for unionism since the presidential election.

There have been plenty:

1) RLA rule change for representation elections
2) Appointment of Linda Puchala (former AFA-CWA President) to NMB
3) Engineering auto bailout and allowed UAW to form a health care trust with 17.5% stake in new GM wile secured bond holders only received roughly 10%. Of course the UAW is weeping over their concessions and you have people like Bob Owens calling it "a raping of the UAW"

These are just a few examples.

Of course labor feels Obama hasn't lived upto his expectations but fortunately since Obama has been elected union membership rolls have decreased and there have been significant changes to the collective bargaining rights of government employees not just in Wisconsin and New Jersey even historically strong union states like Massachusetts and New York have imposed similar restrictions this year.

Obama has certainly done the APA, APFA or TWU no favors as he should. Laura Glading and the APFA were really pushing Obama to the membership and the APFA PAC

November 2008: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/laura-glading-on-the-obama-eff.html
March 2011: http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2011/03/apfa-president-tells-members-nmb-wont-release-union-from-contract-talks-with-american.html

Josh

There has been plenty of complaints from Bob Owens pimping for release from mediated talks but lets look at what has happened since 12/14/2010. For one. We have only truly been in what I see as real mediated negotiation since 5/10/2011 below you will see why.

1) On 3/10/2011 the TWU finally goes all in with the remaining articles that had not yet been submitted.

2) On 5/10/2011 the Company responds to the Unions proposals.

3) From 6/13/2011-6/17/2011 the two parties spent the week bouncing counters back and forth and it wasn't until after this session was there truly any progress made on the contract.

4) Productive session's begin on 7/11/2011 with one article TA, then on 7/14 four more articles were TA, then 7/15 all remaining LOA/s except LOA#7 were TA.

5) From 8/8/2011-8/12/2011 again a productive session with two more articles TA.

So to date we have 10 articles remaining and one LOA and Bob Owens complaining all along about release for lack of progress. It looks like he needs to pay more attention to what is going on because the 9 Locals who do not support release along with the NMB understand what is happening in negotiations.

Once the TWU initiated the true debate on 3/10/2011 six months have passed and progress has been made even though all the while one rogue President has been calling for release :blink:

You claim that 9 locals do not support a release and only one does. Thats not correct. Seven Locals voted to be released. So its not only one rogue President, I've recieved support.

Basically we are pretty much where we were in April of 2010. The items that put money in your pocket are still open.

LOA's that have been in place for decades remained in place, there wasnt much debate over them.

You also claim that real mediated negotiations began on 5/10/11, well what was the period from January 2009 till the present? What is the point in talking if the company is simply going to move further away because without a release there isnt any reason why they should move closer to us. The NMB said that they saw no need to schedule further talks, so what does the law say the next step is when the NMB walks away?

The pilots got their conciliatory administration in place and what has that done for them? They too are still without a contract. 111 pilots retired last week because of rumors of threats the company is throwing across the table at them. If we do by chance get released at least we would be able to switch from collective begging to collective bargaining. Maybe you think that getting one Article TA'd per month is acceptable, where in most cases the company got what they wanted, but I dont.

The pilots have the company by the balls. AMR's only move is bankruptcy. The recent pilots letter claiming they are the backbone of this company and are looking for restoration will force the bankruptcy card or no deal on aircraft orders or the new 777 flights to Japan... should be an interesting poker hand :ph34r:

The interesting thing is when I read the title of this post I thought Jeff B. from the company might have weighed in, instead I see it's HSS in lock step with managment once again imagine that.

Reactions: 1 person
The interesting thing is when I read the title of this post I thought Jeff B. from the company might have weighed in, instead I see it's HSS in lock step with managment once again imagine that.

Management, the TWU - what's the difference? Perhaps there's an International opening he wants and is doing the proper pandering. Perhaps the company offered him a job and he's trying to live down to salaried expectations.

No matter - I fail to understand how the membership has been served by this ship of fools whose main concern is their survival.

Reactions: 1 person
I knew as soon as the International sellouts put in Mr. Owens in the Twu negotiations farce they and the braindead YES voting minions like High Speed TOOL would use him as an excuse and a source of blame of why the Twu continues the ongoing tradition of FAILURE. I guess the 1995 debacle and the 2003 MOAC was his fault too?

No other president voted for a release? Hmmm.... Speedy must have Twu tunnel vison if he thinks Bob is they only one.

Hey Speedy, you should be in the International in no time, or maybe Brundages' right hand man and coffee gofer. Black... no sugar.

Latest posts