The Final Word

wts54

Senior
Sep 16, 2002
374
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 7:32:25 AM totobird wrote:

You think the company has treated you poorly ?
Wait until the BK judge gets a hold of you.

Swearing and threats of death.....you mst be a mechanic.

----------------
[/blockquote]


Bad spelling you must be management.
 

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
255
5
www.usaviation.com
Well the mechanics have spoken the final word for everybody and now the BK judge will have the final word for all.
I hope the 57% of one of the smallest groups will be happy with what they''ve brought on all the employees.
I work for USAirways. 22 years with the company and I''m about to loose my job in a month or so. I had hoped to take some money out of my pension fund to help me get through the tough times ahead but I found out that leagally USAirways can take our money to fund their reorganization under bankruptcy.
Just think by next week at this time your stock which was worth 100 dollars at one time will be delisted and trading for pennies on the OTC market.
Thanks to the mechanics who voted NO.
I''m not so sure I would want to fly on United anyways if your mechanics are so unintelligent.
 

spacewaitress

Senior
Aug 27, 2002
468
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 7:24:59 AM 1AA wrote:

You should step in the shoes of the United AMT's and see how they have been treated by UAL management over the last 9 years.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Would you guys grow up...we all have equally deep resentments towards management, but guess what, most of us use our head, not our broken little hearts, to make these sorts of decisions...YOU BIG BABY!
 

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
6,017
4,276
www.usaviation.com
The vote was rejected by a 57% margin. Not by 57%. If it were 57% then it would only be a 14% margin.

A rejection by a 57% margin equates to 78.5% NO - 21.5% YES.


I appreciate the insult of the unintelligent mechanics. The same ones that keep your sorry A$$ flying in a safe and airworthy aircraft. You should step in the shoes of the United AMT's and see how they have been treated by UAL management over the last 9 years.

Remember this little tidbit:

FLY CHEAP,DIE CHEAP. Remember ValueJet?
 

spacewaitress

Senior
Aug 27, 2002
468
0
"A rejection by a 57% margin equates to 78.5% NO - 21.5% YES.

No, the ERP was voted down by 57% to 43%. Get your ## straight.
 

The Ronin

Senior
Sep 17, 2002
497
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 9:02:00 AM spacewaitress wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 7:24:59 AM 1AA wrote:

You should step in the shoes of the United AMT's and see how they have been treated by UAL management over the last 9 years.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Would you guys grow up...we all have equally deep resentments towards management, but guess what, most of us use our head, not our broken little hearts, to make these sorts of decisions...YOU BIG BABY!
----------------
[/blockquote]
I know you must be a really smart lady...just like the people who write articles about United...go to the IAM141-m website. It was a 57% MARGIN LADY...this wasn't just a "few" guys...it really is just a spin on words so the IAM and the company wouldn't look as bad as it is. It was a HUGE regection...plus could I have my warm milk now and blanket
 

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
6,017
4,276
www.usaviation.com
From the IAM 141M site, here is one sentence from the site.

http://www.iam141m.org/united.htm

Like I said it was a 57% MARGIN that voted it down, not 57% of the AMT's. See my previous post about the numbers.

"United’s Mechanic & Related employees, however, rejected their agreement by a 57 percent margin."
 

novaqt

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
488
0
Just a little FYI folks. Along with the pay cut, the Bush planned tax cut will put the lost dollars back in your pockets when it passes. All this appears to be is another account maneuver. Get labor to reduce pay in all labor intensive industries, and return it in the way of a tax cut. How original!!!
 

HI-LOCK

Member
Aug 30, 2002
61
0
I like it when people outside the mechanics work group sling insults at us.It demonstrates their ignorance and arrogance.The Majors will grab all the concessions they can get,fly for a while and still file Chapter 11.Remember TWA,Eastern,Braniff,Pan Am,ect.Was that a DoDo Bird that flew past or what?
 
U

UAL24

Guest
[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 12:09:30 PM 1AA wrote:

From the IAM 141M site, here is one sentence from the site.

http://www.iam141m.org/united.htm

Like I said it was a 57% MARGIN that voted it down, not 57% of the AMT's. See my previous post about the numbers.

"United’s Mechanic & Related employees, however, rejected their agreement by a 57 percent margin."


But then again who cares, it was voted down and they will vote again real soon and if it fails to pass again they will continue to vote until it passes.
----------------
[/blockquote]

It wasn't a 57% margin. 57% for 43%against. That is a 14% margin. Stop misrepresenting a typo by a reporter.

HI Lock, your point about mudslinging is right on. Perhaps you could remind your fellow mechanics of that. They have no problem bashing,complaining, and blaming the other groups on a continuous basis yet get really pissed when someone cast a stone back at them.
 

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
255
5
www.usaviation.com
Hey HI-LOCK DoDo Birds are extinct just like United Airlines is going to be.

So close to saving your airline. Now you'll really feel the pain in BK court.

Bye Bye to your ownership of what used to be the worlds best airline.
 

Boomer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,141
71
UAL24,
You said that the statement regarding Margin v. Percentage was a typo by a reporter, yet, the IAMs' official website says that the 57% was the margin of difference between the yes and no voters.

One would assume that the UNION NEGOTIATING the CONCESSION AGREEMENT TO BE VOTED ON BY THE MEMBERS is competent enough to report the actual facts rather than repeat a reporters error. After all they have the actual numbers, by location, and would surely release information regarding the number of eligible voters v. the actual votes cast...wouldn't they?

I mean, if they are not competent enough to report the facts correctly, today having been some "material" bit of time following said vote, would any mechanics trust them to have negotiated an acceptable agreement?
_________________________________________

http://www.iam141m.org/

Machinists Split On
UAL Recovery Plan

Washington D.C., November 28, 2002, 0100 EST – Members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), voting on five separate tentative agreements, differed on whether to contribute $1.5 billion in cost reductions to United Airlines’ recovery program to avoid bankruptcy.

Ramp & Stores, Food Service and Security Guards ratified their agreements with 63.4 percent of voters approving the accords. The Public Contact Employee (PCE) group also accepted their agreement, with 79.2 percent endorsing the contract. United’s Mechanic & Related employees, however, rejected their agreement by a 57 percent margin.

"Each employee measured the costs and benefits of participating in United’s recovery plan," said Scotty Ford, District 141-M President. "In the end, some thought the risk was worth taking, and others felt they had sacrificed enough. We respect both decisions and this organization will aggressively represent their common interests as this extraordinary situation unfolds."

IAM District 141 represents 24,500 UAL Ramp & Stores, Public Contact, Food Service and Security employees. United’s 13,000 Mechanic & Related employees are represented by IAM District 141-M.

Visit the two District web sites, www.iam141.org and www.iam141m.org for additional details and information.
 

Boomer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,141
71
UAL24,
Unless you are a grand poohbah with the IAM, how do you KNOW that what you say is true?

The IAM has not released the figures regarding the vote count or even how many of the eligible voters even cast their vote.

How do you KNOW that what you claim is true when the IAM website declares otherwise?

For you to be correct, they have to be wrong.

If they are wrong about something this important, how can any mechanic listen to them?
 
U

UAL24

Guest
Boomer,

57% of those that voted did so to turn down the TA. 43% of those that voted voted yes. That is not a margin of 57% no matter how you want to spin it. The vote was pretty close in a statistical manner. That is a fact that is not disputable. It was poor wording to say 57% margin it just isn't true.