The Assimiliation begins: A319 / A320 Reconfigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flew on a hanful of US-East flights on A319 and A320 metal.

I must say, I really thought the original layout in the US East A319s was very comfortable... I'm 6'1 and a bigger guy, and I could have a nice experience in Y.

Well, I was very surprised to get on my first A319 and notice an extra row at the exit (9BC/DE i think). Sat down and noticed the lack of legroom that once existed.

Another passenger had mentioned it seems a bit tighter in space.

Then, I got F on an A319 on my next flight --- and I noticed something was different, unless I've just been spoiled on United's A319/A320s. (did they push up the seats any?)

Mentioned the reconfig's to the FA's and they said that the A320's are total nightmares, echoing the comments on FlyerTalk about how there is no more space in the overhead for F passengers's carry-ons, and the only net gain was a row of coach. They said there is absolutely NO room for coats, and one FA said that over 1/2 of the F cabin pax ended up holding them or putting them under their seats...

*sigh*

Welcome to the "new" USAirways...

I guess it's taken a few people by surprise. The crowded overhead space, should be a temporary problem for now. The company recognized this as part of the reconfiguration of the East a/c, hopefully a remedy can be obtained soon. Sorry about that, but the reconfiguration is a necessary revenue generator.

Sorry about that, but the reconfiguration is a necessary revenue generator.
It's also a revenue subtractor. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the impending A321 reconfig. Taking 10F out of those jets is absolutely unacceptable, and will pretty much obliterate upgrade rates for transcon flights. Guess what? Those transcon flights are the only flights where US F-cabin service is really worth anything. Thanks a pantsful, Doug.

This Platinum Preferred has taken his business to United for 2007. :down:

I guess it's taken a few people by surprise. The crowded overhead space, should be a temporary problem for now. The company recognized this as part of the reconfiguration of the East a/c, hopefully a remedy can be obtained soon. Sorry about that, but the reconfiguration is a necessary revenue generator.

Taken by surprise????? ROTFLMFAO....You mean, ooops, we screwed up again and didn't plan...just like the website...and just like just about everything other thing you guys do. But don't worry, patience will pay off. :rolleyes:
blah blah blah blah blah

Mentioned the reconfig's to the FA's and they said that the A320's are total nightmares, echoing the comments on FlyerTalk about how there is no more space in the overhead for F passengers's carry-ons, and the only net gain was a row of coach. They said there is absolutely NO room for coats, and one FA said that over 1/2 of the F cabin pax ended up holding them or putting them under their seats...

*sigh*

Don't worry, eventually only the international flights will have an F Class anyway. Maybe the seat pitch will come back when the 319/320s go all coach.

Based on the amount of money that "East" is making, it is absolutely not a necessary revenue generator.

Don't worry, eventually only the international flights will have an F Class anyway. Maybe the seat pitch will come back when the 319/320s go all coach.

Seriously, they really should just go all coach at this point. There's nothing left to the F product anyway.

What gets me on these new reconfigured a/c is the space. In an unplanned emergency we f/a's are to say, "Grab ankles, heads down, stay down". How in HELL are you to grab your ankles? Getting your small carry on bag in or out from under the seat in front of you is quite an undertaking. The new seating configuration blows as does no closet space for all the coats in the northeast. I think that the closets went due to the fact that after merger differences training and on one certificate those planes from east and west will be all over.

Just take it out on your onboard punching bag(F/A) :p
Seriously, everything our company does is on the "act first, regret later" mode. We spend over a million dollars to save a penny.

Has anyone been on one of the reconfigured 320's yet? I have not but I heard they are a nightmare. This is no overhead space in f/c because all of the emergency equipment is in the overheads. Coats are supposed to be hung on the bulkhead btw y an f. I am sure that is very uncomfortable for the people sitting in row 3.

I am curious why they did not make the 4 seats that they added on 319 recline. Probably a cost thing I am sure as they would have to make them lockable reclines.

The reconfiguration of the 319 is acceptable considering there is a net increase of 4 additional Coach Seats and obviously Revenue can be generated.However, on the 320 where a galley was removed along with the ONLY closet and 4F/C seats to add 8Total seats is a WASTE of Money. Who in the hell planned this layout needs to get a SWIFT kick..........people want their coats hung up and all those F/C overheads dedicated for emergency equipment shows that some moron really doesn't see "The Big Picture". (The 320 forward area, galley, closet and cabin area needed to be modified to look EXACTLY like the 319.....remove 4 F/C seats and add a row of Coach, 6seats. What was done on the 320 looks ridiculous and will really piss off F/C pax due to the bag/coat problem....someone didn't do the homework or didn't understand the objective.) :down:

Mentioned the reconfig's to the FA's ... and they said there is absolutely NO room for coats, and one FA said that over 1/2 of the F cabin pax ended up holding them or putting them under their seats...

*sigh*

There's no room for coats because people who live in PHX don't really need them, so by extension, passengers of the "new" US Airways should have no need to stow them anywhere. Remember, if something doesn't happen in Maricopa County, AZ, it really doesn't seem to matter, so US doesn't need to be concerned with the warmth of people from the Northeastern USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.