The End Is Near

Bye Bye US Airways.

Just remember, it's the US Airways Pilots that made Mesa what it is today. Used to be that ALPA ate it's young. Mesa is about to turn that old adage on it's head.

If it is a Fake, rest assured it's only a matter of time before it will be a reality.

Oh, and to the Moderator,

Please don't move this to the Regional Board. This has huge implications for US Airways, and US Airways is also the single greatest source of the exponential growth at Mesa.

To the AAA MEC,

This is important, because no further scope relief should permit aircraft outside of the US Air Group. It may already be way too late. Stop feeding the Monster(MESA, CHQ) that will come back to eat you.

Can't you see the picture is phony, it is not real, Mesa does not have any 737s and and they are not certified to fly them.

You have fallen victim to a phony pic.

I wonder how management would react if all of the unions came forward and agreed to all of the concessions on the condition that all flying be brought in house on a single list within the next couple of years.

Actually, Mesa has finished 737 manuals and has secured leases on three ex-UAL 737-300's. JO has spoken openly about his desire to fly 737's very recently in the press.

You are correct about the paint though, from what I hear they will not be in Mesa colors...

:eek:

You've hit upon the biggest problem that USAirways, as well as countless other so-called major carriers, face.

Having everybody and his brother with an airline operate flights under code shares, wholly-owned subsidiaries, connection carrier agreements, you-name-it.

Ever wonder why WN does okay, good times and bad? Some say it is productivity, some say it is fleet type, some say its employee pay (and despite what some unamused FAs will tell you, it isnt the pay scales.)

Their biggest source of strength right now may very well be when you fly Southwest, you are getting on a Southwest airplane staffed by Southwest employees.

That isn't true elsewhere and we, the fare paying public, notice.

I had a Delta voucher from an oversale and needed to go to Little Rock and back. So I booked Delta to use up the voucher.

From ELP to DFW it was Chataqua. From DFW to LIT and back it was ASA. From DFW back to ELP it was SkyWest.

I don't enjoy Barbie's dream jet but hey, it was free. But what was most noticeable was the disparate standards maintained and enforced by these regional carriers.

On 3 of the 4 legs I would say service did not even manage to live up to what I feel is Delta's already substandard standard for the main cabin.

USAirways might be much better served if they decided to fly USAirways planes between USAirways cities. If a city doesn;t generate enough traffic for it to continue as a USAirways city, dump it and redeploy the assets someplace else.

But having Mesa, Chataqua, PSA, Agony, Piedmont, ShuttleAmerica, and God knows what other airlines operate airplanes painted to look like USAirways without adequate managerial control of what goes on at the other carrier is foolish, to say the least.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
You've hit upon the biggest problem that USAirways, as well as countless other so-called major carriers, face.

Having everybody and his brother with an airline operate flights under code shares, wholly-owned subsidiaries, connection carrier agreements, you-name-it.

But having Mesa, Chataqua, PSA, Agony, Piedmont, ShuttleAmerica, and God knows what other airlines operate airplanes painted to look like USAirways without adequate managerial control of what goes on at the other carrier is foolish, to say the least.
I've been saying this forever. There will be no morale, no standard product, no progress, and probably no airline if US Airways tries to continue this Aeroflot game.

One hand doesnt know what the other is doing. "Employees" are in competition with each other to see who can do something the cheapest. Quality isnt cheap, and neither is safety. There is no quality control over the product we offer, or even the people that we present to the public. Scope and politics prevent us from deploying appropriate aircraft. Revenue goes to other companies rather than remain in house. Costs rise operationally as each station needs training and manuals for a plethora of aircraft, equiptment, and procedures for a dozen different airlines, each with thier own culture (or lack of it if you know what I mean). US Airways employees are sent packing to be replaced with mostly temporary employees with zero loyalty to US Airways and no knowlege of the product, and even contempt for it. The gate agent, the pilot, and the mechanic for one plane all work for different companies with different agendas.

If Dave wants morale to be better, and everyone to work as a team then he needs to build one. There should be a single list of employees, with competitive payscales for each type of aircraft. Build a single airline that we can all be proud of. There will be a backlash from the flying public soon towards contract carriers because of service (hopefully not because of something more serious), and as usual US will be the most guilty party.

Call us back Dave, we'll staff those RJs and SJs and take just as much pride in it as we did taking the A330s over the Atlantic. Do that and we'll talk. If not, I dont see why any active employee should give up a cent for the benefit of the Mesa Airlines etc of the world. :down:

i think everything we are seeing IS THE PLAN.
all these attacks on contracts,groups and such is the MO.
our continual ride down the concessonary trail is our destiny.
only those willing to stay and work for LCC wages will prevail.
time for a decision then my friends??
which way do we go here?