The Big Announcement

LukeSkywalker

Jan 14, 2003
Does anyone know when the big announcement is going to be made to the WO''s about the plan for RJ''s? We know that an order was to be placed within 30 days of emerging from C11, but how about letting us know who is going to get what and how many Dash''s each of us will be losing. Anyone?

----------------
On 4/21/2003 12:58:51 PM WOJetDreamer wrote:

Heard through the grapevine that the WO''s would have a good Easter!

----------------​
What year?

Yea, you can find out by going to a Mesa Website! They are getting more jets for US Express service. Should see there 70''s seaters with US Express colors soon. That will be a very sad day.
Mainline wants all the seats on the 70 seaters. Our MEC at WO''s have said no way if they are placed at the WO''s.
Hmmm, whats fair??? 50% maybe ????

I am waiting also! Heard through the grapevine that the WO''s would have a good Easter! Well Easter has come and gone! Anyone know how to find out what the RJ manufacture''s are hearing!

----------------
On 4/21/2003 12:51:43 PM a320av8r wrote:

The last official word was that all turbo-props would be gone by 2007. Personally, I like riding on the Dash especially the -300.

----------------​

I read somewhere (in one of the filings with the SEC and/or the Court) that all turboprop leases expire between 2003 and 2007, so it seems they will be phased out as the leases expire. At least US won''t be paying for planes it no longer flies!

http://www.embraer.com.br/english/content/...

Embraer website shows GECAS as the largest customer with 50 firm orders for the ERJ170. They also own 5% of U and are financing the RJ''s. 2+2=

"Mainline wants all the seats on the 70 seaters. Our MEC at WO''s have said no way if they are placed at the WO''s."

The Mesa contract only allows mainline to get 50% of the seats regardless of the size of the airplane. The Mesa contract with U calls for 30 70 seat crj''s which will be flown 50/50. -Cape

Meeting called for 4-23, Wed. in SBY. Bruce Ashby who is now over all "Express" W/O''s and "MidAtlantic". All depts. heads and out station mgrs. and union stewards asked to be present. I quess it could just be a "meet and greet" sort of thing but, that usually does''nt include the unions. I think something is up with possible merger with PDT and ALG. PDT''s HR and payrole is already going to MDT. "As the stomach churns", PDT and ALG....what a bloody mess, it''s already one. Get ready for another round of BS!! Yee Hah!!!

What is your source for that info? Why ddid they wait till the last minute to announce that? How many PDT pilots still on furlough?

Ashby was named several weeks ago..but with no bells and whistles,as far why the last min. on meeting? You know the drill, it's the usual S.O.P.. Sources ?, sorry no comment, we will all hear 4-23, if any flares are up. All we can do is stand down and wait for now.Last I heard on pilots were 31.

So the 23rd has come and past. Where''s the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT"? Your contacts must have been blowing smoke at you N. You won''t see the pilot groups being combined for quite some time, at least I hope not. By the way, why wasn''t PSA mentioned in any of this? I heard that they were going to be the fist to get RJ''s since they were the first WO to sign J4J.

Ashby was asked on 4/23 straight out when might the WOs get jets, he stated that the decision was not final and even if a lease agreement was ready by May it would not be untill Oct before any jet might be at the WOs. Crews and maintenance training, parts aquisition, proving flights all would need to be settled before service starts anyway.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 3:52:50 PM LukeSkywalker wrote:

So the 23rd has come and past. Where''s the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT"? Your contacts must have been blowing smoke at you N. You won''t see the pilot groups being combined for quite some time, at least I hope not. By the way, why wasn''t PSA mentioned in any of this? I heard that they were going to be the fist to get RJ''s since they were the first WO to sign J4J.

----------------​
The rumor is that Ashby wants one WO carrier to continue operating turboprops in the future, as they can not be replaced in some markets. He seems to think that PSA is more suited for that objective, as they have the faster props.

PSA''s props may be faster, but the company that makes them is not in business anymore and parts are becoming scarce. So now what happens?