RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Gave up 16% Base
Gave up Holidays Reduce to 5
Gave up No-Pay 5 days Vacatiion
Gave up some Sick Leave
Gave up Work Rules in Tulsa (No more structure/systems)
Gave up license/skill premium if you bump into OSM shop.
Gave up OVER 100 Crew Chief positions

ONLY THING SAVED - TWU DUES PAYERS

MAJOR OUT-of -POCKET MEDICAL INCREASE PER YEAR!

..GAVE UP THE FARM!

VOTE NO! AND FIND A SECOND JOB

Mcdonald says he has the balls to bring this back to Tulsa!

ARE YOU ADDING THIS UP?

I also hear the Tulsa Chairman of Stores pulled "roll call" votes on many occassions like McDonald did to sell out his members too!

In fact, I think stores is going to pre-2001 pay levels. They are giving up more than their raises on the current contract.

----------------
On 3/30/2003 12:39:46 PM RV4 wrote:

Gave up 16% Base
Gave up Holidays Reduce to 5
Gave up "No-Pay" 5 days Vacatiion
Gave up some Sick Leave
Gave up Work Rules in Tulsa (No more structure/systems)
Gave up license/skill premium if you bump into OSM shop.
Gave up OVER 100 Crew Chief positions

ONLY THING SAVED - TWU DUES PAYERS

MAJOR OUT-of -POCKET MEDICAL INCREASE PER YEAR!

..GAVE UP THE FARM!

VOTE NO! AND FIND A SECOND JOB

Mcdonald says he has the "balls" to bring this back to Tulsa!

----------------​
Where is this info coming from? Or is it just a rumor?

----------------
On 3/30/2003 1:50:29 PM B737NG wrote:

Where is this info coming from? Or is it just a rumor?

----------------​
This is coming from sources on the inside. They just want to make it look like they battled to the last minute, Cough, Cough.

Little, Yingst, and McDonald had us all sold out before the talks even began. While everyone else attended a "COPE" Convention, the deal was cut behind our backs.

With an unfortunate death at the TWU International level, the sucklings wanting to move up are in full swing.

I'M WITH YOU BOB!

I just wonder what my co-workers think?

Baa-Baaa-Baaaa.

Just wait until ALL mechanics have to eat this crap and then fare wars continue at an even lower level because the over capacity problem will still exist.

Industry Leading Contract has just been agreed to!

The deal was struck weeks or maybe even months ago. The Presidents committee was steered and prodded and redirected until they eventually reached where the International wanted them to be. The International never challenged the company''s fiqures. Doesnt anybody find it strange that we may be told by our union to give up more than UAL mechanics were forced to give up in bankruptcy? Why would we not want to go into bankruptcy? We would get to keep everything else plus only get a 14% paycut at the worst instead of 16%. If our International fought for us it would probaby much less, our contract already has several concessions that UAL and USAIR STILL do not have. Something stinks in Dallas.

It is indeed the company and the company union that is attempting to screw us.

If we let this happen via a legitimate vote, then it is our own fault.

I really question the process of voting now, it is most interesting that the voting procedures/details have not been worked out in advance. At least visible to the membership . Maybe I am wrong and these details are also a "done deal"?

May God open the eyes of the fools in Tulsa this time!

The Indians used to hunt Bison by scaring them towards a cliff and panicking them so as to get them to, under thier own power, run off the cliff to their deaths. This was the advantage of intelligence over brawn. The bison was a powerful animal but not that bright.
We are the Bison and the union and the company are trying to use the same tactic to get us to do the same thing, run off the cliff under our own power. Just as the Indians would carefully plan out there strategy, preparing for every move the Bison would make the company and the Union made their plans very carefully, covering every question, having "experts" throw up a block here, the company throwing one up there and then the union everywhere else,no you cant go here, no you cant go there, all to lead us to where they want us, right at the edge of the cliff, NOW JUMP!!! As we lie dying at the base of the cliff they come down and laugh, we didnt do it to you, you did it to yourselves.
They are actaully telling us to give more away before we go into bankruptcy than the judge took away from UALs mechanics in bankruptcy! Now how stupid could we be to think that we are better off jumping off the cliff than running right over that Indian with the wolf pelt on? The company will make all sorts of threats, "we will sell all the bases and ship the airplanes to ASIA" well how much sense does that make? Sell the bases to whom? If all the work is going to ASIA then why would somebody buy those bases here? If somebody buys those bases what are they going to do with them? Wont they have to hire people to work there? This whole thing about shipping out the work is bull too. What do you think that people are out there maintaining all this extra capacity just waiting for a big airline to come and give them all this work? Of course not. It would be too costly to maintain that capacity. The airlines did not bring all this work in house because they had altruistic motives. They did so because in house gives them better quality control and allows them to operate with less spares, that is if they manage it correctly. I remember a while back AA used to do a lot of subcontracting for other carriers. Crandall stopped it because it was decided that AA just wanted to do AA. They walked away from a good source of revenue.

The question is are we so stupid that we will allow these same people that blew billions of dollars in profits in a few short years to bilk us out of billions more? Seems to me that we are in a contest to see who is more stupid, us the workers or the Arpeys and the Carty's that put this multi-billion dollar company into bankruptcy with all their bad business moves. NO Concessions. FULL PAY TILL THE LAST DAY!!
Bankruptcy for AA will probably be the best thing for the entire industry. It will tip the scales, we will soon be followed by Continental, Delta and the rest. With most of the industry in C-11, the government will have to do something. If we dont like what they come up with, we shut the whole thing down.

Of all the industries out there the airlines probably have more in the military reserves than any other. Several members of our local are over there fighting, hoping to come back alive after accomplishing their mission. We owe it to them to have the courage to stand up to our company, our union and even the same government that sent them there to preserve their pay and benifits. How do you think they will feel if we told them that while they were away we gave away over 20% of their compensation because "we were scared"?

----------------
On 3/30/2003 6:04:30 PM RV4 wrote:

It''s a done deal.

Watch.

----------------​
You speak of a legitimate vote, what are you referring to?

----------------
On 3/30/2003 6:20:08 PM Buck wrote:

----------------

You speak of a legitimate vote, what are you referring to?

----------------​
You know! A vote where the outcome is actual instead of a fabrication. Not like 1995 when two sets of ballots were issued at AFW and the law was violated.

One that is not cumulative and clustered in so-called "flow-through" items.One that reflects the actual view of the members instead of the dues collection agency agenda.

???? UH, never mind....WONT HAPPEN!

Sometimes you scare me Bob! Are you deliberatly trying to mislead people or are you just ignorant about what is happening at UAL. The paycut imposed on the UA mechanics was a temporary measure so UA could meet its targets with its lenders. After a 14% cut was rammed down their throat they then went and STARTED their concession negotiations! It is completly false that we are taking more cuts than UA because they have''nt even finished their negotiations and NOBODY knows what they are going to end up with!

Production should go through the ceiling with that kind of agreement!!! I kknow I''m inspired to hit it.

Or hit something...or someone...

These Tulsa lackeys here are sooooo stupid and scared that they will vote it in just to protect their pathetic little behind. Tulsa does not have the stones to vote no. It is because of these Tulsa lackeys here that we are currently stuck with the totally worthless union and Burchettes little suckboy Randy as a union president. I know I tried to get rid of the twu so dont blame me, you only have yourselfs to blame for this.