The Battle Will Begin Soon

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003

Attachments

• striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 136
No Bob, the Mobile Aerospace is non-union.

Pemco in Dothan, AL is IAM, and union reps down their informed us they won't do struck work.

LavMan said:
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Given the fact that this is a maintenance related item and safety is always first and foremost in the minds of our professional maintenance personnel, I'd be careful about the words posted somewhere for all to see. I know what you meant, but if, God forbid, something should happen, I would hate to see the public outcry then regardless of which side of the fence you are on.
Please think before you post something that can be construed by those "outside the know" the wrong way or in a way that management can use against you.
Good luck.

Bob, I appreciate your support and thank you for it.

This is a worker issue to me, not a union issue, Dave needs to know he cant screw us anymore.

Just like he told everyone MDA will be jobs for our furloughed employees but he did not tell everyone he does not want utility or stock clerks and wants to be able to farmout any and all maintenance.

I really believe this new management is "insane". Do they really think that this is ok with the employees? Is Dr. Bronner running for some kind of governorship in Alabama?

Labor needs now to "rise to this occasion" and use every venue within their legal means to shine light to this. Every paper in the country and leafleting 24 and 7 in all bases, congress, media, everything.

LavMan said:
AOG-N-IT, any part or tooling movement to Mobile yet?
Lavman,

I finally got a couple of days back to back off....and have heard nothing , nor have I seen any evidence of "Capitol Tooling" leaving from anywhere.

I doubt if we will see any of OUR tooling moving anyway. The company excuse is the lack of the required tooling to perform the work...and the labor cost savings that will insue.

I would imagine that if a paper trail of "Capitol Tooling" movements did take place...The IAM would be able to punch some clean holes in the companies story.

We both know that this issue is purely leveled at labors head...the tooling issue is a carefully constructed story of convenience. Had U ever planned to perform the S-Checks on property? , the needed stuff would have already been in place months or even years ago. They knew this issue had a drop-dead date , even before the FAA put the nix on our request for an extension on the S-Checks timeframe.

The FAA finally did something pro-active for a change. saying no to U's request for an extension was the right thing to do. We as a company have never performed an S-Check on an Airbus...so what data or history does U have to base an extension request on? Absolutely NONE !!

My only question is this...Where is the IAM's response to this news? I hope like hell that the IAM leadership understands that this issue is thier "make it or break it" chance. Should this be allowed to stand...or go un-opposed to reverse it , You can kiss your beloved Union good-bye. I wouldn't even be so quick to say that the IAM will remain , even if they win this battle against management?

Basically it's time to say "Batter-Up"....and start chopping till we see some chips flying.

I love how all the "TIME TO SHUT IT ALL DOWN" cry comes from PIT employees. Considering the trend this management is making, no problem...PIT will be shut down and PHL and CLT will remain.

Folks,

No base is "safe" with this mangement nor any job security.

No need to wake up dfw, he needs to continue to "dream on". He'll be "safe" in his dreams.

pitguy said:
:angry: Time has come to shut it all down. The end is near.
Preach it!!!!! Are we going to let them do it again? Kill the horse! It's time to sink the Titanic. You're going down anyway, unless you're one of those prehistoric types with a '68 seniority date. The rest of you are f------ like I am. So, let's pull the life support plug. You're losing your job anyway, why prolong the inevitable and keep Dave on the dole for even longer?

if i am correct,it seems U had all the airbus tooling on location at TPA as they were slated to do the 's' checks.....what i am also wondering,as U claims they have not the correct tooling and such.....could they have sold these items off whilst we were unaware?
and if so,and they go to court....what can be done about it?
then would they have a legitimate beef?
i sincerely hope not.

-----------------------------------
LavMan wrote:

Posted: Sep 10 2003, 10:32 PM

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 1,841

Seems like the company has chosen Mobile Aerospace as their vendor for the airbus heavy maintenance.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

http://www.vt-systems.com/aero_mobile.asp
-------------------------------------

Does anybody have any verification of this? I've looked around the web, and this is the only mention of it.

If it's true, then it's gasoline on the fire!

The maintenance instructors are going to Mobile Aerospace next week to teach their employees heavy maintenance and will be returning there in early october to teach OJT.

Latest posts