"The Attacks Will Be Spectacular"

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
"Tenet vividly recalls the White House meeting with Rice and her team. (George W. Bush was on a trip to Boston.) Rich [Blee] started by saying, There will be significant terrorist attacks against the United States in the coming weeks or months. The attacks will be spectacular. They may be multiple. Al Qaeda's intention is the destruction of the United States." [Condi said:] What do you think we need to do? Black responded by slamming his fist on the table, and saying, We need to go on a wartime footing now!
What happened? I ask Cofer Black. Yeah. What did happen? he replies. To me it remains incomprehensible still. I mean, how is it that you could warn senior people so many times and nothing actually happened? Its kind of like The Twilight Zone.

Remarkably, in her memoir, Condi Rice writes of the July 10 warnings: My recollection of the meeting is not very crisp because we were discussing the threat every day. Having raised threat levels for U.S. personnel overseas, she adds: I thought we were doing what needed to be done. (When I asked whether she had any further response to the comments that Tenet, Black and others made to me, her chief of staff said she stands by the account in her memoir.) Inexplicably, although Tenet brought up this meeting in his closed-door testimony before the 9/11 Commission, it was never mentioned in the committees final report."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/cia-directors-documentary-911-bush-213353#ixzz3rNFAzDGH

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
"Tenet vividly recalls the White House meeting with Rice and her team. (George W. Bush was on a trip to Boston.) Rich [Blee] started by saying, There will be significant terrorist attacks against the United States in the coming weeks or months. The attacks will be spectacular. They may be multiple. Al Qaeda's intention is the destruction of the United States." [Condi said:] What do you think we need to do? Black responded by slamming his fist on the table, and saying, We need to go on a wartime footing now!
What happened? I ask Cofer Black. Yeah. What did happen? he replies. To me it remains incomprehensible still. I mean, how is it that you could warn senior people so many times and nothing actually happened? Its kind of like The Twilight Zone.

Remarkably, in her memoir, Condi Rice writes of the July 10 warnings: My recollection of the meeting is not very crisp because we were discussing the threat every day. Having raised threat levels for U.S. personnel overseas, she adds: I thought we were doing what needed to be done. (When I asked whether she had any further response to the comments that Tenet, Black and others made to me, her chief of staff said she stands by the account in her memoir.) Inexplicably, although Tenet brought up this meeting in his closed-door testimony before the 9/11 Commission, it was never mentioned in the committees final report."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/cia-directors-documentary-911-bush-213353#ixzz3rNFAzDGH

What time do you think poltico is going to change this story?

Reactions: 3 people
delldude said:

What time do you think poltico is going to change this story?

You won't believe this story but you'll believe some made up fantasy about the destruction of the WTC?  

Reactions: 2 people
777 fixer said:

I can read your mind dell.  Very disturbing by the way.   ;)

oAH9v2hUMOKx.jpg

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Sorry dell !
EL-CHIMPO and (DIRTY)  D I C K....WERE  Asleep at the switch !     Period !!!!!!!

(JEB)......." My brother kept us SAFE ".
( ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN )........" N O........he did  N O T "  !
Do you mean asleep at the switch, like BaRack is today, concerning ISIS?
Got it!

Dog Wonder said:
Put it on the wall next to your Jr. High Certificate of Completion.
Typical wonder mutt reply. Disregard the topic, entirely as usual, and spew another, un-funny one sentence reply!

Batting 1000....keep up the good work, idiot!

I'll make sure and send yours and BaRacks regards to Paris!

Reactions: 1 person
southwind said:
Disregard the topic, entirely as usual!
Ok, touched one. The topic is what it is. Look up at the top of the page if you need help.

Feel free to start another thread.

This one has nothing to to do with the Paris attacks.

KCFlyer said:

Yep.  It's good to see compaission.  Why, just a few short years ago, he was most likely eating "Freedom Fries". 

Not surprised he made it about Obama.